• 450(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2016-07-04, 04:07)wongnog Wrote: Just installed the LE 7.90 alpha and am loving the new Krypton interface. I'm having some trouble getting 7.1 audio passthrough to my receiver though. I do have my audio settings on passthrough, and marked my receiver as capable of all audio formats, but when I play a DTS-HD movie or DD 5.1 tv show, my receiver doesn't recognize the format. I can even hear Kodi is doing some audio processing, as the pitch goes wonky on play/pause. Anyone else having this problem on their chromebox?

Edit: never mind, solved! In Settings --> Player --> Video --> Playback section, I had "Sync playback to display" enabled, which disables passthrough and also resamples audio, thus the wonkiness.

Now I'm wondering, which settings are optimal for the chromebox in the Processing section? E.g. render method, hardware acceleration, etc. Thanks!

discussions of software bugs in alpha testing versions (esp when not hardware related) are best handled in the threads for those testing versions Smile

In this case, it would appear that there's a bug with passthru audio and refresh rate sync, so you'll have to choose one or the other for the time being. I'm not going to update the recommended settings in the wiki based on alpha builds
My question is can I switch from LibreElec in stand alone to OpenElec?. I successfully installed libreelec as standalone os on a hp chrombox. I am having trouble setting up vpn service (PIA) in the os. My understanding is that Openelec has a PIA vpn setup available. Would I need to go back to chrome os original configuration the proceed with the openelec process? Or can I just boot to OpenElec usb and install.
No just put the openelec tar file in the /storage/.update directory and reboot.

A step backwards...
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thank you. I appreciate the response. Your opinion is that libreElec is the better option?
you'd definitely be better off troubleshooting your current setup then going backwards with OE
I will take your advice. Thanks again.
(2016-07-08, 01:03)roberttx9 Wrote: My question is can I switch from LibreElec in stand alone to OpenElec?. I successfully installed libreelec as standalone os on a hp chrombox. I am having trouble setting up vpn service (PIA) in the os. My understanding is that Openelec has a PIA vpn setup available. Would I need to go back to chrome os original configuration the proceed with the openelec process? Or can I just boot to OpenElec usb and install.

This one works for me:

http://openelec.tv/forum/unofficial-open...l-beta-v11
Matt: Thank you for passing on your knowledge and information. The process I followed for this process was easy to understand and a breeze to install. YOU ROCK.
(2016-07-08, 03:19)cd2022 Wrote:
(2016-07-08, 01:03)roberttx9 Wrote: My question is can I switch from LibreElec in stand alone to OpenElec?. I successfully installed libreelec as standalone os on a hp chrombox. I am having trouble setting up vpn service (PIA) in the os. My understanding is that Openelec has a PIA vpn setup available. Would I need to go back to chrome os original configuration the proceed with the openelec process? Or can I just boot to OpenElec usb and install.

This one works for me:

Thanks Ill give that a try.
(2016-07-08, 03:21)roberttx9 Wrote:
(2016-07-08, 03:19)cd2022 Wrote:

This one works for me:

Thanks Ill give that a try.
It worked! Much faster connect and data rates. I was connecting thru a tomato router running PIA and this way hardly any data rate loss. Thank you for the recommendation.
I am having an issue with the latest version of Kodi.
Updating my Asus Chromebox to 16.1 or 17alpha (OpenELEC or LibreELEC) causes the screen to flash black (cut in and out) when in a menu.
I am on the latest SeaBios.
Is anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it? Thanks!
(2016-07-09, 17:30)enchantedplague Wrote: I am having an issue with the latest version of Kodi.
Updating my Asus Chromebox to 16.1 or 17alpha (OpenELEC or LibreELEC) causes the screen to flash black (cut in and out) when in a menu.

video? I heard of that with some of the earlier LibreELEC 8.0 alpha builds, but thought it was fixed in Milhouse's recent test builds. I haven't heard of that issue with LE 7.0 (Kodi 16.1). You might try backing up your config and doing a reset to make sure it's not a config problem somewhere
(2016-07-09, 20:30)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2016-07-09, 17:30)enchantedplague Wrote: I am having an issue with the latest version of Kodi.

video? I heard of that with some of the earlier LibreELEC 8.0 alpha builds, but thought it was fixed in Milhouse's recent test builds. I haven't heard of that issue with LE 7.0 (Kodi 16.1). You might try backing up your config and doing a reset to make sure it's not a config problem somewhere

It only seems to do it when in a menu (settings, browsing videos etc.) When a video is playing or on the main screen there are no issues.
LibreELEC 7.0.2 does it less often then LibreELEC 8.0.
OpenELEC 6.0.3 does not do it at all.

I have tried reformatting the drive and doing a fresh install, but it makes no difference.
(2016-07-09, 21:47)enchantedplague Wrote: It only seems to do it when in a menu (settings, browsing videos etc.) When a video is playing or on the main screen there are no issues.
LibreELEC 7.0.2 does it less often then LibreELEC 8.0.
OpenELEC 6.0.3 does not do it at all.

I have tried reformatting the drive and doing a fresh install, but it makes no difference.

have you tried another HDMI cable to rule that out? Obviously the newer OE/LE builds use a newer display driver, so could be some weird hardware/software interaction.
(2016-07-09, 21:58)Matt Devo Wrote: have you tried another HDMI cable to rule that out? Obviously the newer OE/LE builds use a newer display driver, so could be some weird hardware/software interaction.

I tried different cables with no change.
However, I tried hooking it directly up to my TV vs through my Denon AVR and the flickering stops.
Any ideas?
  • 450(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37