• 165(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
hey guys sorry for the noob question. i have 2 x asus boxes, 1 running gotham, and the other running kodi.
question.
how do i manually update from gotham to kodi? i have been to the openelec wiki, and it tells me to enter the box ip address on my pc.and the drag the new folder into the download folder of the chromeboxbox? side load? but all i get is the xbmc logo and a banner with programmes tv ect, but it doesnt do anything.
question 2
once the stable kodi is released, how do i switch the auto updates, to only update stable releases, and not betas?
i know im missing something, but i cant figure, it out
sorry folks, and thanks.
(2014-12-16, 22:17)pie eater Wrote: hey guys sorry for the noob question. i have 2 x asus boxes, 1 running gotham, and the other running kodi.
question.
how do i manually update from gotham to kodi? i have been to the openelec wiki, and it tells me to enter the box ip address on my pc.and the drag the new folder into the download folder of the chromeboxbox? side load? but all i get is the xbmc logo and a banner with programmes tv ect, but it doesnt do anything.
question 2
once the stable kodi is released, how do i switch the auto updates, to only update stable releases, and not betas?
i know im missing something, but i cant figure, it out
sorry folks, and thanks.

you enter the IP of the ChromeBox into a windows explorer (file manager) window, not a web browser window.

OE stable releases only auto-update to stable releases; you don't need to change anything. The beta/RC releases will update to stable, and then it won't auto-update again until the next stable release
Just installed Kodi today to my Asus chromebox and I'm trying to connect to wifi and getting Network error, invalid argument. Appreciate any help. Thanks.
(2014-12-16, 23:01)Arse4life Wrote: Just installed Kodi today to my Asus chromebox and I'm trying to connect to wifi and getting Network error, invalid argument. Appreciate any help. Thanks.

2.4 or 5GHz? what type of security? Working fine on both here...
2.4 wpa2
Post deleted.
same here. try rebooting the ChromeBox and your router?
Reinstalled openelec. Working. Can't thank you enough for your work, Matt!

Matt, how easy is it to change to standalone Ubuntu? Do I need to flash image again?

Can I change boot set up if I don't want 30sec and change it to 1sec?
(2014-12-17, 01:03)Arse4life Wrote: Reinstalled openelec. Working. Can't thank you enough for your work, Matt!

Matt, how easy is it to change to standalone Ubuntu? Do I need to flash image again?

assuming you are running a dual boot setup now, you are asking two incompatible questions. Switching to any standalone (aka, non-ChromeOS) setup eliminates the developer boot screen, so there's zero delay before the SeaBIOS boot screen. But if you want to switch to a standalone setup, just boot ChromeOS, re-run the script and choose the standalone option, then reboot. Ubuntu will now boot immediately. If you want to reclaim the disk spaced used by ChromeOS, the easiest thing to do is just install fresh from USB install media, though you can also boot something like Parted Magic and delete/resize partitions as needed, but it's not as ideal.
Hi,

I'm in the process of installing standalone Openelec/Kodi on an Asus, having a few issues.

Unfortunately, the image is cut off on the left side. I can't see all the text/instructions. Tried adjusting
the format on TV but still can't see enough. The part I can't read or understand is:

.... the number for the device to used to install the OpenELEC:

Is "type" the first word? If so what number?

Thanks in advance!
(2014-12-17, 02:09)Kubrickian Wrote: Hi,

I'm in the process of installing standalone Openelec/Kodi on an Asus, having a few issues.

Unfortunately, the image is cut off on the left side. I can't see all the text/instructions. Tried adjusting
the format on TV but still can't see enough. The part I can't read or understand is:

.... the number for the device to used to install the OpenELEC:

Is "type" the first word? If so what number?

Thanks in advance!

ideally you should disable any overscan on your TV by setting the picture mode to 'exact' or 'just scan' or whatever terminology is used for your set.

but yes, the script is enumerating the connected USB devices, starting with 1, and asking you to choose which one to use.
(2014-12-17, 01:12)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-12-17, 01:03)Arse4life Wrote: Reinstalled openelec. Working. Can't thank you enough for your work, Matt!

assuming you are running a dual boot setup now, you are asking two incompatible questions. Switching to any standalone (aka, non-ChromeOS) setup eliminates the developer boot screen, so there's zero delay before the SeaBIOS boot screen. But if you want to switch to a standalone setup, just boot ChromeOS, re-run the script and choose the standalone option, then reboot. Ubuntu will now boot immediately. If you want to reclaim the disk spaced used by ChromeOS, the easiest thing to do is just install fresh from USB install media, though you can also boot something like Parted Magic and delete/resize partitions as needed, but it's not as ideal.

Matt, my apologies. I currently have dual boot chrome OS/ openelec. It's set to 30sec delay. I was just wondering it was easy to change it to 1sec by just changing it in set-up script.

The Ubuntu question is because I'm considering to test it out in the future. Thanks.
(2014-12-17, 02:34)Arse4life Wrote: Matt, my apologies. I currently have dual boot chrome OS/ openelec. It's set to 30sec delay. I was just wondering it was easy to change it to 1sec by just changing it in set-up script.

The Ubuntu question is because I'm considering to test it out in the future. Thanks.

that's exactly what you need to do.
Quote:ideally you should disable any overscan on your TV by setting the picture mode to 'exact' or 'just scan' or whatever terminology is used for your set.

but yes, the script is enumerating the connected USB devices, starting with 1, and asking you to choose which one to use.

Thanks for the fast reply.

I had it on "Just" but tried another input which worked.

Tried hitting 1 (USB was in the first left front slot), it wouldn't work. Rebooted and and now it's stuck at "Booting from Hard Disk"

Is it possible to download the script my laptop to USB, then boot from that?
(2014-12-17, 03:07)Kubrickian Wrote: Thanks for the fast reply.

I had it on "Just" but tried another input which worked.

Tried hitting 1 (USB was in the first left front slot), it wouldn't work. Rebooted and and now it's stuck at "Booting from Hard Disk"

Is it possible to download the script my laptop to USB, then boot from that?

no. Just download OpenELEC from their site on your laptop and create the install media as per their instructions, then boot the ChromeBox from that. Not sure why you rebooted without retrying the install media creation, but that's moot at this point Smile
  • 165(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37