• 350(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
Quote:the ChromeBox is just another x86 system, will run just about any modern OS. I'd probably give OE 4GB to be safe.

I have a multiboot installation with ChromeOS. After having a look at the partitions i guess resizing the OpenElec partition won't be that easy if even possible.
If i get this right i will have to move around several partitions in order to get some space for the Openelec installation. Looks like this is not a good idea.
I will need to reinstall, am I right? Any other option?

Here is my partition table:

Number Start End Size File system Name Flags
11 32.8kB 8421kB 8389kB RWFW
9 8422kB 8423kB 512B reserved
10 8423kB 8423kB 512B reserved
2 10.5MB 27.3MB 16.8MB KERN-A
4 27.3MB 44.0MB 16.8MB KERN-B
8 44.0MB 60.8MB 16.8MB ext4 OEM msftdata
12 128MB 145MB 16.8MB fat16 EFI-SYSTEM boot, esp
5 145MB 2292MB 2147MB ext2 ROOT-B
3 2292MB 4440MB 2147MB ext2 ROOT-A
1 4440MB 14.7GB 10.2GB ext4 STATE msftdata
6 14.7GB 14.9GB 262MB ext2 KERN-C
7 14.9GB 16.0GB 1074MB ext2 ROOT-C
It can be done, but it's probably easier to just back up your existing OE data, then do a factory reset with the recovery media and then re-run the script and choose a larger partition this time
Quote:It can be done, but it's probably easier to just back up your existing OE data, then do a factory reset with the recovery media and then re-run the script and choose a larger partition this time

sigh... here comes the next question then: I do not have the recovery media anymore.
But did not install a custom coreboot as far as i understand. That means i should have the original Firmware still on the chip (even so if dualboot).
Afaik i can do a factory reset by using the image that is available for download from google under https://dl.google.com/dl/edgedl/chromeos...v2.bin.zip

Is that the recommended way to go forward?
(2015-09-03, 11:28)monsen Wrote: sigh... here comes the next question then: I do not have the recovery media anymore.
But did not install a custom coreboot as far as i understand. That means i should have the original Firmware still on the chip (even so if dualboot).
Afaik i can do a factory reset by using the image that is available for download from google under https://dl.google.com/dl/edgedl/chromeos...v2.bin.zip

Is that the recommended way to go forward?

use google's recovery media tool, which is linked in the wiki, to create the recovery media. The direct download links I provide might not be up to date, since I don't track ChromeOS updates.
Hi all,
I'm looking to install an OpenElec image from here: http://openelec.tv/forum/83-dvb-s-s2-sup...mitstart=0

as it contains drivers/fixes for a TV tuner I use.

May be a stupid question, but how can I get one of these images onto a USB and onto the Chromebox?

Thanks in advance
(2015-09-04, 16:58)denz13 Wrote: Hi all,
I'm looking to install an OpenElec image from here: http://openelec.tv/forum/83-dvb-s-s2-sup...mitstart=0

May be a stupid question, but how can I get one of these images onto a USB and onto the Chromebox?

Thanks in advance

assuming you are already running OpenELEC, just do a manual update as per the OpenELEC wiki - download the .tar file, drop it in the update folder, and reboot.
(2015-09-04, 17:47)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-09-04, 16:58)denz13 Wrote: Hi all,

Thanks in advance

assuming you are already running OpenELEC, just do a manual update as per the OpenELEC wiki - download the .tar file, drop it in the update folder, and reboot.

Thanks for the response, and what if I'm not running OpenELEC? I'm currently running KodiBuntu...
(2015-09-04, 18:37)denz13 Wrote: Thanks for the response, and what if I'm not running OpenELEC? I'm currently running KodiBuntu...

Create install media for official OE 5.95.4 (use the script if you like), boot it, install OE, then manually upgrade to whatever build you want to run
(2015-09-04, 20:59)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-09-04, 18:37)denz13 Wrote: Thanks for the response, and what if I'm not running OpenELEC? I'm currently running KodiBuntu...

Create install media for official OE 5.95.4 (use the script if you like), boot it, install OE, then manually upgrade to whatever build you want to run

Thanks Matt, great help as always!
I ran into trouble when trying to install OE over my existing Kodibuntu install (It was getting stuck on the OE splash screen indefinitely).

So, I thought it'd be best to restore back to stock and start the process again. All is well, ChromeOS has been reloaded and boots fine. The problem I'm having is when trying to install/update custom coreboot firmware, it prompts to insert USB media containing a previously backed up firmware file. I have my original coreboot firmware backed up on Dropbox, so i copied this to a FAT32 formatted USB within Windows. When selecting the USB on the Chromebox it states that no such file out directory exists.

Am I missing something? Or am I completely overcomplicating the whole process somewhere??

Thanks in advance
(2015-09-06, 10:14)denz13 Wrote: I ran into trouble when trying to install OE over my existing Kodibuntu install (It was getting stuck on the OE splash screen indefinitely).

So, I thought it'd be best to restore back to stock and start the process again. All is well, ChromeOS has been reloaded and boots fine. The problem I'm having is when trying to install/update custom coreboot firmware, it prompts to insert USB media containing a previously backed up firmware file. I have my original coreboot firmware backed up on Dropbox, so i copied this to a FAT32 formatted USB within Windows. When selecting the USB on the Chromebox it states that no such file out directory exists.

Am I missing something? Or am I completely overcomplicating the whole process somewhere??

Thanks in advance

there's no reason to have reverted back to the stock firmware and ChromeOS, but what's done is done.

When installing/updating the custom coreboot firmware, the script checks that the current firmware contains the system's unique LAN MAC address. If it does not, then it asks if you want to load it from a backup file. I'm not sure how you would end up in that situation having restored your original firmware backup, but for now I suggest you decline when prompted to load the backup and we can worry about that later. Flash the firmware, create the install media, install OpenELEC, and we'll go from there.
(2015-09-06, 10:46)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-09-06, 10:14)denz13 Wrote: I ran into trouble when trying to install OE over my existing Kodibuntu install (It was getting stuck on the OE splash screen indefinitely).

Thanks in advance

there's no reason to have reverted back to the stock firmware and ChromeOS, but what's done is done.

When installing/updating the custom coreboot firmware, the script checks that the current firmware contains the system's unique LAN MAC address. If it does not, then it asks if you want to load it from a backup file. I'm not sure how you would end up in that situation having restored your original firmware backup, but for now I suggest you decline when prompted to load the backup and we can worry about that later. Flash the firmware, create the install media, install OpenELEC, and we'll go from there.

Sorted, thanks again.
(2015-09-01, 20:42)busta.rhymes Wrote: yeah, you can forget what i wrote, just came home from shopping and chrome box was on again... god damnit!!!

I have the same problem.. The guys in the openelec irc suggested its a driver problem.. i will try to install kodibuntu and see if it helps (:
(2015-09-07, 17:32)michi_jl Wrote:
(2015-09-01, 20:42)busta.rhymes Wrote: yeah, you can forget what i wrote, just came home from shopping and chrome box was on again... god damnit!!!

I have the same problem.. The guys in the openelec irc suggested its a driver problem.. i will try to install kodibuntu and see if it helps (:

that's a terrible idea. If it were a driver idea then a lot more people using a ChromeBox with affected versions of OpenELEC would be having the same issue. But if you do want to try Kodibuntu, I'd recommend following fritsch's guide for the new VAAPI builds here: 231955 (thread)
what about a drop voltage ? i see that if i disconnect and reconnect power on my chromebox it switch on auto
  • 350(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37