• 136(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2014-11-24, 13:17)movie78 Wrote: So yes or no.
I just want a confirmation from someone here with this device.

we're not here to spoon-feed you; both devices are listed on the wiki, and, as I previously demonstrated, a simple google search shows the two working together without issue. Furthermore, this isn't the "I have a ChromeBox and have a question/problem" thread, it's specifically for issues surrounding setup/installation on a ChromeBox using my script.
(2014-11-24, 16:57)hdmkv Wrote: Just ordered one today to try out (and compare with Ortek, which I've been using). It's just $14.95 on Amazon today.

Damn that's a hell of a deal. The Flirc almost works perfectly with XBMC using the harmony remote out of the box. Some of the buttons are mismapped in the default flirc xbmc profile- but that technically could be fixed by setting the remote to something like a Panasonic TV and mapping the buttons manually using the Flirc gui (but this is not a place for that type of discussion in this thread).

See my post at the bottom of the thread to get suspend working with the default harmony flirc profile:

http://forum.flirc.tv/index.php?/topic/1...e-updated/
(2014-11-24, 16:57)hdmkv Wrote: Just ordered one today to try out (and compare with Ortek, which I've been using). It's just $14.95 on Amazon today.

Just bought one too.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Just read Flirc's Twitter feed... they're hinting at a new product soon. Bluetooth dongle maybe? May be better to wait for that and see if controlling Chromebox via BT may be better.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2014-11-24, 17:52)hdmkv Wrote: Just read Flirc's Twitter feed... they're hinting at a new product soon. Bluetooth dongle maybe? May be better to wait for that and see if controlling Chromebox via BT may be better.

not sure why it would be necessary, as the ChromeBox already has BT built-in
Great that it will work with my Harmony Bluetooth Hub... Getting more exciting each day. Tomorrow it will arrive. My HP Box.

Could nothing find on the RII I28 keyboard... Let's hope it will work.

And another question. On Android boxes it's not recommended to set 0 cache due Emmc memory. Where there be more wear of internal memory.

Is this no problem for the OE Chromebox setup?
(2014-11-24, 17:52)hdmkv Wrote: Just read Flirc's Twitter feed... they're hinting at a new product soon. Bluetooth dongle maybe? May be better to wait for that and see if controlling Chromebox via BT may be better.

I think i will stick with IR.

Since myHarmony Touch doesn't have the Hub($99)
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2014-11-24, 18:16)Matt Devo Wrote:

not sure why it would be necessary, as the ChromeBox already has BT built-in
Doh! You're right, didn't think of that.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2014-11-24, 18:34)wackid Wrote: Great that it will work with my Harmony Bluetooth Hub... Getting more exciting each day. Tomorrow it will arrive. My HP Box.

Could nothing find on the RII I28 keyboard... Let's hope it will work.

And another question. On Android boxes it's not recommended to set 0 cache due Emmc memory. Where there be more wear of internal memory.

Is this no problem for the OE Chromebox setup?

if the RII presents itself as a standard HID device, no reason it shouldn't work

I've seen nothing to suggest that the SSD in the ChromeBox requires any special handling.
Asus chromebox reduced to £150 at Amazon for those in the UK interested.
My Rii even works to enter the bios on boot on the machine it is attached to (not a chromebox). So it presents as a pretty standard keyboard to the system.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-11-24, 22:55)Mark142 Wrote: Asus chromebox reduced to £150 at Amazon for those in the UK interested.

this model is the M031U is this just the preferred one but comes with keyboard and mouse?
I think that one also has 4Gb of ram.
Duplicate, please delete me.
What's the difference between M031U and M060U?
  • 136(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37