• 217(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2015-01-30, 15:06)Tabulous Wrote: Hi One and All,
let me say great job :-)

right onto my issue, got a new chromebox, installed openelec in dual boot and setup the boot sequence to 30secs and then boot to openelec.

The issue i have i that to get to boot chromeOS one needs to [CTRL D] but normally for these type of setups you would use a wireless keypad, and it seems my mines will not send this.

What do others do here ?

they use a keyboard that's known to work. There's another thread on this forum where someone has compiled a list of keyboards that work, and it's linked from the wiki

(2015-01-30, 17:24)leo5111 Wrote: im confused i WAS running dual boot ubuntu/chome but i decided just to go straight open elec chose 1 it downloaded the open elec went to install said something about out of space then finished upon reboot open elec is not there

from the OP:

Quote:Note: if you previously installed Ubuntu in a dual boot setup, you will need to reset the Boot Options (to ChromeOS + 30s timeout), and then perform a factory reset before installing OpenELEC in a dual boot configuration.
ok im running recovery now, i have to run the script 2 times like a first install again correct?
(2015-01-30, 18:10)leo5111 Wrote: ok im running recovery now, i have to run the script 2 times like a first install again correct?

yes, you're essentially starting over.
Hi Matt,

Quick question - have you been able to get the ACPI tables from the HP Stream Mini yet?
Current: Nvidia Shield TV (2nd Gen)
Retired: Asus M004u Chromebox - LibreELEC 7.0.1 | Raspberry Pi 2 - OpenELEC 6.0.3 | Apple TV w/ BCM70015 - CrystalBuntu 2.0 | Raspberry Pi - Model B - OpenElec Kodi 15
(2015-01-30, 18:33)xi_Slick_ix Wrote: Hi Matt,

Quick question - have you been able to get the ACPI tables from the HP Stream Mini yet?

stereodude just provided me some from the Zotac BI320, so now I get to learn how ACPI works. Wouldn't expect a fix overnight Smile
Thanks Matt,

For the Windows fan fix.
(2015-01-28, 17:51)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-01-28, 08:32)babyboy84 Wrote: Hi Matt
First i want to thank you for what you did .I installed successfully duall boot for my Asus chrome box Intel I3 and kodi they plays all my mov files without a hipcup. However i have a problem which i need help from you to find a solution for it.

Im currently connecting chromebox to my denon 3312i receiver --> my projector. The problem is everytime i turn on chrome box, the video keeps flickering so many time and then it is off completely( it happens in both Chrome OS and openelec).I have to turn off my receiver and then turn it on again but the same problem will be back in couple minutes later. I don't have this problem if i use blu ray player instead of chrome box. I just did factory reset ( back to factory firmware ) and the problem was gone. No more flickering screen and the video output is stable. I know you created your own firmware and put it in your script so i just want to ask you if you have any clue how to fix this problem?

Thank you

when did you do the dual boot setup? It possible the issue was caused by a configuration option set for the video BIOS, which in the latest version of the script has been reverted to the stock config (meaning, the video output behavior now should be consistent with the stock firmware)

Thanks Matt, problem was solved.Reinstalled script V3.09 and everything now is nice and stable.I am wondering if i should upgrade to 3.10 or not?

Thank you
(2015-01-30, 23:03)babyboy84 Wrote:
(2015-01-28, 08:32)babyboy84 Wrote: Hi Matt
First i want to thank you for what you did .I installed successfully duall boot for my Asus chrome box Intel I3 and kodi they plays all my mov files without a hipcup. However i have a problem which i need help from you to find a solution for it.

Im currently connecting chromebox to my denon 3312i receiver --> my projector. The problem is everytime i turn on chrome box, the video keeps flickering so many time and then it is off completely( it happens in both Chrome OS and openelec).I have to turn off my receiver and then turn it on again but the same problem will be back in couple minutes later. I don't have this problem if i use blu ray player instead of chrome box. I just did factory reset ( back to factory firmware ) and the problem was gone. No more flickering screen and the video output is stable. I know you created your own firmware and put it in your script so i just want to ask you if you have any clue how to fix this problem?

Thank you

Thanks Matt, problem was solved.Reinstalled script V3.09 and everything now is nice and stable.I am wondering if i should upgrade to 3.10 or not?

Thank you

the firmware in 3.10 uses the same VGA BIOS config as 3.09, just a newer version. I'd appreciate it if you would test it, and I'll provide you a mechanism to roll back if it doesn't work out
ok, thanks do i need to update my firmware/kernal again? i updated it like a week ago when you said it needed to be done for the video hang glitch
(2015-01-31, 00:52)leo5111 Wrote: ok, thanks do i need to update my firmware/kernal again? i updated it like a week ago when you said it needed to be done for the video hang glitch

no, with OpenELEC you can't update the kernel or drivers separate from the OS itself. The firmware and kernel are completely unrelated.
Thanks for the frequent updates Matt, my ASUS updated without an issue...now to catch up on this weeks TV!
Quote:the firmware in 3.10 uses the same VGA BIOS config as 3.09, just a newer version. I'd appreciate it if you would test it, and I'll provide you a mechanism to roll back if it doesn't work out

I said too early, problem was back tonight. I will try to flash 3.1 tomorrow and see how it turns out.
Hello,

I have installed openelec on my HP chromebox following this tuto and it work perfectly except the remote control.

I have tested Logitech K400 (wireless keyboard/mouse) remote control for kodi, it run but it's not so usable.
In fact the keyboard and the mouse run but with a lot of latency and sometime some freeze, so it is not really usable.

It's not a problem of batteries because I already tried to change them

This same keyboard work perfectly on an android box with gotham release

Do you have some ideas ?
Hi I have installed openelec standalone and I when I run the openelec setup flash drive there is an option to update bios. Do I need to run this and is this how we update any fixes you have pushed? Thanks
(2015-01-30, 19:12)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-01-30, 18:33)xi_Slick_ix Wrote: Hi Matt,

stereodude just provided me some from the Zotac BI320, so now I get to learn how ACPI works. Wouldn't expect a fix overnight Smile

No overnight fixes expected! I was just curious how this was progressing. I won't lie, seeing the HP Stream Mini for $20 more than this Asus hurts a bit on the inside, lol.
Current: Nvidia Shield TV (2nd Gen)
Retired: Asus M004u Chromebox - LibreELEC 7.0.1 | Raspberry Pi 2 - OpenELEC 6.0.3 | Apple TV w/ BCM70015 - CrystalBuntu 2.0 | Raspberry Pi - Model B - OpenElec Kodi 15
  • 217(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37