• 514(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
When I take out the USB and power on I get:

press ESC in _ seconds to skip startup.nsh any other key to continue
shell>
(2017-11-11, 21:20)antonmarks Wrote: When I take out the USB and power on I get:

shell>

if you're using a Ubuntu version older than 17.10, you need to "fix" the EFI boot stub as per entry #2 on my FAQ page: https://mrchromebox.tech/#faq
Just a thought that may or may not help you but since I got a new Panasonic TV, I get the impression that it sometime fails the handshake with my ChromeBox when booting up.

'If' your ChromeBox is connected via an ethernet cable, and it is booting up into Kodi and getting an IP, try install Yatse on your phone, see if it can detect your Kodi instance, and then try and give it a reboot in Yatse and it see if it brings you to the home screen.

Sent from my Nexus 6P
Thanks for helping, but when I type the command in terminal it asks me for my password, but it won't accept it when I type it (or anything else). If I press enter without it it says sorry try again.
Any ideas?

Hold on, I had no idea that there was a newer version. If I install the newest it will right itself?

(2017-11-11, 21:20)antonmarks Wrote: When I take out the USB and power on I get:

shell>

(2017-11-12, 00:07)Matt Devo Wrote:

shell>

if you're using a Ubuntu version older than 17.10, you need to "fix" the EFI boot stub as per entry #2 on my FAQ page: https://mrchromebox.tech/#faq
Installed 17.10 and it works a treat. Thank you so much
Hi, everyone.
I've sold my TRICKY an year ago as bought another device.
But it turned out that I really cannot live without this wonderful piece of hardware especially with great Matt's support.
That's why I've bought a ZAKO on ebay and flashed UEFI firmware at once Smile.
As it is a 4GB RAM model, I've tried how Windows 10 LTSB runs on it and it was running great, exactly as on TRICKY.
But I don't really need Windows on this box, so I've ended with the newest Libreelec as a standalone system.

So far so good, but I still have several power-related questions:
1. ZAKO's power LED does not blink in suspend mode, it just stays OFF. Is it normal?
2. Is there any way to power Chromebox ON from suspend with a wireless (2.4 GHz, non-Bluetooth) keyboard/mouse?
3. Is it now possible to return to the last power state after power loss? Or to the "ON" state at least? (I remember, it was possible on legacy firmware, thanks to Matt).

Thank you in advance.
(2017-11-13, 09:00)bbsc Wrote: Hi, everyone.
I've sold my TRICKY an year ago as bought another device.
But it turned out that I really cannot live without this wonderful piece of hardware especially with great Matt's support.
That's why I've bought a ZAKO on ebay and flashed UEFI firmware at once Smile.
As it is a 4GB RAM model, I've tried how Windows 10 LTSB runs on it and it was running great, exactly as on TRICKY.
But I don't really need Windows on this box, so I've ended with the newest Libreelec as a standalone system.

So far so good, but I still have several power-related questions:
1. ZAKO's power LED does not blink in suspend mode, it just stays OFF. Is it normal?
2. Is there any way to power Chromebox ON from suspend with a wireless (2.4 GHz, non-Bluetooth) keyboard/mouse?
3. Is it now possible to return to the last power state after power loss? Or to the "ON" state at least? (I remember, it was possible on legacy firmware, thanks to Matt).

Thank you in advance.

1) that's normal - only the Dell and Acer models blink while in suspend, the earlier Asus/HP ones don't
2) you can power on from suspend (S3) using IR or BT remote, but not from cold off (S5)
3) it will return to last state when power lost, but if in S3 then it will stay off (since it can't go back to S3).  I've had a few people request that the box power on whenever power is connected, so I do a custom firmware mod for that, but the default is as I described before.
(2017-11-13, 17:45)Matt Devo Wrote: 2) you can power on from suspend (S3) using IR or BT remote, but not from cold off (S5)
3) it will return to last state when power lost, but if in S3 then it will stay off (since it can't go back to S3).  I've had a few people request that the box power on whenever power is connected, so I do a custom firmware mod for that, but the default is as I described before. 
Thanks for quick reply.
Will look for an IR receiver then...
Hello guys,

When I run the ez-setup script in develpoer mode its says that its read only and can't modify anything. I already removed the write protection screw but it does not work.
After this I read that some devices need to scrape excessive material to remove write protection, but I don't know exactly what needs to be scraped.
Can you help me with this issue and tell me what part need to be scraped? I have asus chromebox m004u and It would be better if u show me on picture.

See the Picture of the error

Thanks
(2017-11-17, 10:10)MuSela Wrote: Hello guys,

When I run the ez-setup script in develpoer mode its says that its read only and can't modify anything. I already removed the write protection screw but it does not work.
After this I read that some devices need to scrape excessive material to remove write protection, but I don't know exactly what needs to be scraped.
Can you help me with this issue and tell me what part need to be scraped? I have asus chromebox m004u and It would be better if u show me on picture.

See the Picture of the error

Thanks
your error has nothing to do with the firmware write protection.  First, you added 'sudo bash' before the script command, which changed you to the root user, which put your home directory as /, which isn't writeable -- hence the read-only filesystem error.  Not sure why you did that, but don't.  Just login as chronos as run the script command *exactly as written.*  Second, you have a typo in the script command -- it's 'https' not 'hhtps.'
Good evening,
I have just successfully- by following your guide - installed LibreELEC (standalone installation) on my HP Cromebox. While configuring Kodi I ran into a weird problem: I tried to install a new skin and a weather and a subtitles service. Whenever I click on the Button "Get more", I am not prompted with a list of availabe addons but instead I am simply getting returned to the original screen where I clicked the "Get more" button. The internet connection on my Cromebox is working fine, so I am wondering what the problem might me.

Can anybody point me in the right direction ? Much appreciated !
(2017-11-19, 00:41)Blackthorne Wrote: Can anybody point me in the right direction ? Much appreciated !
 Sometimes the addons don't update properly on first boot, so you can either manually force an update (from My Addons) or just reboot and then retry changing skin, setting Weather provider, etc
Is the chromebox capable of playing a 2160p 4k x265 files without stuttering ? Do I need to do something so the stutter stops ?
(2017-11-19, 06:18)Netix Wrote: Is the chromebox capable of playing a 2160p 4k x265 files without stuttering ? Do I need to do something so the stutter stops ?
 no, as it doesn't have the capability to decode that in the GPU, it has to fall back to the CPU, which is inadequate to handle most HEVC decoding; at best it can handle 720p, some low-bitrate 1080p content perhaps.  But definitely not 4K HEVC (even my i7 Chromebox can't handle that)
(9 hours ago)Blackthorne Wrote: Can anybody point me in the right direction ? Much appreciated ! Sometimes the addons don't update properly on first boot, so you can either manually force an update (from My Addons) or just reboot and then retry changing skin, setting Weather provider, etc
Thanks very much Matt, that did the trick. The button "Get more" ist now working flawlessly.
  • 514(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37