• 202(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2015-01-11, 06:08)tpat Wrote: I'm stuck here it says booting from hard disk.. It happened afterPress 6 to create the OpenELEC install media on the 2nd Jump Drive.

Reboot
Press the Escape key [ESC]at the boot menu and then select the Jump Drive from the list to install OpenELEC
Pressing Escape more than once will skip the boot menu forcing the ChromeBox to attempt to boot from the hard disk (instead of the Jump Drive).

Please help!!. Unsure what to do next?

Read posts 3003 and 3004. They are on the same page you posted on, you didn't even have to go back a page.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
So what are you "stuck" on? Just power off/on and press ESC as directed
I tried that. when I power the chromebox off and on, the screen asks to press esc for boot menu. I press it once and then it goes to booting from hard disk...
sounds like your keyboard isn't being recognized, and it's just booting from the hard disk after the timeout (5s). So, as per the wiki, try using another keyboard.
Wrong place my apologies.

Thanks
Does Openelec 5.0 kodi fixed the freezing issue?
I am Openelec 4.2.1 and i am having freezing issue.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
There are 1000 different freezing Issues out there and that isn't the right Thread for this Question.
| myHTPC |
Thumbs Up 
Just wanted to give a thumbs up for the great work!

I´m still on 2.20 (I think) and it just works flawlessly!
The device is incredibly stable Big Grin

I might update to 3.8 in the weekend, just because it's possible Tongue
Hi:

I'm going to install my chrome box mu004U.

Before I start I have a doubt about the user data folder.

Should I use an sd card to put the userdata folder? In my old xios it was the recommended setup...

My current setup includes a mysql database. In the advanced setting file I'm using special folder for thumbnails and for sources.xml (point to the disk where the videos are).

Thanks.
No, you don't need an SD card.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I have openelec 5.0.0 installed on asus chromebox. I want to remove openelec and instal kodibuntu but i'm having some trouble.

I first updated the coreboot firmware as instructed on page 1 using ssh:
curl -L -O http://goo.gl/HSZer4
bash HSZer4

I now tried to run the script again using ssh by typing:
curl -L -O http://goo.gl/3Tfu5W
sudo bash 3Tfu5W

And i'm getting:
line 37: syntax error: unexpected "("

What should i do?
If you have already installed OpenElec in standalone mode then you can simply install KodiBuntu from a USB install disk from the SeaBIOS boot menu (hit ESC on boot-up). No need to run any scripts.
(2015-01-11, 08:55)Matt Devo Wrote: sounds like your keyboard isn't being recognized, and it's just booting from the hard disk after the timeout (5s). So, as per the wiki, try using another keyboard.

Thank you Matt.. you are right the Keyboard wasn't being recognized.
just when i decided to get a pi i came across this thread.
after spending the last 3 days reading, a chrome box sounds like the perfect fit for me.
it is a bit more money than i planed but should be worth it.

i only plan to run kodi and a web browser (firefox preferably) on the box. we subscribe to hrtv.com so a web browser is a must.

this will replace my 2009 mac mini as my primary kodi system.

based on my research this is my plan forward:

hp Chrome box or asus chrome box with 4gigs ram which ever is on sale when ready to buy.

run kodibuntu as single boot

use my iPhone app as a remote using ubuntu VNC server. we have used this for the past 2 years on my mac mini and my wife is finally comfortable with it. no need to change i think?

i plan to use my mac mini as a a media server. i still have some reading to do here but MySQL sounds like the way to go.

the mac will also be used to record OTA tv with the eyetv HD we have and serve the recordings to the eyetv parser add-on in kodi. we never watch live so i think this will work for us.

how does this sound to you? am i on the right track?
any further recommendations and corrections would be greatly appreciated.

thank you Matt Devo and everyone else for the amazing info here. i would not even attempt this with out your generous guidance.

thanks again
(2015-01-11, 23:00)-DDD- Wrote: There are 1000 different freezing Issues out there and that isn't the right Thread for this Question.

I think this is the right place for this question.
I know i can go to the OpenElec forum and ask this question,but i don't see anybody having these issue out there.
This is a problem related with chromebox and OpecElec.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
  • 202(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37