• 360(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
i made a apt-cache Policy vaapi and mesa ...i find nothing... if i add those ppa ... i can help with vappi hardware?
(2015-10-01, 18:41)martinqc101 Wrote: I think i have a similar bug.

I install kodibuntu 14.04 (recommanded on the main page) with mythtv backend 0.275 version on my Asus chromebox. I have a Hdhomerun extend tv tuner. It transcode in H.264. After 5-10 minutes it go straight to 100% with full ram and the video and kodi will lag. I have the stable kodi 15.1.

I suspect it a vertical sync problem. I try all video configuraiton possible. without success. I can watch a blu ray movie from a other pc on my chromebox but i can't Watch live tv or Watch somme recording movie.

I install 2 time kodibuntu. First time with the swap partition and the second time without the swap partition because (like it wrinting in install instruction).

Now i search to try some new solution!

And ...sorry for my English Angel
(2015-10-01, 18:51)martinqc101 Wrote: i made a apt-cache Policy vaapi and mesa ...i find nothing... if i add those ppa ... i can help with vappi hardware?

post your issue in the Linux & Live Support Forum since it's a software config issue that has nothing to do with the ChromeBox hardware
Running Openelec for a lot of months now on 2 HP Chromeboxes, it really all you need on your tv. Runs smooth, more the enough power in the Chromeboxes.
Thanks Matt for the script. Is there any need to run the script once in a while to look for a bios upgrade?

Levd
(2015-10-04, 00:11)levd Wrote: Is there any need to run the script once in a while to look for a bios upgrade?

Yeah would interesst me to know this also
(2015-10-04, 00:11)levd Wrote: Running Openelec for a lot of months now on 2 HP Chromeboxes, it really all you need on your tv. Runs smooth, more the enough power in the Chromeboxes.
Thanks Matt for the script. Is there any need to run the script once in a while to look for a bios upgrade?

Levd
(2015-10-04, 15:18)busta.rhymes Wrote: Yeah would interesst me to know this also

I wouldn't say so. At this point everything is stable firmware wise, so I don't see any changes coming.
(2015-09-22, 23:22)rmilyard Wrote: So anyone install OpenELEC 5.95.5 (x86_64) on there Asus ChromeBox? I did and wifi turns off every time system is turned off or rebooted. Rolled back to OpenELEC 5.0.8 (x86_64) and works fine.

Anyone else have issues? Worked fine wired also but in my kids rooms that's not an option at this time.

I think i have a similar error. I already did a hard reset but that didn`t help.
Dmesg shows me this:

[39053.028098] pcieport 0000:00:1c.0: PCIe Bus Error: severity=Corrected, type=Physical Layer, id=00e0(Receiver ID)
[39053.028102] pcieport 0000:00:1c.0: device [8086:9c14] error status/mask=00000001/00002000
[39053.028105] pcieport 0000:00:1c.0: [ 0] Receiver Error
[39053.028111] pcieport 0000:00:1c.0: AER: Multiple Corrected error received: id=00e0
[39053.028117] pcieport 0000:00:1c.0: can't find device of ID00e0

But i don`t know that has something to do with wifi getting deactivated after a reboot.
Considering getting the chromebox since the MXIII android box is just full of issues (24p, no HDMI passthrough audio, no HD audio, etc)...from what I read in this thread the chromebox does not present those issues, correct?

Also if I do dual boot, would I be able to use watch sling tv or fubo tv through ubuntu (web browser)?

Thank you,
(2015-10-06, 15:51)ganjero Wrote: Considering getting the chromebox since the MXIII android box is just full of issues (24p, no HDMI passthrough audio, no HD audio, etc)...from what I read in this thread the chromebox does not present those issues, correct?
correct
Quote:Also if I do dual boot, would I be able to use watch sling tv or fubo tv through ubuntu (web browser)?
as long as whatever browser plugins they require work under linux, then I'd expect so.
May I suggest a note in the Wiki, in case your remote stops working intermittently.

To change VBS to "Let Driver Decide" and reboot.

Also a fresh guisettings.xml may be required.

2126221 (post)
Hi Matt,

Please I need help.

I am new bee to kodi. I recently got asus chromebox M075U with mouse & keyboard. I did dual boot install chromeos/kodi. I changed boot options default to KODI with 1 second delay. everything worked perfect.for 30 days. Recently the machine is shutting down with out any warning. During boot it says "Error in check_disks::.

