• 128(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2014-11-19, 15:49)hdmkv Wrote: I believe you can connect Harmony Touch directly to your Chromebox via Bluetooth.

I don't have the Hub just the remote.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2014-11-18, 23:44)t2ffn Wrote: Used this script to set up OpenELEC on a new HP Chromebox tonight. Flawless installation, you're a credit to the forum Matt. Everything seems very snappy and now I have HD audio!!

Anyone know if there's a software edit to reduce the brightness of the power on LED? I would apply a 'LightDim' but as the HP is white, it wouldn't quite look right with a dark circle stuck over the LED.

Edit: Just seen they do lightdims in white.

I haven't found a way to control the LED brightness in firmware, I just slapped a lightdim on it Smile

(2014-11-19, 15:44)movie78 Wrote:
(2014-11-19, 07:42)Matt Devo Wrote: that's not exactly useful info to diagnose the issue. Make/model? is it on the list of working/non-working models on the wiki? output of 'lsusb -v | pastebinit' and 'dmesg | pastebinit' ?

This the remote i use Azend Group MediaGate GP-IR02BK Windows Vista Home Premium and Windows Vista Ultimate MCE Remote Control.

http://www.amazon.com/Azend-MediaGate-GP...B000W5GK5C

I am using the USB IR with my Harmony Touch.

you didn't provide the output of the two commands I asked for, which are a necessary first step to determining why your IR receiver isn't working, assuming it is the receiver and not your Harmony config - what config are you using?
(2014-11-19, 17:52)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-11-18, 23:44)t2ffn Wrote: Used this script to set up OpenELEC on a new HP Chromebox tonight. Flawless installation, you're a credit to the forum Matt. Everything seems very snappy and now I have HD audio!!

Anyone know if there's a software edit to reduce the brightness of the power on LED? I would apply a 'LightDim' but as the HP is white, it wouldn't quite look right with a dark circle stuck over the LED.

Edit: Just seen they do lightdims in white.

I haven't found a way to control the LED brightness in firmware, I just slapped a lightdim on it Smile

(2014-11-19, 15:44)movie78 Wrote:
(2014-11-19, 07:42)Matt Devo Wrote: that's not exactly useful info to diagnose the issue. Make/model? is it on the list of working/non-working models on the wiki? output of 'lsusb -v | pastebinit' and 'dmesg | pastebinit' ?

This the remote i use Azend Group MediaGate GP-IR02BK Windows Vista Home Premium and Windows Vista Ultimate MCE Remote Control.

http://www.amazon.com/Azend-MediaGate-GP...B000W5GK5C

I am using the USB IR with my Harmony Touch.

you didn't provide the output of the two commands I asked for, which are a necessary first step to determining why your IR receiver isn't working, assuming it is the receiver and not your Harmony config - what config are you using?

Sorry but how do i get those files(output)
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
(2014-11-19, 18:20)movie78 Wrote:
(2014-11-19, 17:52)Matt Devo Wrote: you didn't provide the output of the two commands I asked for, which are a necessary first step to determining why your IR receiver isn't working, assuming it is the receiver and not your Harmony config - what config are you using?

ssh into the box, using Putty
run each command from terminal (excluding the single quotes)
post URL generated from each command
(2014-11-19, 18:54)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-11-19, 18:20)movie78 Wrote:
(2014-11-19, 17:52)Matt Devo Wrote: you didn't provide the output of the two commands I asked for, which are a necessary first step to determining why your IR receiver isn't working, assuming it is the receiver and not your Harmony config - what config are you using?

ssh into the box, using Putty
run each command from terminal (excluding the single quotes)
post URL generated from each command

I guess these are the commands i need to type in putty :
lsusb -v | pastebinit
dmesg | pastebinit
Correct
(2014-11-19, 19:09)Matt Devo Wrote: Correct

Will post URL tonight.

Thanks!
Hi Matt,
First of all thank you so much for this script and your level of support in this community is above and beyond! If only the big corporate companies had your level of support. I have gone through this entire thread and did see your paypal address but I can't remember what page. Please could you remind me so I can send you some beer money as a thank you.

