Raspberry pi vnc
Hi everyone!

I got a raspberry pi running it xbmc Frodo and openelec..

I want to create a VNC, so I do a lot of searching in web, but what I get as to much controversial and i really get nowhere..

Can anyone tell me if its really possible to make a VNC my pi?

Thanks
Vnc from your pi to your pc or from your pc to your pi?
from my pc to my pi, sorry bout the ambiguity
Your not going to be able to do it in openelec without compiling a million things yourself. You can install lxde in rasbmc and then run a vnc client from there. There isn't a elegant solution that I know of.
Raspbmc includes a VNC server.
I have only tested it briefly though, it´s not fast but works out of the box.

Edit: It is experimental though.
He's asking how to install a client not a server.
I thought that too, but does "pc to pi" mean client to server or server to client?
Just thought that the most obvious usage would be server on Pi and client on PC, but I might be wrong...
I want to acess to my pi using vnc, i want to see in my pc the desktop of the pi, and I don't know how to do it..
Ok, Yeah you want the server on your pi. There are plenty of guides on how to do this. But its slow since what it does is take screenshots and sends them to your pc.
I've made a script who already did that, but its really not a solution coz it slow a lot the pi and it often crash playing HD videos

So if I could see what is currently happening and could interact with the pi desktop, using vnc, it would be a lot better!! Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspberry pi vnc1