Start playback on multiple XBMC players at same time.
Hi

I have searched around but cannot seem to find a direct answer for this, we plan to do an expo and we have 4 flat screens where I would like to start playback at exactly the same time of the same video file. basically a digital signage option from a central file server.

i was wondering if it could be done with the new play to feature or maybe through SSH? or can you have a master player with several slaves?

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated!
No you can't, but what you probably want is an hdmi splitter. One computer, multiple TVs.

You could try sending them all a JSON command to play the file, but it is very unlikely that they will actually synchronise perfectly.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks for the quick reply , however TVs are far apart or i would use a splitter. however a did find a paid solution with a demo mode, in case anyone else needs this: http://tellystream.com/#features. ill post back when i test it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Start playback on multiple XBMC players at same time.0