• 404(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2016-02-03, 20:37)Boulder Wrote: As I'm heading towards creating a new OpenELEC dual-boot system from scratch, I probably should first set the startup options to default and perform a factory reset just to be sure. At the moment, I'm unable to boot to ChromeOS to launch the EZ script. No matter how early or how much I try to hit [CTRL+D], I just get the dreaded low memory error. I have been able to boot to ChromeOS with the keyboard I've tried so it cannot be the problem here. That means, I shouldn't perform a factory reset as per the wiki.

How the get around the problem without bricking the device?

are you able to boot recovery mode by holding the recovery button with a paperclip at power-on?
For some reason, I'm having an issue when playing music files using my Asus /OE. I have 2 WD drives a MyBookLiveDuo (NFS) for video, and a WDMyCloud (SMB) for music. Video plays perfectly, but I'm hearing intermittent dropouts on music. No rhyme or reason, some times it doesn't happen for hours, other times it will start immediately. Not every file, but enough that it's a definite problem.
Files aren't corrupted, and all play perfectly thru my Win10 Kodi HTPC. Have tried moving my whole collection onto different storage, didn't help. Really miss the simplicity of the Asus, but have had to pull it offline due to this frustrating problem.
Nvidia ShieldTV (2017)+Nexus
@christoofar WIFI or wired ethernet?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-02-04, 00:31)christoofar Wrote: For some reason, I'm having an issue when playing music files using my Asus /OE. I have 2 WD drives a MyBookLiveDuo (NFS) for video, and a WDMyCloud (SMB) for music. Video plays perfectly, but I'm hearing intermittent dropouts on music. No rhyme or reason, some times it doesn't happen for hours, other times it will start immediately. Not every file, but enough that it's a definite problem.
Files aren't corrupted, and all play perfectly thru my Win10 Kodi HTPC. Have tried moving my whole collection onto different storage, didn't help. Really miss the simplicity of the Asus, but have had to pull it offline due to this frustrating problem.

to quote fritsch: no debug log, no problem. Also, not a hardware / install / script problem, so would be best served in the Kodi Linux/Live support forum.
(2016-02-04, 00:36)nickr Wrote: @christoofar WIFI or wired ethernet?

Wired only.
(2016-02-04, 00:40)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2016-02-04, 00:31)christoofar Wrote: For some reason, I'm having an issue when playing music files using my Asus /OE. I have 2 WD drives a MyBookLiveDuo (NFS) for video, and a WDMyCloud (SMB) for music. Video plays perfectly, but I'm hearing intermittent dropouts on music. No rhyme or reason, some times it doesn't happen for hours, other times it will start immediately. Not every file, but enough that it's a definite problem.

to quote fritsch: no debug log, no problem. Also, not a hardware / install / script problem, so would be best served in the Kodi Linux/Live support forum.
understood. I just do not have the Linux skillset to try sorting it. Was hoping other users may have come across this & found a fix.
(2016-02-04, 00:48)christoofar Wrote: understood. I just do not have the Linux skillset to try sorting it. Was hoping other users may have come across this & found a fix.

if it were a known / common issue, it would be listed on the wiki Smile I certainly can't reproduce it here on any of my boxes, wired or wireless. Only time I ever saw dropouts was on wifi when the 2.4GHz and 5GHz SSIDs were the same and it would periodically switch between the two as it was right at the edge of decent signal strength for the 5GHz
Noted, thanks. Bummer, guess it is an end of an era...Sad
(2016-02-04, 00:56)christoofar Wrote: Noted, thanks. Bummer, guess it is an end of an era...Sad

providing a debug log to help troubleshoot the error isn't difficult, and instructions to do so are linked in the first post. There's even an add-on to automatically upload logs and provide a URL making it even easier
(2016-02-04, 00:59)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2016-02-04, 00:56)christoofar Wrote: Noted, thanks. Bummer, guess it is an end of an era...Sad

providing a debug log to help troubleshoot the error isn't difficult, and instructions to do so are linked in the first post. There's even an add-on to automatically upload logs and provide a URL making it even easier
Will give it a shot, thanks
Here is a log, playing one FLAC track. It dropped out near the beginning & again near the end.
http://xbmclogs.com/p0ibo1pnq
(2016-02-04, 07:24)christoofar Wrote: Here is a log, playing one FLAC track. It dropped out near the beginning & again near the end.
http://xbmclogs.com/p0ibo1pnq

post this in a new thread in the linux/live forum, hopefully someone who's able to decipher these logs better than me will be able to tell you what the issue is.
(2016-02-03, 21:52)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2016-02-03, 20:37)Boulder Wrote: As I'm heading towards creating a new OpenELEC dual-boot system from scratch, I probably should first set the startup options to default and perform a factory reset just to be sure. At the moment, I'm unable to boot to ChromeOS to launch the EZ script. No matter how early or how much I try to hit [CTRL+D], I just get the dreaded low memory error. I have been able to boot to ChromeOS with the keyboard I've tried so it cannot be the problem here. That means, I shouldn't perform a factory reset as per the wiki.

How the get around the problem without bricking the device?

are you able to boot recovery mode by holding the recovery button with a paperclip at power-on?

Nope, it just boots to Kodi.
(2016-02-04, 19:22)Boulder Wrote: Nope, it just boots to Kodi.

then it sounds like you flashed the standalone firmware at some point. If you want to switch to a dual boot setup, you'll need to first restore the stock firmware and ChromeOS using the wiki instructions. Otherwise, you can just create fresh OE install media and boot / install that.
(2016-02-04, 19:34)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2016-02-04, 19:22)Boulder Wrote: Nope, it just boots to Kodi.

then it sounds like you flashed the standalone firmware at some point. If you want to switch to a dual boot setup, you'll need to first restore the stock firmware and ChromeOS using the wiki instructions. Otherwise, you can just create fresh OE install media and boot / install that.
OK, will try that next.
  • 404(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37