• 283(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
Hi Guys,

Matt - thanks very much for your hard work and efforts. I've been mucking around with a HP Chromebox with a view to replacing my ATV2.

All was good, but today I went to update the BIOS and change the boot timings and it came up with the following error:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Checking if LEgacy BIO Needs updating

Unknown or unsupported device (Zako); cannot update Legacy BIOS

Any ideas?
Hi,

Thanks for replying, but i tried, i don't seems to able to get anyway, both CTRL-D and CTRL-L i am still booting into the black screen. I tried ECS as well thinking want to boot through USB but can't

P/S : I am thinking about keyboard issue, i am not sure as i am able to use the keyboard in the SSH (running your script) and Ctrl D to boot into developer mode at the recovery screen
Hi, I have got a Asus Chromebox. Did the prep.

Ran the script, and selected 1 for dualboot chromeos and openelec. This error keeps throwing up and drops me back to main menu.

./cbox-functions.sh : line xxx : chrOpenElec : command not found.

The error shows really quickly, this is what I saw. I tried ubuntu dualboot, same error but with chrUbuntu. Tried updating seabios, says my version is not supported (panther)

Any idea what is going on?
(2015-04-28, 10:15)perrm Wrote: Hi Guys,

Matt - thanks very much for your hard work and efforts. I've been mucking around with a HP Chromebox with a view to replacing my ATV2.

All was good, but today I went to update the BIOS and change the boot timings and it came up with the following error:

Checking if LEgacy BIO Needs updating

Unknown or unsupported device (Zako); cannot update Legacy BIOS

Any ideas?
(2015-04-28, 14:43)lenk Wrote: Hi, I have got a Asus Chromebox. Did the prep.

Ran the script, and selected 1 for dualboot chromeos and openelec. This error keeps throwing up and drops me back to main menu.

./cbox-functions.sh : line xxx : chrOpenElec : command not found.

The error shows really quickly, this is what I saw. I tried ubuntu dualboot, same error but with chrUbuntu. Tried updating seabios, says my version is not supported (panther)

Any idea what is going on?

twas a dropbox sync error, should be fixed now

(2015-04-28, 10:16)MrVoon Wrote: Hi,

Thanks for replying, but i tried, i don't seems to able to get anyway, both CTRL-D and CTRL-L i am still booting into the black screen. I tried ECS as well thinking want to boot through USB but can't

P/S : I am thinking about keyboard issue, i am not sure as i am able to use the keyboard in the SSH (running your script) and Ctrl D to boot into developer mode at the recovery screen

since you say the keyboard worked prior for getting into developer mode, then you're not hitting CTRL-D early enough (might need to do it before the screen turns on, depending on how long your display takes to sync). CTRL-L takes you exactly where you are (legacy boot) and ESC will do nothing since the stock legacy BIOS is broken and doesn't recognize keyboard input. Just power on and immediately hit CTRL-D repeatedly and you should get it.
Thanks Matt, script works now.

I got another error.

Did the repartition, rebooted. rerun script. Choose 1 again.

after downloading syslinux, I get

/tmp/system/ is device /dev/sda6
mount /dev/sda2 is already mounted or /tmp/boot busy
/dev/sda2 is already mounted on /tmp/boot

Error: failed to mount boot partition; reboot and try again.

Rebooted and tried again. No Luck.
ok, should be fixed.
More Errors now.

rm 3Tfu5W
curl again.
rerun script.

./cbox-functions.sh: line 883: /tmp/boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg : no such file or directory
cp: cannot create regular file '/tmp/boot/syslinux/chain.c32: no such file or directory
cp: cannot create regular file '/tmp/boot/syslinux/libcom32.c32: no such file or directory
cp: cannot create regular file '/tmp/boot/syslinux/libutil32.c32: no such file or directory

syslinux.mnt.146640/syslinux/ldlinux.sys: no such file or directory

Error: reboot and try again
Bah, ok, will have to fix when I'm back home later and can test it. Sorry about that
No Problem.
This error occurred with both options on page 1 of this tutorial:

I"m getting the message

Syslinux bootloader downloaded and installed

--2015-04-28 12:12:04-- http://.tar/
Resolving .tar... failed: Unknown host.
wget: unable to resolve host address '.tar'
"Failed to download OE; trying dropbox mirror"

followed by another failed attempt with a 404 not found when awaiting response from dropbox.

Error: Failed to download OpenELEC; check your Internet connection and try again
See above, apparently I broke the dual boot stuff. Will get it sorted later today
(2015-04-27, 21:40)Roby77 Wrote: Just for info If i try to use : (putty using openelec root)

curl -L -O http://goo.gl/HSZer4
bash HSZer4ù

i get:

OpenELEC:~ # curl -L -O http://goo.gl/HSZer4
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
100 260 0 260 0 0 4014 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 4062
curl: (77) error setting certificate verify locations:
CAfile: /etc/ssl/cacert.pem
CApath: none

and if i continue

Checking if update available...

Error downloading firmware version information; cannot proceed.

same if i try curl -L -O https://db.tt/vUPL3OrH
sudo bash vUPL3OrH

same using android or windows.

Working fine, here, too...

Code:
tony@mars Tue Apr 28 11:42 AM
/home/tony> curl -L -O http://goo.gl/HSZer4
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100   260    0   260    0     0   1982      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--  2000
  0     0    0   383    0     0    620      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--   620
100  5341  100  5341    0     0   5773      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 19212
tony@mars Tue Apr 28 11:42 AM
/home/tony>
(2015-04-28, 18:36)Matt Devo Wrote: See above, apparently I broke the dual boot stuff. Will get it sorted later today

Oh no, broken!

Thanks for the response. I will look forward to the fix. Been excited to get this up and running.
(2015-04-28, 18:53)Living Legend Wrote: Oh no, broken!

Thanks for the response. I will look forward to the fix. Been excited to get this up and running.

I'm re-verifying Ubuntu dual-boot now, OE is verified and should be fine. Sorry for the inconvenience
Hi guys,

i am currently comming of a Android Orbsmart S82 Amlogic S802 Box...
i was thinking bout switching to a google nexus player but now i read that a chromebox gives a very nice kodi expirience and so i guess i wanted to try this instead.

It is important to say that i have no linux expirience at all but still just orderd an asus chromebox.
I hope you guys will help me get through the setup... I want to use it as a singleboot straight to kodi machine.... any easy tuts would be helpfull.

Greetz from Germany and thanks in advance for any help
  • 283(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37