• 354(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
Well FUCK ME!!! Chromebox just woke up again... so the new remote did a bunch of shit for me... Just for the record
One little niggle with the v2 of the ps3 remote is that you have to repair it if you change batteries. It's only what I have heard though. I only use the v1.
(2015-09-13, 22:20)busta.rhymes Wrote: Well FUCK ME!!! Chromebox just woke up again... so the new remote did a bunch of shit for me... Just for the record

as with automotive troubleshooting, throwing new parts at the problem without understanding the root cause is quite often the least efficient and most expensive approach. As before, I recommend starting with a clean/fresh profile with no additional hardware attached, and once a working baseline is established, add hardware back one component at a time.
Hi,

Since the upgrade to Openelec 6 beta, I am experiencing high fan after each resume, and sometime it need to reboot to fix this.

Any hints ?

Thanks
(2015-09-14, 04:37)desperado77 Wrote: Hi,

Since the upgrade to Openelec 6 beta, I am experiencing high fan after each resume, and sometime it need to reboot to fix this.

Any hints ?

Thanks

known issue / linux kernel / ACPI bug. Given the extremely low idle power draw, I just leave mine on 24/7
Thanks Matt
(2015-09-13, 22:20)busta.rhymes Wrote: Well FUCK ME!!! Chromebox just woke up again... so the new remote did a bunch of shit for me... Just for the record

I just wanted to point out that I originally tried to use a PS3 remote (v2) and couldn't get suspend working correctly. Drained batteries, waking from suspend unexpectedly, would not stay paired properly, etc.

I then switched to a fire stick remote and when triaging similar issues I figured out that the remote will never go to sleep for me if I manually suspend (selecting option from menu). I have to set the remote to suspend after the screen saver is activated. And that works for me. So when I'm done I lay the remote down and walk away. More info can be found here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=219614

I never went back to the PS3 remote and checked it with these settings as I prefer the fire stick remote. This might not get you the exact behavior you want, but it might save you batteries and headaches with wake ups.
(2015-09-12, 19:34)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-09-12, 19:29)noggin Wrote: Old Model was Bluetooth only and only controlled a PS3.

New Model is Bluetooth for the PS3 but adds IR for a Sony TV and AVR. (Hence the Volume and Channel buttons)

actually, the IR portion works with multiple makes/models. Set up a CB for a friend and have the remote controlling his Samsung TV as well.

Yes - the TV functions can be remapped to other manufacturers, but I'm not sure the Amp ones can be?

https://www.playstation.com/manual/pdf/CECH-ZRC1U.pdf has the codes if anyone else is interested. It only lists three Sony codes for AVRs.
@InfoJunky,very nice that others are expiriencing the same things and yeah i also noticed that the remotes only go to sleep when the screen saver comes up and dont go to sleep when the box suspends. But for now i will just leave the box on like almost everyone else here. Wich kind of sucks though.

@matt, it is definatly a remote problem since the wakeups do only occur when the ps3 remotes are connected. And the box wakes up severall hours later sometimes even days. So actualy the bug is pretty much located now. Is there a way to report bugs?
Hi. I've just installed a new, larger, SSD in my Asus Chromebox (M031U). Now I'm not sure what I need to do to install OpenELEC again.

When I power up it shows "SeaBIOS (version rel-1.8.0-11-g647b45a-20150226-MattDevo)" and an error message "Boot failed:not a bootable disk". I had it setup for standalone.

Following the wiki, I assumed I should put it in developer mode, but after switching off, pressing the recovery button, and switching on it comes up with the same message.

I don't have the USB I used to set it up orginally, so need to download it again. I'd like to install OpenELEC v6 beta 5 on the Chromebox. I use a Mac on the home network.

Could you let me know which step in the wiki I need to do next? Is it to download the EZ Setup script on a USB? If so, I can't find where to download it.
Main TV: LibreELEC 7.0.1 / Kodi 16.1, with Xonfluence skin on Asus Chromebox (1.4GHz, 4Gb RAM, 64Gb SSD) + DVB-S and DVB-T with TVH.
Plus testing v17 nighlies on Macbook, and using Estuary skin.
(2015-09-14, 11:54)busta.rhymes Wrote: @matt, it is definatly a remote problem since the wakeups do only occur when the ps3 remotes are connected. And the box wakes up severall hours later sometimes even days. So actualy the bug is pretty much located now. Is there a way to report bugs?

open an issue on OpenELEC's github page, assuming one doesn't exist already - https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/issues

(2015-09-14, 13:04)gshodg Wrote: Hi. I've just installed a new, larger, SSD in my Asus Chromebox (M031U). Now I'm not sure what I need to do to install OpenELEC again.

create a bootable OpenELEC install disc from your Mac. I haven't tried it, but you can probably run the EZ Setup Script from a terminal there and it should work. There are also instructions on the OpenELEC website on how do create the install media, but using the script is simpler.

