• 339(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
Using standalone openelec option. Haven't had a single issue till last night. When I powered on my chromebox I get the kodi start screen and then it just sits there are and flashes the start screen endlessly.

Any ideas how to fix this problem? Should I just run the scout again?
Here is the pastebin of the suspend "problem" http://sprunge.us/KCRE
(2015-08-16, 19:44)waverz Wrote: Using standalone openelec option. Haven't had a single issue till last night. When I powered on my chromebox I get the kodi start screen and then it just sits there are and flashes the start screen endlessly.

Any ideas how to fix this problem? Should I just run the scout again?

see if you can retrieve the logs via SMB

(2015-08-16, 19:47)wackid Wrote: Here is the pastebin of the suspend "problem" http://sprunge.us/KCRE

that log tells me you're running a dual boot setup, so suspend/resume doesn't work -- this is listed on the wiki!
Looks like I am having DB problems.

Here is my journal log:

http://pastebin.com/uewzezXL

Would other logs be helpful?

How do I proceed from here?
(2015-07-27, 05:26)Matt Devo Wrote: Use a different keyboard to boot ChromeOS via CTRL-D, then run the script to change the boot delay -- that's pretty much your only option. A factory reset won't reset the portion of the firmware where the boot flags are set.

I hope I haven't ruined my Chromebox. Before I saw your suggestion to rerun the EZ script to change the boot delay I powered off and attempted a recovery (SD card, paper clip, power on). Removing the SD card started a reboot into SeaBIOS. Pressing ESC (using a wired keyboard) did not bring up the Boot Menu, but proceeded to:

Booting from Hard Disk...
early console in decompress_kernel
KASLR using RDRAND...

Decompressing Linux... Parsing ELF... Performing relocation... done.
Booting the kernel.
[ 0.257462][drm:i915_write32] *ERROR* Unknown unclaimed register before writing to a090
[ 0.983059] atkbd serio0: probe failed
[ 1.038335] atkbd serio1: probe failed
[ 1.136817] usb 1-4: string descriptor 0 malformed (err = -61), defaulting to 0x0409

The system hangs at this point.

What can I do to start over? BTW I could not exit developer mode by pressing the space bar after removing the SD card. Ctrl-D also did not boot ChromeOS, using a wired keyboard for both.
So I can cntrl-d but when I use curl I get:
loading curl... failed: No such file or directory

I get the same msg for both links.
(2015-08-16, 20:51)DnhE Wrote: I hope I haven't ruined my Chromebox. Before I saw your suggestion to rerun the EZ script to change the boot delay I powered off and attempted a recovery (SD card, paper clip, power on). Removing the SD card started a reboot into SeaBIOS. Pressing ESC (using a wired keyboard) did not bring up the Boot Menu, but proceeded to:

<snip>

What can I do to start over? BTW I could not exit developer mode by pressing the space bar after removing the SD card. Ctrl-D also did not boot ChromeOS, using a wired keyboard for both.

you need to boot ChromeOS via CTRL-D, so press it earlier/repeatedly and/or use a different keyboard. Then reset the boot options/flags to default using the script.

since you did a factory reset without setting the boot flags back first, the box is locked into developer mode with legacy boot default. SeaBIOS is non-functional since the factory reset reloaded the broken stock version. All you can do is boot ChromeOS and fix things from there.

(2015-08-16, 21:09)waverz Wrote: So I can cntrl-d but when I use curl I get:
loading curl... failed: No such file or directory

I get the same msg for both links.

you have a standalone setup with my custom firmware, CTRL-D does nothing for you other than confuse SeaBIOS. Either post on the OpenELEC forums/IRC channel for help, or (if you don't care about your config) you can just blow it all away and start fresh by booting an OpenELEC install USB (instructions for creating it are on their site) and reinstalling.
Hi Matt,

Which SSH software do u recommend to update to Kodi 15 from 14. I had used stand alone EZ Setup in past.

Thanks
Harry
Removed corrupt music db. All is well.
First of all: Thanks for the great work on this script.

I´ve installed Ubuntu as an standalone Os on my Asus Chromebox. I thank that was at least for a half year.
Since this time I haven´t got Sound over HDMI and I didn´t read in this forum during the last half year.
So my question is: Should I Update the firmware or still the problem exist in the new firmware?
Thanks for your help
(2015-08-16, 21:22)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-08-16, 20:51)DnhE Wrote: I hope I haven't ruined my Chromebox. Before I saw your suggestion to rerun the EZ script to change the boot delay I powered off and attempted a recovery (SD card, paper clip, power on). Removing the SD card started a reboot into SeaBIOS. Pressing ESC (using a wired keyboard) did not bring up the Boot Menu, but proceeded to:

<snip>

you need to boot ChromeOS via CTRL-D, so press it earlier/repeatedly and/or use a different keyboard. Then reset the boot options/flags to default using the script.

since you did a factory reset without setting the boot flags back first, the box is locked into developer mode with legacy boot default. SeaBIOS is non-functional since the factory reset reloaded the broken stock version. All you can do is boot ChromeOS and fix things from there.

Thanks Matt! I booted into ChromeOS using a different keyboard. What is the best way to reset the boot options/flags from here? I'd like to get back to running the EZ script.
(2015-08-16, 22:51)HarryMohan Wrote: Hi Matt,

Which SSH software do u recommend to update to Kodi 15 from 14. I had used stand alone EZ Setup in past.

Thanks
Harry

just follow the instructions to do a manual update per the OpenELEC wiki, no ssh needed, just drag/drop via SMB. There's a link on the ChromeBox wiki page to the OE wiki instructions.

(2015-08-17, 00:16)zockiii Wrote: First of all: Thanks for the great work on this script.

I´ve installed Ubuntu as an standalone Os on my Asus Chromebox. I thank that was at least for a half year.
Since this time I haven´t got Sound over HDMI and I didn´t read in this forum during the last half year.
So my question is: Should I Update the firmware or still the problem exist in the new firmware?
Thanks for your help

thanks, and your issue nothing at all to do with the firmware, everything to do with Ubuntu / pulseaudio / whatever your sound config is. Ubuntuforums is your best bet, issue/setup is common to all Intel HDMI audio setups (NUCs, etc)

(2015-08-17, 00:16)DnhE Wrote: Thanks Matt! I booted into ChromeOS using a different keyboard. What is the best way to reset the boot options/flags from here? I'd like to get back to running the EZ script.

you've booted ChromeOS, so just re-download/re-run the script as per the OP instructions. Choose the menu item to set the boot options, and set it back to ChromeOS + 30s.
Wow... Thanks for the fast answer.
I will ask the guys on Ubuntuforums.
Have a nice evening Smile
(2015-08-17, 00:27)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-08-17, 00:16)DnhE Wrote: Thanks Matt! I booted into ChromeOS using a different keyboard. What is the best way to reset the boot options/flags from here? I'd like to get back to running the EZ script.

you've booted ChromeOS, so just re-download/re-run the script as per the OP instructions. Choose the menu item to set the boot options, and set it back to ChromeOS + 30s.

Done. Thanks!
Hi all,
This is my first post on a forum, so I hope it ends up in the right section. I am running an asus chromebox, standalone with mythbuntu. I have it set up to use pm-suspend and mythtv sets an alarm to wake up for recordings. I can also wakeup using my remote power button and on resume in both cases my external HDD remounts to /var/lib/mythtv successfully with a custom script. (will share if anyone needs this).

My problem is that when in suspend, if power is lost there is no auto power on, and the alarm set by mythtv (or manually) no longer works.
Is their a way for the bios to auto boot on power on?
thanks in advance
  • 339(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37