• 284(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2015-04-28, 22:49)busta.rhymes Wrote: Hi guys,

i am currently comming of a Android Orbsmart S82 Amlogic S802 Box...
i was thinking bout switching to a google nexus player but now i read that a chromebox gives a very nice kodi expirience and so i guess i wanted to try this instead.

It is important to say that i have no linux expirience at all but still just orderd an asus chromebox.
I hope you guys will help me get through the setup... I want to use it as a singleboot straight to kodi machine.... any easy tuts would be helpfull.

Greetz from Germany and thanks in advance for any help

just follow the steps in the first post for a standalone OpenELEC setup and you'll be all set. very easy and straightforward
ok thanks i will try to get through with the first page post... Chromebox is ariving Thursday Tongue

I hope that i will actually have some improvements over the android version with the s802 box. I hope to notice a more Powerful expirience while streaming of my nas.
And hope to have less bugs and things like that. I also hope that auto frameswitching and things like that work... wich also worked on my rooted android box. Also looking forward to HD Audio formats working and a Gigabit Ethernet Port Big Grin
Any thoughts to my wishes would be nice from you guys... can you already provide knowlege?

In the android version i had to set the buffer size wich should be bufferd into the ram to 300MB so that i dont get buffering from my nas.
Is something like that also requiered in the openelec or chromebox version? Huh
with OpenELEC, the only tweaks needed post-install are listed in the wiki.
(2015-04-28, 23:03)Matt Devo Wrote: with OpenELEC, the only tweaks needed post-install are listed in the wiki.

Sounds awesome Big Grin Cant wait!
(2015-04-28, 21:30)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-04-28, 18:53)Living Legend Wrote: Oh no, broken!

Thanks for the response. I will look forward to the fix. Been excited to get this up and running.

I'm re-verifying Ubuntu dual-boot now, OE is verified and should be fine. Sorry for the inconvenience

I can second that the OE is download is not getting caught up where it was before. I am mid download, but it appears to be good to go.

As always, thank you for the time you spend towards this project. It is appreciated immensely by the community.
(2015-04-28, 18:53)Living Legend Wrote: As always, thank you for the time you spend towards this project. It is appreciated immensely by the community.

I Agree, Matt may i donate you a couple of beer ? Blush
PayPal to my email listed at the top of the script is always appreciated
Matt,

Really incredible stuff. I upgraded from the ATV2 to the Chromebox and your stuff works really well. I do have a couple of questions that a search did not find.

1. I was able to pair my PS3 remote control perfectly in the OpenElec/Kodi standalone install, no dongle, no editing files. I decided to play with KodiBuntu and no love for the remote. If the hardware has BT, and the OpenElec is Linux, why no support for the remote in KodiBuntu?

2. My reason for trying KodiBuntu was to try to move all my SABNZBd and Sickbeard to the little box. Is this possible with the OpenElec/Kodi system? I guess I am asking if it is possible to have the same functionality of dropping to a Linux interface/desktop, doing all the Sabnzbd/Sickbeard setups, then going back to a boot into KODI setup, retaining all the SAB/SB workings? I can do it in KodiBuntu, but not having the PS3 remote is a pain.

Thanks again for the software, they are really incredible,
Michael
Ps3 remote is possible in kodibuntu, but you need to build the bt stack yourself and apt-get a suitable BT gui tool (if you don't want to pair the remote with command line tools) My ps3 remote works across reboots and sleeps after 30 seconds, has never failed me. I don't even remember exactly how I did it, it "just works" and the batteries last forever. But i briefly remember that the wiki is a bit outdated and I had to manually edit several files. You should do a search in the forums and read the wiki.
(2015-04-29, 00:15)Dynalmadman Wrote: Matt,

Really incredible stuff. I upgraded from the ATV2 to the Chromebox and your stuff works really well. I do have a couple of questions that a search did not find.

1. I was able to pair my PS3 remote control perfectly in the OpenElec/Kodi standalone install, no dongle, no editing files. I decided to play with KodiBuntu and no love for the remote. If the hardware has BT, and the OpenElec is Linux, why no support for the remote in KodiBuntu?

2. My reason for trying KodiBuntu was to try to move all my SABNZBd and Sickbeard to the little box. Is this possible with the OpenElec/Kodi system? I guess I am asking if it is possible to have the same functionality of dropping to a Linux interface/desktop, doing all the Sabnzbd/Sickbeard setups, then going back to a boot into KODI setup, retaining all the SAB/SB workings? I can do it in KodiBuntu, but not having the PS3 remote is a pain.

Thanks again for the software, they are really incredible,
Michael

1) as Soli noted, you have to do some work to get Bluetooth remotes working under Kodibuntu. I'm not sure if the process is documented anywhere - if so, I'm happy to link to it in the wiki.

2) I'd run OpenELEC and install the 'audo' add-on which incorporates those two programs.
I used these, but t was a few years ago and I don't know how current it is:

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Set_up_PS3_BD_Remote
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-04-28, 15:46)Matt Devo Wrote: twas a dropbox sync error, should be fixed now

sweet. Tried today and it all worked nicely. Thanks mate.
I purchased Rosewill RHRC-11002, most of the functions seem to work on remote except power button, it will turn unit off but it wont turn on, any ideas or is there settings I am missing.

Thank you
It will only power on from suspend, not full off.
(2015-04-12, 05:20)BBock727 Wrote: If anyone is interested in helping me troubleshoot please pm me. I am able to access the web interface from another pc but I am unable to get video output still for whatever reason.

I'm running into the same thing. I can manage it via SSH and Samba but cannot get video to display.
  • 284(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37