• 309(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2015-06-05, 00:13)dumb1 Wrote: Hello,
First post. I tried searching but can't seem to find any topics on my issue. Installed openelec and kodi on a Asus Chromebox in a dual boot configuration. Love the setup but out of nowhere I booted the Chromebox up and get this message. "Error in check_disks: could not repair filesystem, dropping to debugging shell, try to run fsck manually Starting debugging shell... type exit to quit ### can't access tty: job control turned off." Can someone please help me repair my openelec install? I do not know linux hence the username I chose. Weird thing is i can boot to Chrome OS with no problems so somethings has to be wrong with the Openelec partition. Also not sure if this is related or not but we did have a power surge a few nights ago I don't know if that is coincidence or what. I don't know how to run that fsck command either.

Please Help and TIA!

read the damn wiki. or search. better yet both.
(2015-06-05, 00:13)dumb1 Wrote: Hello,
First post. I tried searching but can't seem to find any topics on my issue. Installed openelec and kodi on a Asus Chromebox in a dual boot configuration. Love the setup but out of nowhere I booted the Chromebox up and get this message. "Error in check_disks: could not repair filesystem, dropping to debugging shell, try to run fsck manually Starting debugging shell... type exit to quit ### can't access tty: job control turned off." Can someone please help me repair my openelec install? I do not know linux hence the username I chose. Weird thing is i can boot to Chrome OS with no problems so somethings has to be wrong with the Openelec partition. Also not sure if this is related or not but we did have a power surge a few nights ago I don't know if that is coincidence or what. I don't know how to run that fsck command either.

Please Help and TIA!

From the wiki:

Quote:OpenELEC Fails to boot:

If the OS isn't shutdown cleanly, sometimes a filesystem check (fsck) will be automatically performed. In some cases, the automatic repair is unsuccessful, and an error will show:

***Error in check_disks: could not repair filesystem, dropping to debug shell, try to run 'fsck' manually: ***
### Starting debugging shell... type exit to quit ###
sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
#_

In this case, simply run fsck manually as instructed, using the following commands, hitting [enter] after each:

For a standalone setup:

fsck /dev/sda1
fsck /dev/sda2

For a dual-boot setup:

fsck /dev/sda6
fsck /dev/sda7

After the fsck is run, type 'reboot' then hit [enter] and the system should boot normally.
update 2015-06-04
------------------------------------------------------------------
- further improved dual boot / boot options menu
- tweaked fan speeds/temp thresholds for coreboot firmware for Haswell ChromeBoxes
- synchronized coreboot and SeaBIOS to latest upstream codebases
(2015-06-05, 03:08)Matt Devo Wrote: update 2015-06-04
- tweaked fan speeds/temp thresholds for coreboot firmware for Haswell ChromeBoxes

Do you think this could help my noise-problem?

There´s no possibility for user to change fan -settings with coreboot?
Odroid C2 running CoreElec
(2015-06-05, 13:04)BoxFreak Wrote:
(2015-06-05, 03:08)Matt Devo Wrote: update 2015-06-04

Do you think this could help my noise-problem?

There´s no possibility for user to change fan -settings with coreboot?

yes, it reduces the fan speed slightly in the 67-75°C range.

no firmware-level adjustments are possible. You can always override via a user-level application (eg, Speedfan under Windows), but I'm unaware of any that's available under OpenELEC
It sounds better now after updating firmware, thank you Matt!!
Odroid C2 running CoreElec
Hello Matt

I've succesfully installed OpenELEC on a USB (thank you for your work with that script) but, as you stated "The script will prompt you to select which version of OpenELEC to install (if a beta version is available), select the USB device on which to install OpenELEC, download/install the bootloader (onto the selected USB/SD), and download/install OpenELEC", I'm feeling curious about which bootloader is downloaded and installed onto USB?
(2015-06-06, 02:38)fvlserevere Wrote: I'm feeling curious about which bootloader is downloaded and installed onto USB?

syslinux 5.10, since the OpenELEC default (syslinux 6.0.x) doesn't play nicely with the stock firmware; it's the same as used for a dual boot OE setup.
(2015-06-06, 02:46)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-06-06, 02:38)fvlserevere Wrote: I'm feeling curious about which bootloader is downloaded and installed onto USB?

syslinux 5.10, since the OpenELEC default (syslinux 6.0.x) doesn't play nicely with the stock firmware; it's the same as used for a dual boot OE setup.

Thank you for your answer

My best regards
Whats the problem here?

Does anybody have a problem playing this file?

Click on the picture to Download
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2015-06-06, 11:53)magy77 Wrote: Whats the problem here?

OpenELEC broke something relating to curl/certificates in the 5.95.1 beta, it's fixed for the next release. If you're determined to update the firmware before then, boot a Linux live USB and run the update from there
(2015-06-06, 14:44)movie78 Wrote: Does anybody have a problem playing this file?

Click on the picture to Download
Plays fine here on OE 5.0.8
If anyone want to try a more recent build than beta 1 Here a build compiled by oe forum user illiac4 on 28.05

I'm using it without problems
here are also daily Builds available from Krautmaster: ftp://night.nerdcamp.net/openelec/master/x64/
German HowTo Source: http://www.computerbase.de/forum/showthr...p?t=882014
| myHTPC |
  • 309(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37