• 425(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
It came up now but not sure what happened.
(2016-03-27, 00:44)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2016-03-26, 20:03)Veronica Wrote: Its random but often, happens in less than 30 minutes mostly.
Please use Chromium browser or Chrome and play YouTube videos or Netflix/Amazon Prime if you have.

I never could even finish a Movie in Netflix, froze in less than half movie. With YouTube the first time froze when watched a 3rd Movie Trailer.

Thanks Matt

I've tested all of the above services on a fresh install of GalliumOS using Chrome, and had no issues at all. I think it's on episode #5 of House of Cards Season 4, hasn't skipped a beat (though I did have to disable the monitor blanking and screensaver to prevent them from interfering).

Can you boot up a USB with memtest86 or similar just to rule out a RAM issue? I'm leaning towards something hardware related at this point.
Ok, first i tried from GalliumOS memtest twice and it never started so I then tried with my PartedMagic image and that always work, so far 3 passes and 0 error on my NEW 4gb crucial ram stick (I removed the 2gb stock one days ago thinking maybe that one was the problem but no it wasn't and haven't put it back in)

So I'm thinking maybe there is something wrong with the installation.
I'm going to reinstall but FIRST I'm going to check ssd and boot GalliumOS from USB thumb drive and see if it freezes there too.
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
(2016-03-27, 01:52)tate16t Wrote: Matt,

Having a problem I believe to be HDMI related. I cannot get a connection via HDMI. I don't believe its cable related because I have two older media players that work in two separate rooms and when I plug in the ChromeBox I get nothing each time. I can ping the box and see it connected via my router.

I tried to turn on the unit this morning and the same problem occurred.

I saw this section under troubleshooting via the wiki and wonder if this is my problem, "No Audio and/or corrupted video on Wakeup from Suspend: "

I tried powering off as well but so far cannot get screen on my TV. Again, the device is up, I can ping it and access it remotely via 8080.
(2016-03-27, 21:00)tate16t Wrote: I tried to turn on the unit this morning and the same problem occurred.

I saw this section under troubleshooting via the wiki and wonder if this is my problem, "No Audio and/or corrupted video on Wakeup from Suspend: "

I tried powering off as well but so far cannot get screen on my TV. Again, the device is up, I can ping it and access it remotely via 8080.

was it suspended or powered off? is this a 4K display? are you connected directly to the display, or thru an AVR? Can you provide the URL output of 'xrandar --props | pastebinit' run via ssh?
Your question helped me determine that it happens in suspended mode. Just now I powered off (via Harmony remote) and unplugged it. When I plugged it back in and powered up it worked, I got a display. Smile

Its not a 4k display. It's a Panasonic Plasma TC-P55GT30. I'm connected via a Pioneer AVR.

I guess I need to get to a command prompt to run that command? I tried connecting via SSH but I get, "Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive)"

I'm not Linux savy but with a little guidance I can get you what you need.

I'm at the main Kodi desktop. Can I get to the command prompt from here?
(2016-03-28, 02:26)tate16t Wrote: Your question helped me determine that it happens in suspended mode. Just now I powered off (via Harmony remote) and unplugged it. When I plugged it back in and powered up it worked, I got a display. Smile

Its not a 4k display. It's a Panasonic Plasma TC-P55GT30. I'm connected via a Pioneer AVR.

I guess I need to get to a command prompt to run that command? I tried connecting via SSH but I get, "Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive)"

if the issue is just happening on resume from suspend, then resetting the video output on resume should be sufficient -- just follow the instructions on the wiki to download the suspend/resume script I've already created to do just that. For the ssh portion, use putty and login using the default username/password combo (root/openelec).
(2016-03-28, 02:31)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2016-03-28, 02:26)tate16t Wrote: Your question helped me determine that it happens in suspended mode. Just now I powered off (via Harmony remote) and unplugged it. When I plugged it back in and powered up it worked, I got a display. Smile

if the issue is just happening on resume from suspend, then resetting the video output on resume should be sufficient -- just follow the instructions on the wiki to download the suspend/resume script I've already created to do just that. For the ssh portion, use putty and login using the default username/password combo (root/openelec).

This worked! So did Putty! Thanks!
(2016-03-27, 01:52)tate16t Wrote: Matt,

Having a problem I believe to be HDMI related. I cannot get a connection via HDMI. I don't believe its cable related because I have two older media players that work in two separate rooms and when I plug in the ChromeBox I get nothing each time. I can ping the box and see it connected via my router.

I have given up on my HDMI handshake problem. It was driving me crazy.. Tried everything to get the handshake and get a Kodi screen when i boot. Was about to fork out 800 quid for a new AVR when I got a email from Harman Kardon with a easy fix. Connect Chromebox direct to Tv, optical cable to AVR job done. No handshake issue anymore with AVR.
(2016-03-28, 21:20)Neil123 Wrote: I have given up on my HDMI handshake problem. It was driving me crazy.. Tried everything to get the handshake and get a Kodi screen when i boot. Was about to fork out 800 quid for a new AVR when I got a email from Harman Kardon with a easy fix. Connect Chromebox direct to Tv, optical cable to AVR job done. No handshake issue anymore with AVR.

I'm glad you found a workable solution, but wish there was a better way to troubleshoot these HDMI handshaking issues. Unfortunately, a lot of that is handled by the video BIOS, which is closed source, so we really don't have a lot of insight.
I've just picked up an Asus Chromebox CN60 to replace an aging Core 2 Duo PC that I've been running Ubuntu + Kodi on for the past 9 years.

I was very impressed with Matt's script. It ran perfectly first time with 0 issues and my box is operational.

Thanks very much for your efforts Matt Smile

All the best.
What, you're not here to raise a bug or complain? You're my nominee for post of the day!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-03-30, 01:30)nickr Wrote: What, you're not here to raise a bug or complain? You're my nominee for post of the day!

+1
(2016-03-30, 01:30)nickr Wrote: What, you're not here to raise a bug or complain? You're my nominee for post of the day!

Ha Ha Big Grin

Looking through Matt's post at the top of this thread and also his script he's opviously put a lot of time and effort into developing this. He's supported it over a number of years which is great so I just wanted to say thanks, we're all very gratefulBig Grin
(2016-03-30, 14:15)AP0ll0UK Wrote: Looking through Matt's post at the top of this thread and also his script he's opviously put a lot of time and effort into developing this. He's supported it over a number of years which is great so I just wanted to say thanks, we're all very gratefulBig Grin

I would be remiss in not thanking Matt Devo as well for all his hard work. I got my Chromebox for Christmas specifically after reading this thread! Thanks again Matt!
Hey Matt,

When I play a movie HD Audio does not appear to work. Local movies play fine with the appropriate audio. My AVR displays to current audio format when playing local media however non-local movies remain in stereo and does not switch. I'm connected via HDMI to the AVR. Does the external USB CEC adapter mentioned on the wiki address this problem?

Thanks
  • 425(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37