• 310(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
Thank you, please note to remove http in the ftp link
(2015-06-06, 23:55)Roby77 Wrote: Thank you, please note to remove http in the ftp link

it was an error in the forum software URL parsing, not his link
Ops my fault
Hello all,

I was working on installing Kodi on my Chromebox and I'm not sure exactly where I went wrong and I'm stuck.

Whenever the Chromebox starts up it shows:

"Seabios (version rel-1.8.1-13-g5ea9282-20150427-MattDevo)

Press ESC for boot menu.

Booting from Hard Disk..."

But it doesn't boot from the hard disk. I'm guessing I missed a step at some point, I'm just unsure of how to reverse it. Any help would be appreciated.
(2015-06-07, 18:03)ZHamburglar Wrote: Hello all,

I was working on installing Kodi on my Chromebox and I'm not sure exactly where I went wrong and I'm stuck.

Whenever the Chromebox starts up it shows:

"Seabios (version rel-1.8.1-13-g5ea9282-20150427-MattDevo)

Press ESC for boot menu.

Booting from Hard Disk..."

But it doesn't boot from the hard disk. I'm guessing I missed a step at some point, I'm just unsure of how to reverse it. Any help would be appreciated.

You're doing a standalone OpenELEC setup I'm guessing? You need to hit ESC, boot from USB, and install the OS
Ok so I installed Open ELEC standalone, version 5.0.8. Now I'm having problems getting the wireless to come up on it. Whenever the setup comes up it doesn't show any wireless devices available and whenever I make "Wireless Networks" set to active it doesn't have any further options as far as connecting to a wireless network. Am I missing a BIOS update or something those lines that is causing the built in wifi to not work?
(2015-06-08, 08:04)ZHamburglar Wrote: Ok so I installed Open ELEC standalone, version 5.0.8. Now I'm having problems getting the wireless to come up on it. Whenever the setup comes up it doesn't show any wireless devices available and whenever I make "Wireless Networks" set to active it doesn't have any further options as far as connecting to a wireless network. Am I missing a BIOS update or something those lines that is causing the built in wifi to not work?

in the OpenELEC add-on, network page, turn on wireless networking, then select your AP from the connections page. Not sure why it's disabled by default, but it's changed/fixed in 5.95.1
Is the Acer Chromebox the cheapest option right now at $129 or anyone knows of a better deal going on in the US? i need to get another one Smile
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
Stick with ASUS....get a "Like New" or "Very Good" from Amazon Warehouse.
I am having an issue.

When I first ran through and did the partition, I made it too small. About 6 if I remember correctly. I also couldn't see the command numbers and installed Dual Boot Ubunto and chrome instead of OpenElec/Chrome.

So I called Google Chromebox support and made a recovery usb and tried to get the chromebox back to square 1 and start over. Well that didn't work too well.

Question for anyone here: Can I start over somehow either by reinstalling with Chrome/Open Elec OR wiping the drive even though there is a partition?

Any help would be great. Thanks for reading.

I have an Asus Chromebox
(2015-06-09, 02:26)wallympls Wrote: I am having an issue.

When I first ran through and did the partition, I made it too small. About 6 if I remember correctly. I also couldn't see the command numbers and installed Dual Boot Ubunto and chrome instead of OpenElec/Chrome.

So I called Google Chromebox support and made a recovery usb and tried to get the chromebox back to square 1 and start over. Well that didn't work too well.

Question for anyone here: Can I start over somehow either by reinstalling with Chrome/Open Elec OR wiping the drive even though there is a partition?

Any help would be great. Thanks for reading.

I have an Asus Chromebox

using the recovery media to do a factory reset puts you back at square one, you can redo the dual boot setup with a larger partition after that. "Well that didn't work too well" doesn't tell us anything useful to help you troubleshoot the situation.
Thank you for the quick response. Here I thought it would be something like "easy dude do this". My fault and here is some details.

"So I called Google Chromebox support and made a recovery usb and tried to get the chromebox back to square 1 and start over. Well that didn't work too well."
What I meant was this did not work. The believe the drive is still partitioned and I am not at square 1 because I somehow still booted up Chrome and Kodi as a dual boot. It is like nothing happened.

Google Chromebox support said they couldn't help me when I told them I tried setting up the dual boot and recommended I goto a blog: http://blog.chromium.org/

So in order the reset my Chromebox initially the support at Google had me download the app in my chrome browser on my HP laptop. Using the serial number on a screen of the chromebox i downloaded the correct OS for my box. I set it up for the process of reinstalling on the box. It asked for the usb image. I put it in. A few mins later it said complete, pull out the usb and it will reboot.

I swear I had kodi on the other day after. So my question is: can I go back into the menu and select a different selection this time: Chrome/Open Elec and will it reformat the drive and set things up correctly? I figured it should be able to be corrected so I don't have to return the unit.

Thank you in advance
If you've done the factory reset, then running the script will allow you to redo the dual boot setup from the beginning
Can't boot into Kodi........

I have a dual boot Chromebox running Kodi and Chrome OS. By default I'm apparently booting to ChromeOS with a 1 second delay. My CTRL+L keystroke seems to be doing nothing on boot, and ChromeOS keeps coming up. At the ChromeOS login screen I try the CTRL+ALT+F2 keystroke to go into a command prompt and nothing happens. I can log into Chrome OS fine, so the keyboard is working at that point. I've tried multiple keyboards with no luck. I used to be able to boot into either side just fine. I'm about to lose it here. Any help?
(2015-06-09, 08:19)Digi8 Wrote: Can't boot into Kodi........

I have a dual boot Chromebox running Kodi and Chrome OS. By default I'm apparently booting to ChromeOS with a 1 second delay. My CTRL+L keystroke seems to be doing nothing on boot, and ChromeOS keeps coming up. At the ChromeOS login screen I try the CTRL+ALT+F2 keystroke to go into a command prompt and nothing happens. I can log into Chrome OS fine, so the keyboard is working at that point. I've tried multiple keyboards with no luck. I used to be able to boot into either side just fine. I'm about to lose it here. Any help?

assume you've tried another keyboard?
  • 310(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37