Quote:When I power up it shows "SeaBIOS (version rel-1.8.0-11-g647b45a-20150226-MattDevo)" and an error message "Boot failed:not a bootable disk". I had it setup for standalone.

well, yes, you installed a new hard drive which doesn't have an OS.

Quote:Following the wiki, I assumed I should put it in developer mode, but after switching off, pressing the recovery button, and switching on it comes up with the same message.

because developer mode doesn't exist with my custom firmware.

Quote:UPDATE: I've followed the steps here in the wiki(http://kodi.wiki/view/Chromebox#Resetting_to_Stock), and now have Ubuntu installed on the Chromebox. (i've never seen Ubuntu before!).

If you wanted to install OpenELEC, why would you install Ubuntu? Either way, just create the OpenELEC install media (you can run the EZ Setup Script from Ubuntu), boot it, and install OpenELEC - that's it.
(2015-09-14, 17:00)Matt Devo Wrote: , just create the OpenELEC install media (you can run the EZ Setup Script from Ubuntu), boot it, and install OpenELEC - that's it.

I'm not sure what I need to do to create the OpenELEC install media. I followed your wiki to great success for the initial install, but now I'm stumped, could you help me with the steps I need to use your script to reinstall OpenELEC please?

the reason I ended up with Ubuntu installed was following these steps, the BOLD bit (I guess I misunderstood them). I now don't have the Ubuntu boot USB, as I tried to use Google utility to make a bootable USB to get back to Chrome OS. So now I'm back at the SeaBIOS black screen.

Quote:If you have standalone setup, it is necessary to restore the stock firmware before performing a factory reset to reload ChromeOS.
In order to do this, you will need to download/run the ChromeOS device Firmware Utility script and select the appropriate option from the menu. The script will give you the option to restore from either a backup file from USB (which you created before originally flashing the custom coreboot firmware) or from a generic copy extracted from Google's recovery image. Like the Kodi EZ Setup Script, this script must be run from a Linux terminal with a full bash shell; OpenELEC users will need to boot a Linux Live USB (Ubuntu 14.04.2 64-bit works fine) from which to run the script. Just download the ISO of and write it to USB using Win32DiskImager (from Windows) or dd (Linux/MacOS).

Boot the Linux live USB, then open a terminal/shell window
Download and run the ChromeOS device Firmware Utility script using the following two commands (hit enter after typing each command):
curl -L -O https://goo.gl/1hFfO3
sudo bash 1hFfO3
Select option 3, Restore Stock Firmware
Choose whether to restore from a backup file on USB or not
If not, select your ChromeBox model so the appropriate firmware can be downloaded
Main TV: LibreELEC 7.0.1 / Kodi 16.1, with Xonfluence skin on Asus Chromebox (1.4GHz, 4Gb RAM, 64Gb SSD) + DVB-S and DVB-T with TVH.
(2015-09-14, 17:13)gshodg Wrote:
(2015-09-14, 17:00)Matt Devo Wrote: , just create the OpenELEC install media (you can run the EZ Setup Script from Ubuntu), boot it, and install OpenELEC - that's it.

I'm not sure what I need to do to create the OpenELEC install media. I followed your wiki to great success for the initial install, but now I'm stumped, could you help me with the steps I need to use your script to reinstall OpenELEC please?

the reason I ended up with Ubuntu installed was following these steps, the BOLD bit (I guess I misunderstood them). I now don't have the Ubuntu boot USB, as I tried to use Google utility to make a bootable USB to get back to Chrome OS. So now I'm back at the SeaBIOS black screen.

Quote:If you have standalone setup, it is necessary to restore the stock firmware before performing a factory reset to reload ChromeOS.
In order to do this, you will need to download/run the ChromeOS device Firmware Utility script and select the appropriate option from the menu. The script will give you the option to restore from either a backup file from USB (which you created before originally flashing the custom coreboot firmware) or from a generic copy extracted from Google's recovery image. Like the Kodi EZ Setup Script, this script must be run from a Linux terminal with a full bash shell; OpenELEC users will need to boot a Linux Live USB (Ubuntu 14.04.2 64-bit works fine) from which to run the script. Just download the ISO of and write it to USB using Win32DiskImager (from Windows) or dd (Linux/MacOS).

Boot the Linux live USB, then open a terminal/shell window
Download and run the ChromeOS device Firmware Utility script using the following two commands (hit enter after typing each command):
curl -L -O https://goo.gl/1hFfO3
sudo bash 1hFfO3
Select option 3, Restore Stock Firmware
Choose whether to restore from a backup file on USB or not
If not, select your ChromeBox model so the appropriate firmware can be downloaded

UPDATE - I think I've successfully reinstalled OpenELEC. Thanks.
(2015-09-14, 17:42)gshodg Wrote: UPDATE - I think I've successfully reinstalled OpenELEC. Thanks.

good to hear. Let me know how I can make the documentation/wiki more clear that you don't need to restore ChromeOS to switch OSes with a standalone setup - it's literally just like any other PC, just boot the install media and install.
Ok, i opend a thread on the github page... I dont think it will get resolved though

https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/issues/4322
  • 354(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37