• 341(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2015-08-18, 14:31)TonyPh12345 Wrote: Heheh... The TV is brand new... Smile But I'll give that a try. Thanks!

has nothing to do with it, almost all TVs are slow to set the display mode relative to regular PC monitors.
I am new here and have read some but not all of the posts. So excuse me in advance if I bend any forum rules by posting this here but its driving me nuts. I have an Asus Chromebox Panther F5U-B5M with a fresh openelec duel boot install. Everything Kodi/openelec related works beautifully the only issue I am having is actually getting it to boot into chrome os. Can anyone point me in the right direction for assistance with this. Appreciated
(2015-08-18, 19:07)TDB73 Wrote: IEverything Kodi/openelec related works beautifully the only issue I am having is actually getting it to boot into chrome os.

"having an issue" doesn't tell us what the problem is, so there's no way to help you. Tell us what the problem is, what you are doing, etc.
I finally got a usb that worked and have restored it and that is all working fine. The problem i now have is apparently with the logitech k400 keyboard. CTRL-D just doesn't work with this keyboard so I can't reboot to chrome with it. Also I've got Openelec on a usb stick and it runs fine but it won't automatically boot to the usb. I have to hit escape every time and choose usb. Is there anyway to make it choose the usb automatically?
(2015-08-19, 01:52)Luketyson7 Wrote: I finally got a usb that worked and have restored it and that is all working fine. The problem i now have is apparently with the logitech k400 keyboard. CTRL-D just doesn't work with this keyboard so I can't reboot to chrome with it. Also I've got Openelec on a usb stick and it runs fine but it won't automatically boot to the usb. I have to hit escape every time and choose usb. Is there anyway to make it choose the usb automatically?

the K400 is listed on the Kodi ChromeBox wiki page as known to not work on the dev mode boot screen; there's also a link to a thread on the forums here which lists known working/non-working keyboards.

run the script and choose the option to update the Legacy BIOS, you'll have an option to make USB booting the default.
ok. thanks Matt. I know you've probably answered these questions a million times.
Ok so i did the update legacy bios but it still will not boot directly from the usb. Any thing else I can try?
(2015-08-19, 03:17)Luketyson7 Wrote: Ok so i did the update legacy bios but it still will not boot directly from the usb. Any thing else I can try?
Did it give you the option when you updated? I'm pretty sure I added that option a while back
it immediately ask to boot from usb. I entered y and hit enter. it says update successful and press enter to return to main menu. I do that and choose the reboot option and it boots to the hard disk and goes to a black screen.
(2015-08-19, 03:30)Luketyson7 Wrote: it immediately ask to boot from usb. I entered y and hit enter. it says update successful and press enter to return to main menu. I do that and choose the reboot option and it boots to the hard disk and goes to a black screen.
When you press ESC for the boot menu, which is listed first, the usb or ssd?
SSD
(2015-08-19, 04:29)Luketyson7 Wrote: SSD
Ok, pretty sure I know what the problem is, will post a fix later tonight
ok no problem
(2015-08-19, 04:57)Luketyson7 Wrote: ok no problem

ok, I checked everything and I'm afraid I can't reproduce the issue. I restored my dev box to stock, updated the legacy bios, and selected the default to usb option (by pressing 'y' when prompted), and all USB/SD media is booted by default after choosing the legacy boot option.
It's no big deal. The box wouldn't suspend from the usb either so I gave up on it. I started over and did a dual boot and everything is working fine. I just need a better keyboard. Thanks for all your help.
  • 341(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37