• 337(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2015-08-02, 02:44)Matt Devo Wrote: Manual update to OpenELEC 5.95.3, as per the wiki

Hi
Is this in relation to upgrading to the latest Kodi?

Im new to this so may need some assistance. My Box auto boots to Kodi and I currently have OpenElec version 5.0.8 and Kodi 14.2

Is OE 5.95.3 the latest version I need for Isengard Kodi?

I also want to get everything upgraded but I dont know how to do this with my machine booting straight to Kodi.
Hi Guys,

So I somehow messed up while setting up my Chrome Box into single Kodi boot. When I turn the device on it just says "Booting from Hard Disk" with Matts firmware at the top. So the correct firmware installed but Openelec did not. I've tried installing Openelec manually using multiple drives with no success. So now I'm at the point of trying to start the whole process over and reinstall Chrome OS. I've made a bootable installer using the Chrome OS app but when I boot from it it load quickly then the screen goes black??

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

EDIT: Finally got it working... Reinstalled Openelec on a new usb (this was my 6th attempt and 4th key)
(2015-08-03, 18:49)Prestonian Wrote:
(2015-08-02, 02:44)Matt Devo Wrote: Manual update to OpenELEC 5.95.3, as per the wiki

Hi
Is this in relation to upgrading to the latest Kodi?

Im new to this so may need some assistance. My Box auto boots to Kodi and I currently have OpenElec version 5.0.8 and Kodi 14.2

Is OE 5.95.3 the latest version I need for Isengard Kodi?

I also want to get everything upgraded but I dont know how to do this with my machine booting straight to Kodi.
Yes 5.95.3 is the latest. Matt has directed you to the wiki for instructions.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-08-02, 13:55)CpTHOOK Wrote: 2nd) For those thinking of using Flirc with an XBOX360 remote on ChromeBox. The WiKi recommended it; however, I was not successful setting it up as the IR reception was very dull between the two devices after mapping buttons rendering the remote unusable. I was able to use/setup THIS remote with Flirc of course with no issues. What's with my 360 remoteTongue

This isn't a Chromebox issue, it is a Flirc issue. My understanding is that the Xbox360 Media remote uses a protocol similar to the eHome remotes. Flirc does not work well with those types of remotes. I have also tried this, with poor results. I have heard that the Xbox360 Media remote can be made to work with an eHome compatible IR receiver, but I haven't had a chance to try that out yet. I believe that this combination is actually what the wiki recommends.
I cannot get Windows 10 loaded onto the Chromebox. I'm running the EZ Script and already have openELEC installed. I insert the USB stick with Windows 10 ISO on it, but I never get a "press esc to boot from usb" option. Rather, openELEC just boots automatically each time. My understanding is that this is an issue with the boot media. I'm using an ADATA 16GB USB3 stick, and I've created the stick using three different programs: Rufus, Windows 7 USB tool, and Windows 10 media creator tool. Nothing works. To test, I used the same USB stick to create an openELEC install stick, and that doesn't boot either.
Then use a different stick.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi,
Thanx to Matt for the awesome EZ Script !
I've got an Asus Chromebox and installed a standalone Kodibuntu on it (because I wanted to play on Steam Streamig).

All is well except waking up when in suspended mode.
I use a Logitech Harmony remote as a MCE remote controller : with it, I can do all the stuff including put the Chromebox in suspended mode.
But when sleeping I cannot waking it up, except from time to time (like 1 time over 10).

Any idea ? Thanx !
Does any know how to enable Boblight Ambilight with the Chromebox?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2015-08-05, 13:15)tetsuoshima Wrote: Hi,
I've got an Asus Chromebox and installed a standalone Kodibuntu on it (because I wanted to play on Steam Streamig).

I use a Logitech Harmony remote as a MCE remote controller : with it, I can do all the stuff including put the Chromebox in suspended mode.
But when sleeping I cannot waking it up, except from time to time (like 1 time over 10).