I did fsck /dev/sda6
fsck /dev/sda7

then it worked for few days.

after that its not booting.. so I tried to reset to stock.( in plans to restore everything back to Chrome os)

Every time machine shuts down abruptly after developer screen. very rarely it boots to chrome os.. but shuts down before i execute commsnds curl,sudo.

Some times I do see a developer screen with some wierd message at top right hand corner.

gbb.flags is nonzero: 0x00000000
read-only firmware id: google_panther.4920.24.26
active firmware id: google_panther.4920.24.26

Please help.. what to do next.

Tx
phdSad:
(2015-10-07, 19:10)Magoo32 Wrote: May I suggest a note in the Wiki, in case your remote stops working intermittently.

To change VBS to "Let Driver Decide" and reboot.

Also a fresh guisettings.xml may be required.

2126221 (post)

I changed the recommended driver setting in the wiki

(2015-10-09, 06:48)phdlincoln Wrote: Hi Matt,

Please I need help.

I am new bee to kodi. I recently got asus chromebox M075U with mouse & keyboard. I did dual boot install chromeos/kodi. I changed boot options default to KODI with 1 second delay. everything worked perfect.for 30 days. Recently the machine is shutting down with out any warning. During boot it says "Error in check_disks::.

I did fsck /dev/sda6
fsck /dev/sda7

then it worked for few days.

after that its not booting.. so I tried to reset to stock.( in plans to restore everything back to Chrome os)

Every time machine shuts down abruptly after developer screen. very rarely it boots to chrome os.. but shuts down before i execute commsnds curl,sudo.

Some times I do see a developer screen with some wierd message at top right hand corner.

gbb.flags is nonzero: 0x00000000
read-only firmware id: google_panther.4920.24.26
active firmware id: google_panther.4920.24.26

Please help.. what to do next.

Tx
phdSad:

since you did a factory reset without first changing the boot flags, the box is now trying to boot in legacy mode (ie, to OpenELEC) but there is no bootable OS installed. Press [CTRL-D] on the dev mode boot screen, then once in ChromeOS re-run the script and reset the boot flags back to the factory defaults. Then you can reboot and exit developer mode by pressing space on the dev mode boot screen
(2015-10-04, 20:52)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-10-04, 00:11)levd Wrote: Running Openelec for a lot of months now on 2 HP Chromeboxes, it really all you need on your tv. Runs smooth, more the enough power in the Chromeboxes.

Levd
(2015-10-04, 15:18)busta.rhymes Wrote: Yeah would interesst me to know this also

I wouldn't say so. At this point everything is stable firmware wise, so I don't see any changes coming.

Matt will you be transitioning your work to the next Chromebox's or to anything else that has or is coming out recently/soon? I"m about ready to buy another one of these for another room and have no complaints with my Asus Chromebox running single boot OpenELEC, but if it's at risk of maybe being discontinued I would hold off for something else.
I have been using OE on my Asus box for about a year. I tried rebooting last night, and the box didn't boot. My TV shows "no signal" and i get no beeps.

If I unplug my HDMI and push power, I get the beep beep, but after pluging the HDMI back in, still no signal. Any advice?
(2015-10-10, 15:24)jrochet Wrote: Matt will you be transitioning your work to the next Chromebox's or to anything else that has or is coming out recently/soon? I"m about ready to buy another one of these for another room and have no complaints with my Asus Chromebox running single boot OpenELEC, but if it's at risk of maybe being discontinued I would hold off for something else.

I'll probably be skipping the Broadwell ChromeBoxes since they offer no real benefit over the Haswell ones. Once we see Braswell and Skylake based boxes (which have GPS decoding of HEVC) then I'll likely move to them. That said, if someone sends me a Broadwell box, I'd gladly add support for it. If not, they will probably still be supported by John Lewis' firmwares, just not integrated into the script

(2015-10-10, 21:14)RichAggie Wrote: I have been using OE on my Asus box for about a year. I tried rebooting last night, and the box didn't boot. My TV shows "no signal" and i get no beeps.

If I unplug my HDMI and push power, I get the beep beep, but after pluging the HDMI back in, still no signal. Any advice?

Not sure what beeping you are referring to. Is this for a dual boot setup or standalone?
I am dual booting (though I have never booted into ChromeOS after day 1). I was referring to the beep beep before the 30 second delay to boot.
  • 360(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37