• 64(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
Plea
Out of curiosity, has anyone tried to run XBMC natively under ChromeOS on ASUS? I read multiple posts indicating that it should be possible but was curious if anyone actually tried it.
Hello all

I have a problem during recover stock firmware

When I make step 5.3 Restoring the Stock Firmware

The I receive a message " Firmware file size doesn't match".

Whats the problem?
I want keep back my Chromebox in factory state for bring them back.

Thanks for all help.
(2014-08-07, 01:51)hman333 Wrote: Any trick to getting the PS3 remote working? I have turned on BT, put remote in discovery. it shows up on the list and I click connect, it asks me for a pin and I have tried 1234 and 0000 with no luck. If I choose trust and connect it freezes up the box

Thanks
It's working for me in OE 4.0.7. Only if i choose trust and connect

(2014-08-06, 18:06)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-08-06, 07:41)DocG Wrote: In case there should be any doubts...

And yes, it does work for me.

thanks for the pic

(2014-08-06, 15:58)MattBlacK85 Wrote: Hi,

I'm using the standalone setup of OpenElec, now i want to restore to stock. So i made a ChromiumOS USB stick as said in the wiki. But i'm not getting any boot menu to choose to boot the USB. Did try booting with ESC or CTRL-L and CTRL-U with no luck. Can anybody tell me to get to the boot menu? Thanks in advance

sounds like something is amiss with your ChromiumOS USB stick. You will only get the 'press ESC for boot menu' text when another bootable device is connected. CTRL-D/U are functions of the stock firmware; they have no effect on a standalone/coreboot setup
Thanks, i changed the USB and it worked! Got the boot menu.
(2014-08-07, 05:11)igjunk Wrote: Out of curiosity, has anyone tried to run XBMC natively under ChromeOS on ASUS? I read multiple posts indicating that it should be possible but was curious if anyone actually tried it.

the closest you can get is running it inside of another distro via Crouton.

(2014-08-07, 11:07)LOLO_90 Wrote: Hello all

Whats the problem?

Thanks for all help.

what size is your firmware file? It should be 8192kb. Also make sure you are using the correct file name / extension.
(2014-08-07, 11:07)LOLO_90 Wrote: Hello all

Whats the problem?

Thanks for all help.

what size is your firmware file? It should be 8192kb. Also make sure you are using the correct file name / extension.
[/quote]

Hello Matt Devo

Yes, I have the Backup from my Box wich is 8192kb and the "curl -L -o stock-firmware.bin https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9830...covery.bin"

on both I receive the message:

FAILD
Firmware doesn't match

What can I do?

To take the Openelec on the box was very easy.

I use XBMC on my Zotac and my Zenbook. Both work good but on the ASUS Chromebox it lags and have some bugs...and I think its noisy and consumes to much power.

I will test the new passiv Zotac ci320 but first I have to bring the Chromebox back.

Thanks for u help
4.1.3 has been released I see - hopefully it helps the hardware accel lockups.
Is it possible to power off the wifi and BT on the Asus Chromebox while running OpenELEC to reduce the power consumption or is it easier to just pull the card from it?
(2014-08-07, 17:41)LOLO_90 Wrote: Hello Matt Devo

Yes, I have the Backup from my Box wich is 8192kb and the "curl -L -o stock-firmware.bin https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9830...covery.bin"

on both I receive the message:

FAILD
Firmware doesn't match

What can I do?

To take the Openelec on the box was very easy.

I use XBMC on my Zotac and my Zenbook. Both work good but on the ASUS Chromebox it lags and have some bugs...and I think its noisy and consumes to much power.

I will test the new passiv Zotac ci320 but first I have to bring the Chromebox back.

Thanks for u help

you are attempting to flash these from a ChromiumOS USB stick? and are using the exact commands as posted in the wiki?

I'll test the backup firmware I posted shortly to ensure there's no issue with it (or the instructions)

EDIT: just verified both the backup/recovery firmware file and the instructions, no problems at all.

(2014-08-07, 20:46)jjslegacy Wrote: 4.1.3 has been released I see - hopefully it helps the hardware accel lockups.

4.1.3 includes a fix for bug https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=81447. Instead of a hard lockup or ~5s video pause, there's a 1 frame graphical glitch. Bug https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=78960 has not yet been resolved due to difficulty in reproducing it, but using the 'Use SW filter for VAAPI' setting as described in the wiki mitigates it, so it's not really an issue.

(2014-08-07, 21:00)Stereodude Wrote: Is it possible to power off the wifi and BT on the Asus Chromebox while running OpenELEC to reduce the power consumption or is it easier to just pull the card from it?

OpenELEC allows you to disable both wifi and BT, but I'm unsure if this reduces power consumption, or if it does, how significantly. I'd think the power draw of those is small relative to the CPU/GPU and your display.
Hi,

got my HP Chromebox today, installed Openelec with the script and nearly everything works fine.

But I have one problem pairing my PS3 BD Remote: If I click on "Trust and connect" the box freezes or I get the message "Bluetooth Error - Host is down". Tried with Openelec 4.12 and 4.13.
(2014-08-07, 21:54)reap705 Wrote: Hi,

got my HP Chromebox today, installed Openelec with the script and nearly everything works fine.

But I have one problem pairing my PS3 BD Remote: If I click on "Trust and connect" the box freezes or I get the message "Bluetooth Error - Host is down". Tried with Openelec 4.12 and 4.13.

cmon man, it's listed above as a known issue -- on the same page as this post.
(2014-08-07, 22:00)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-08-07, 21:54)reap705 Wrote: Hi,

cmon man, it's listed above as a known issue -- on the same page as this post.

Has anyone posted logs and reported the bug to the OpenElec guys?
(2014-08-07, 22:25)noggin Wrote: Has anyone posted logs and reported the bug to the OpenElec guys?

yes, I was chatting with them on IRC about it a few days ago when it first came to light
@matt Devo

Thanks dude.

After the manual changed it works.

I don't know whts different but it works and thats all I need to know.

whats you opinion:

Chromebox or Zotac CI320?

Thanks
I still got this bug https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=81447
Also with 4.1.3. Anybody else?
  • 64(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37