• 195(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2015-01-05, 18:25)jtadeia Wrote: Ups, only now I realised. Ctrl + D doesn't work anymore (due to my firmware upgrade I guess).

So, If I install OpenELEC I will reclaim all the disk space? - Which is what I want.
At the end it will be as standalone right?

Thanks

yes, the OpenELEC installer will reformat/use the entire internal hard disk. You are now in a standalone setup, and will remain so until you re-flash the stock firmware and re-load ChromeOS via a factory reset.
After selecting "run installer" the screen went black. I't like this for more than 5 minutes.. Starting to get suspicious Sad
(2015-01-05, 18:57)jtadeia Wrote: After selecting "run installer" the screen went black. I't like this for more than 5 minutes.. Starting to get suspicious Sad

it should pop up immediately. something's not right with the install media, so try again, maybe with another USB stick
After 20 minutes, I restarted, Now I don't have openELEC anymore.
I can still boot from the PEN, but when press "run installer", the screen goes black again..

Tried with Sd card and a Pen drive. Will try to find another pen drive
that doesn't make any sense, if the installer didn't run, then the existing install on the hard drive should remain untouched
3rd Pen and still the same, after the first screen, it goes black. Could it be bricked?

I'm using "Win32DiskImager" to load my OpenELEC image. Should I do it differently?
Doubtful. Ensure the disk label for the install media is 'OPENELEC' and rename it even if it is already, then try again
Tried that with a new 4th USB FlashPen. Samething.
I there anything else I can do?

I'm using OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-5.0.0-efi.img image
When I now try to format the usb flashdrives with HP Tool, I get errors, all of them seem corrupt now. S$%%&# Sad
Matt Devo Wrote:Image

Matt Devo Wrote:Additionally, this script must be run immediately after booting, otherwise it may fail to detect the current firmware version.

To do a firmware update on standalone OE set-up, fire up Putty and connect to Host Name = "OpenELEC"? No password needed? When you say "script must be run immediately after booting", do you mean press power on Chromebox and use Putty to connect immediately at that point?

Then, I assume you just type in these commands?
Code:
curl -L -O http://goo.gl/HSZer4
bash HSZer4

Thanks.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Thanks for this, I will try. What is the username?

"chronos" doesn't work
If you mean openelec then username root, passwd openelec
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
This one worked. Thanks. Will try to update the script

Nothing to update:

Checking if update available...

You already have the latest firmware
OpenELEC:~ #

Getting Desperate over here

Since I'm able to access the Asus ChromeBox over ssh, is there a way to manually install OpenELEC?
Firmware and OS are completely separate / distinct. The script only updates the former. OE's wiki tells you how to update it, and there's a link on the Chromebox wiki as well.
(2015-01-05, 21:21)nickr Wrote: If you mean openelec then username root, passwd openelec
Thanks... got it working; updated firmware fine.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
  • 195(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37