I installed the script fine, everything seems to be working ok apart from a stutter on only one format so far. The only issue I'm having is with DTS-MA (DTS-HD). On the audio page I have 3 options for audio seen below and the result:

1. SDY Intel = Surround Sound works great but no options for DTS-HD
2. Hdmi #1 = No sound but does give options for DTS-HD
3. Hdmi #2 = No sound but does give options for DTS-HD

My receiver (a home theatre all in one) does support DTS-HD but it has no lights to show what format is currently playing. I am using pass through on SDY Intel device but I have no idea if the sound that is being sent to my receiver is in fact DTS-HD. The files I play have DTS-MA on the status screen when playing although sometimes the bitrate looks like DTS core. Any ideas if my install is bugged or do you know any way I can get DTS-HD working (if it isn't already). I can provide photos of the screen if needed.

edit: sorry forgot to mention I'm using the HP chromebox with 2GB RAM. Also version 4.21 of Openelec.

Thanks to anyone that can help :-)
I'm puzzled by your list of audio devices, as I've never seen anything like 'SDY Intel' - here's what I'm looking at:

as you can see, the connected HDMI shows the name of the connected display/device, as reported by its EDID data. For the passthrough options, I have the same list, but without the analog option.

my email is shown on the first screenshot of the OP. Beer is always appreciated Smile
I need some help. Trying to set-up a HP Chromebox with standalone XBMC... I got through dev mode, disabling write-protect, then running script... step 5, then 6. After OpenELEC downloaded and completed, the HP rebooted and I'm stuck at "Booting from Hard Disk..." message. Tried turning off and rebooting and immediately hitting ESC key, but no luck. Any advice?

Never mind... figured it out. There must have been a bad download or write to USB for OpenELEC off the web, so I went to another PC and manually downloaded OpenELEC and created a bootdisk, then inserted into HP, and rebooted... worked this time. Smile
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2014-11-20, 02:17)Matt Devo Wrote: I'm puzzled by your list of audio devices, as I've never seen anything like 'SDY Intel' - here's what I'm looking at:

as you can see, the connected HDMI shows the name of the connected display/device, as reported by its EDID data. For the passthrough options, I have the same list, but without the analog option.

my email is shown on the first screenshot of the OP. Beer is always appreciated Smile

Thanks Matt, some beer money on the way to you in the next 30 mins!

You're right.. it shows SNY not SDY sorry which I guess is my Sony all in one. For some reason though DTS-HD and True HD are missing off the list. Any ideas?

(2014-11-20, 03:59)pugger Wrote: Thanks Matt, some beer money on the way to you in the next 30 mins!

You're right.. it shows SNY not SDY sorry which I guess is my Sony all in one. For some reason though DTS-HD and True HD are missing off the list. Any ideas?

I'm not 100% sure (as I don't have a HDMI-capable receiver myself), but I'd speculate that your Sony receiver is not reporting that it's DTS-HD-MA/Dolby THD capable, or possibly not reporting that it's capable of 192KHz audio. I'd hop on the OpenELEC IRC channel and ask there for help

I also notice that some of your other audio settings do not appear to be the defaults, you might try resetting to defaults and see if that helps
Hi Matt,
OK I checked the manual after what you said... Can you believe the receiver does support DTS-MA and True HD but not over HDMI :-( It only supports these formats over Blue ray Disc. Sooner I sell the POS the better :-) thanks for the help though and I look forward to using the script on a second HP chromebox I'll get in the not too distant future.

Enjoy your beer! :-)
that's beyond stupid, but at least you have an answer. Unless you have very revealing speakers, I'd think the difference between DTS (core) and DTS-HD-MA would be pretty minimal, esp without an A/B comparison
hi mat.help!!! im installing standalone openelec, and i have done stage 5, swapped usb drives, started stage 6 and it got to 75% and then the text dissapeared from my screan, and the screen is not getting a signal, as it telling me to connect a device. my usb stick is still flashing, and the power light is still on. is this normal, and i just have to wait?
  • 128(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37