• 355(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2015-09-15, 12:31)busta.rhymes Wrote: Ok, i opend a thread on the github page... I dont think it will get resolved though

https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/issues/4322
Well my probles havent resoved ether..
And i am on ubuntu now so its not openelecs fault, and i am using the harmony hub over bluetooth so its not the playstation remotes fault..
Yeah well then its some sort of Bluetooth wakeup probably caused by a specific sleep state activated in the bios of the chromebox. Thats my best guess.
(2015-09-17, 09:18)busta.rhymes Wrote: Yeah well then its some sort of Bluetooth wakeup probably caused by a specific sleep state activated in the bios of the chromebox. Thats my best guess.

but I can't reproduce it here with my PS3 remote. Lots of other devices operate on the same 2.4GHz spectrum, it could be something else that's causing a BT wakeup. Also, there's nothing non-standard about the ChromeBox's S3 power state. It can return to S1 (wakeup) via the power button, WoL, BT, or a USB device, depending on OS configuration.
Apple stuff does quite a lot of Bluetooth LE enquiry for stuff like AirDrop, iPhone tethering etc. (Although tethering uses WiFi I think it also uses BT to negotiate the connection?)

Busta - do you have an iPhone ? Matt - do you ?
(2015-09-17, 09:47)noggin Wrote: Apple stuff does quite a lot of Bluetooth LE enquiry for stuff like AirDrop, iPhone tethering etc. (Although tethering uses WiFi I think it also uses BT to negotiate the connection?)

negative, I'm a Nexus guy
(2015-09-17, 16:35)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-09-17, 09:47)noggin Wrote: Apple stuff does quite a lot of Bluetooth LE enquiry for stuff like AirDrop, iPhone tethering etc. (Although tethering uses WiFi I think it also uses BT to negotiate the connection?)

negative, I'm a Nexus guy

Same here..
If someone has got an idea how to debug this issue pleas tell me..
Like i said, the issue is instantly fixed when i unpair the ps3 remote. Maybe it has to do with a specific bios version as i did not have this issue a couple of months back with my first chromebox.
And no i do not have an iphone.
(2015-09-18, 04:59)busta.rhymes Wrote: Like i said, the issue is instantly fixed when i unpair the ps3 remote. Maybe it has to do with a specific bios version as i did not have this issue a couple of months back with my first chromebox.

there have been absolutely zero changes to the firmware related to anything that would affect wake from sleep. And I have no issues with my PS3 remote waking the box - it's actually been suspended since you raised the issue over a week ago.
(2015-09-18, 06:03)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-09-18, 04:59)busta.rhymes Wrote: Like i said, the issue is instantly fixed when i unpair the ps3 remote. Maybe it has to do with a specific bios version as i did not have this issue a couple of months back with my first chromebox.

there have been absolutely zero changes to the firmware related to anything that would affect wake from sleep. And I have no issues with my PS3 remote waking the box - it's actually been suspended since you raised the issue over a week ago.

The thing is: If you could reproduce it, how would you debug it? maybe we can do these stepps you would do and then theres a chance we are able to fix this problem..
Hi Matt. I can't thank you enough for all the work and support you've put into this device. Can you tell me anything about the way the Asus digitally controls volume (running single-boot kodibuntu)? I'm trying to decide whether to rely on Kodi volume control versus my Emotive DC-1 DAC when listening to lossless files.

If I'm in the wrong place and you can point me at a better source of info that too would be much appreciated.
(2015-09-18, 17:12)jasn Wrote: Hi Matt. I can't thank you enough for all the work and support you've put into this device. Can you tell me anything about the way the Asus digitally controls volume (running single-boot kodibuntu)? I'm trying to decide whether to rely on Kodi volume control versus my Emotive DC-1 DAC when listening to lossless files.

If I'm in the wrong place and you can point me at a better source of info that too would be much appreciated.

I don't know the answer, but I'd expect that there's nothing unique about the ChromeBox, it should behave identically to any other current Intel GPU when it comes to digital audio output/volume scaling (assuming you are using HDMI audio output). That's definitely a question for the ubuntu folks though since there are likely OS-specific factors as well (eg, use of PulseAudio)
Thanks Matt, I will poke around for Intel intel (ha!), as well as the ubuntu site.

I'm using HDMI for audio pass-thru for video files, BTW, and USB to the DAC. I suspect they would be equal in content, but will be sure to follow that lead as well.
(2015-09-18, 18:36)jasn Wrote: Thanks Matt, I will poke around for Intel intel (ha!), as well as the ubuntu site.

I'm using HDMI for audio pass-thru for video files, BTW, and USB to the DAC. I suspect they would be equal in content, but will be sure to follow that lead as well.

since it's a USB DAC, the Intel stuff doesn't matter, I thought you were splitting/feeding with HDMI. If there's a volume control in Ubuntu for the DAC, I suspect it's altering the output volume on the device itself, and no different than using the volume knob there
Has anyone else got a problem with the latest openelec betas where with pvr enabled it bootloops? I get a message saying loading recordings that counts up to 75% then kodi restarts.

If I disable my pvr plug ins I have no problems. I have tried resetting the db and made sure I am using the latest plug ins from the repo
(2015-09-19, 00:00)bob808 Wrote: Has anyone else got a problem with the latest openelec betas where with pvr enabled it bootloops? I get a message saying loading recordings that counts up to 75% then kodi restarts.

If I disable my pvr plug ins I have no problems. I have tried resetting the db and made sure I am using the latest plug ins from the repo

I'd ask on the PVR subforums, either here or on OpenELEC's forums; your issues are unlikely to be ChromeBox specific.
  • 355(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37