• 371(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2015-11-07, 11:14)CaTz Wrote:
(2015-11-06, 12:03)CaTz Wrote: Hi all,

Big Thanx to Matt.

I have the Asus Chromebox, with OE 5.0.8 all worked fine, i wanted to update to OE 6, and from some reason the video playback is freezes in random stages of the movie for couple of seconds and then runs in fast forward for few seconds and continues normally.
I have encountered that with update to OE 6 beta, clean install of OE 6 beta. with final OE 6 and fritsch's custom Intel-EGL OpenELEC build.
Also, i`ve tried to rollback to OE 5.0.8 and there everything works fine.

Does someone knows the reason for that issue?
I will make a debug log at the evening...

Ok, i managed to record a log with the issue
http://xbmclogs.com/p0o6rmser

From what i saw, CPU1 jumped to 100%, can it be related to the SSL error?

Pls someone can help

Could you please use sprunge for your logfiles? This xbmclogs.com is down most of the time I try to connect.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-11-07, 11:56)fritsch Wrote:
(2015-11-07, 11:14)CaTz Wrote:

Big Thanx to Matt.

I have the Asus Chromebox, with OE 5.0.8 all worked fine, i wanted to update to OE 6, and from some reason the video playback is freezes in random stages of the movie for couple of seconds and then runs in fast forward for few seconds and continues normally.
I have encountered that with update to OE 6 beta, clean install of OE 6 beta. with final OE 6 and fritsch's custom Intel-EGL OpenELEC build.

Ok, i managed to record a log with the issue
http://xbmclogs.com/p0o6rmser

From what i saw, CPU1 jumped to 100%, can it be related to the SSL error?

Pls someone can help

Could you please use sprunge for your logfiles? This xbmclogs.com is down most of the time I try to connect.

http://sprunge.us/cjaY
Thanx
1) Please disable VDPAU (it is spamming the log and is not used on your system)
2) Not a Debug Log - I cannot see anything else. What I see it is dropping and skipping as hard as it can ... any reason you passthrough with 60 hz? Did you by chance skip the wiki concerning the needed settings?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-11-07, 12:58)fritsch Wrote: 1) Please disable VDPAU (it is spamming the log and is not used on your system)
2) Not a Debug Log - I cannot see anything else. What I see it is dropping and skipping as hard as it can ... any reason you passthrough with 60 hz? Did you by chance skip the wiki concerning the needed settings?

The VDPAU is disabled, and the reset of the settings are set according to wiki :\
There is any specific setting that you think i missing?
What do you mean by passthrough with 60 hz? thous are the default settings of kodi.
No it's not - I clearly see this in your log:

Quote:10:39:15 T:140647310792448 NOTICE: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::GetFormat - Creating VDPAU(1280x720)
10:39:15 T:140647310792448 NOTICE: VDPAU::Open: required extension GL_NV_vdpau_interop not found
10:39:15 T:140647310792448 NOTICE: (VDPAU) Close
(2015-11-07, 13:37)fritsch Wrote: No it's not - I clearly see this in your log:

Quote:10:39:15 T:140647310792448 NOTICE: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::GetFormat - Creating VDPAU(1280x720)
10:39:15 T:140647310792448 NOTICE: VDPAU::Open: required extension GL_NV_vdpau_interop not found
Maybe it was enabled, and then when i tried to recreate the issue it was disabled for sure.

Let me try to create another log.
(2015-11-07, 14:05)CaTz Wrote:
(2015-11-07, 13:37)fritsch Wrote: No it's not - I clearly see this in your log:

Maybe it was enabled, and then when i tried to recreate the issue it was disabled for sure.

Let me try to create another log.
Here is another log
http://sprunge.us/ECUT
No idea ... the log is so full of spam from this and that addon - I don't see anything. Try to reproduce after a reboot with debugging turned on and remember the clock time when it started.
(2015-11-07, 11:48)denz13 Wrote: Hi all,

As this is the most active Chromebox/Kodi thread I thought it'd be a good idea to ask here... Please let me know if I should've posted elsewhere?

I've just installed Kodibuntu, can anyone recommend any worthwhile performance enhancing improvements? I've seen HugeGreenBug has made several improvements to a custom iso here: https://www.distroshare.com/distros/get/62/
but I was reluctant to install this as it may now be out of date.

Any thought and input on this would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

hugegreenbug's Kodibuntu ISO is the most up-to-date ISO, but the DIY version from the Intel/VAAPI/EGL thread is the current best non-OpenELEC setup: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=231955

Big Thanx to Matt.

backup your config using OpenELEC settings, copy backup file, do a soft reset (effectively same as clean install w/o deleting media files) and see if the problem persists. When upgrading from one major version to another, there is always the potential for issues with older settings, addons, etc. so when in doubt start fresh to be sure it's not an issue caused by upgrading
So I did the dual set up for Openelec and followed all the steps. Once I reboot it goes back to the white no OS screen for a split second then the screen goes black. Any help??
(2015-11-05, 09:04)BoxFreak Wrote:
(2015-11-04, 21:52)fritsch Wrote: Find out which process is having 100% and post your Debug Log

OK, will be checking it tonight.

I'll be back!

It doesn't happen very often, but it seems that it's bluetooth related (just happened and checked with TOP via SSH). I disabled OBEX after that, now just have to wait if my CPU core goes to 100% on idle again.

I guess this has nothing to do with EGL-version and it would also happen with standard OE 6.0.
Odroid C2 running CoreElec
Nope - it has not. As EGL only patches kodi for Video rendering.
hey guys,
i installed option 8 kodibuntu on at M004U chromebox. everything works great but i cant seen to get my wifi working. any help would be greatly appreciated
(2015-11-07, 23:07)Garmbr1 Wrote: So I did the dual set up for Openelec and followed all the steps. Once I reboot it goes back to the white no OS screen for a split second then the screen goes black. Any help??

you set the boot options without testing the install first, and likely skipped on of the dual-boot setups (either the factory reset, or running the script a 2nd time)

(2015-11-08, 06:58)holdmysack Wrote: hey guys,
i installed option 8 kodibuntu on at M004U chromebox. everything works great but i cant seen to get my wifi working. any help would be greatly appreciated

since hugegreenbug has customized/tweaked that kodibunti build, his site or the general Kodi linux/live software forum is likely the best place for help. I'm afraid anything ubuntu-related is outside of my area of expertise; I'm a die-hard OpenELEC guy Smile
  • 371(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37