Any idea ? Thanx !

I think with Ubuntu you have to explicitly enable the USB ports to allow wake from resume. Google it or hit up the Ubuntu forums since it's not a Kodi issue.

(2015-08-05, 17:59)movie78 Wrote: Does any know how to enable Boblight Ambilight with the Chromebox?

isn't there a separate thread for this already? If not, create one (for whatever OS you are running) since it's unrelated to the script or Kod/OE installation (or the ChromeBox specifically)
(2015-08-05, 18:22)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-08-05, 13:15)tetsuoshima Wrote: Hi,

Any idea ? Thanx !

I think with Ubuntu you have to explicitly enable the USB ports to allow wake from resume. Google it or hit up the Ubuntu forums since it's not a Kodi issue.

(2015-08-05, 17:59)movie78 Wrote: Does any know how to enable Boblight Ambilight with the Chromebox?

isn't there a separate thread for this already? If not, create one (for whatever OS you are running) since it's unrelated to the script or Kod/OE installation (or the ChromeBox specifically)

Most the solution i found is for RasPi..

I am looking for a combination of RasPi or AdaFruit or just Standalone Chromebox.

I know this is not related to this thread,but this but thread is made for Chromebox user.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2015-08-05, 19:29)movie78 Wrote:
(2015-08-05, 18:22)Matt Devo Wrote:

Most the solution i found is for RasPi..

I am looking for a combination of RasPi or AdaFruit or just Standalone Chromebox.

I know this is not related to this thread,but this but thread is made for Chromebox user.

As per the OP, this thread is for setup issues related to my script, not "I have a Chromebox and need help with something." And here's the thread I was referring to on the same topic: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...=chromebox. But again, there's nothing unique about Boblight/Ambilight on a ChromeBox - it's the same as any x86 PC running OpenELEC (assuming that's what you're running), so asking the question in a more general way will get you more/better replies.
(2015-08-03, 00:19)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-08-02, 19:43)ggp759 Wrote: I did a hard reset of the chromebox through the menu. I am newbie and did not understand the second option. Problems:

1) When the box boots i get a "A job is running for OpenSSH server daemon" message. i have to wait 1:30 minutes for it to finish and then it boots normally. SSH options are at defaults.
2) In the Settings>Openelec>Networks my choice of using a wireless network is not remembered. Not the specific network i join. Just the option to use wireless networks. Every time i boot the box i have to go and manually select wireless networks and then it automatically connects to my router. The option wireless networks is deselected every time.

Can anyone please help? And can you tell me how to properly report this if its a bug? Did not happen on stable openelec builds. Just the latest betas that include Isengard.

Thanks again.

1) installer bug. System/OpenELEC/Services - select then deselect the option to not use a ssh password - this will restart the ssh server and generate the correct keys
2) System/OpenELEC/Network - select the option to wait to start Kodi until network up

Thank you very much. Unfortunately i was only able to fix the installer bug. Network problems as described in my previous post are still there. I chose "wait for network before starting kodi" but it does not change anything. No network upon boot and wireless or wired networks are not selected in openelec settings.Any ideas? This never happened with the stable release of openelec. Also something else. Sometimes after boot framerate defaults to 30 even if 60 was selected before shutdown and i have to manually change it again. Any help? Am up to the latest firmware from this thread.
Thanks a lot.
Do you have an Ethernet cable plugged in?
(2015-08-07, 10:41)nickr Wrote: Do you have an Ethernet cable plugged in?

No just wireless is working. 5Ghz band with Netgear R7000. Here is a log i uploaded with the network problem happening:

http://xbmclogs.com/pwtu4fzvs
Hi guys, so ive had my asus chromebox working for a bit now and i have noticed something strange. I am using the latest openelec beta.

I usualy keep my box in suspend mode. But lately it is randomly waking up, and i come to the livingroom and notice the box is on. Any idea on what it could b
  • 337(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37