• 411(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2016-02-23, 14:29)turbobuickguy Wrote: Link on wiki is still for 6.0.198-Intel_EGL and is a dead link. For those looking for 6.0.199-Intel_EGL, just edit the link from 6.0.198 to 6.0.199 after you click on it.

fixed. no idea how that happened since both links were updated on the same edit. must have been a wiki glitch.
n00b question.

Sorry if its been asked 1000 times before.

How do i update to the new openelec (kodi 16) for my asus chromebox?
Do i just do an update via openelec? inside of kodi interface?

Or do i need to do something else via your script? im sorry for the question

THank you

EDIT
just noticed this:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Chromebox#Updating_Kodi

Sorry ill try that
In your opinions, would it be worth it to upgrade to the new "OpenELEC 7.0 / Kodi 16.0 (unofficial beta: 6.99.1-MattDevo)" build, or stay on the 6.0.199-Intel_EGL build (until the new Kodi 17 Intel EGL build comes out)?

I really want to spend some time and set up Kodi with a skin and various customization's, but do not want to set it up on v15 and then redo it on v16, or vise versa.

Thanks!
(2016-02-24, 00:46)BB90 Wrote: In your opinions, would it be worth it to upgrade to the new "OpenELEC 7.0 / Kodi 16.0 (unofficial beta: 6.99.1-MattDevo)" build, or stay on the 6.0.199-Intel_EGL build (until the new Kodi 17 Intel EGL build comes out)?

I really want to spend some time and set up Kodi with a skin and various customization's, but do not want to set it up on v15 and then redo it on v16, or vise versa.

Thanks!

I'd say that depends on whether the skin you want to use is available / still being worked on for v15 or not. I'd expect that v17 will stabilize in short order, similar to the time frame between v15 and v16, so if there's no compelling need to move to v16 then it might make sense to stick with v15 for now.
Hi I have setup a buddy Chromebox with Openelec standalone, however he now get the sh: can't access tty: job control turned off.
I instructed him to run fsck /dev/sda1 & fsck /dev/sda2 but he gets the error in attached image.

Can someone help, on how to get it running again?

The missing text in top right corner is "could not mount /dev/SYSTEM"
Should the command be fsck /dev/SYSTEM instead?
I think you should do umount /dev/sda1 and umount /dev/sda2 before you can use fsck on them.
ahh makes sense. Will tell him to try. Else you can just make USB OE install key and install again from fresh correct?
Made a repair from USB and it's working again.
Anyone else lose sound randomly and have to reboot?

I am on 6.0.199-Intel_EGL build.
Strange issue I'm seeing in regard to RGB color space shifting.

Broadwell NUC5i5 on openelec 6.0 upgraded to 6.0.199_Intel_EGL build

If I set openelec to RGB full any 23.987 content reverts to RGB limited on its own (even changing the GUI to 23.987 will do this). Inversely, if set it to RGB limited when openelec first boots the GUI is displayed in RGB full (so long as the gui isnt set to 23.987). Starting a movie and/or backing out to main screen will revert it to RGB limited again. Do I have a setting wrong somewhere? I followed the wiki recommended settings.
(2016-02-25, 17:54)pearsco Wrote: Do I have a setting wrong somewhere? I followed the wiki recommended settings.

Depends on what your setting are. The wiki settings also state that they aren't needed for the EGL builds of OpenELEC
(2016-02-25, 19:08)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2016-02-25, 17:54)pearsco Wrote: Do I have a setting wrong somewhere? I followed the wiki recommended settings.

Depends on what your setting are. The wiki settings also state that they aren't needed for the EGL builds of OpenELEC

The only settings I modified after I loaded the EGL build were from wiki section 3.4.1 and 3.4.2 I have NOT made any xrandr changes to autostartup or changes to xorg.conf per fritsch's thread. As I understand they are no longer needed.
What are you color range settings for both your display and OE?
(2016-02-25, 19:33)Matt Devo Wrote: What are you color range settings for both your display and OE?

My Pioneer Kuro has options for 0-255 / 16-235 / 4:4:4 / 4:2:0 / auto. I use auto and I have verified it respects whatever range my AVR reports OE is sending. Right now OE is currently set for 16-235 (to keep 23.98 blacks from getting crushed when limited is somehow forced during 23.98 playback dispite unchecking the limited option in Kodi). If I hard set the the Kuro and OE for full RGB, blacks get crushed during playback of any 23.98 content (even Kodi GUI change from 60 to 23.98). Im just wondering why no matter which option I choose, RGB limited is forced for anything 23.98 which I can verify by my AVR input/output OSD. And if this wasnt confusing enough why when I set kodi to use limited does it output full when I initially fire up Openelec (it does however revert to limited and stay there once I start a move). Sorry I know I should have logs for you but Im away at the moment.
(2016-02-25, 20:11)pearsco Wrote: My Pioneer Kuro has options for 0-255 / 16-235 / 4:4:4 / 4:2:0 / auto. I use auto and I have verified it respects whatever range my AVR reports OE is sending. Right now OE is currently set for 16-235 (to keep 23.98 blacks from getting crushed when limited is somehow forced during 23.98 playback dispite unchecking the limited option in Kodi). If I hard set the the Kuro and OE for full RGB, blacks get crushed during playback of any 23.98 content (even Kodi GUI change from 60 to 23.98). Im just wondering why no matter which option I choose, RGB limited is forced for anything 23.98 which I can verify by my AVR input/output OSD. And if this wasnt confusing enough why when I set kodi to use limited does it output full when I initially fire up Openelec (it does however revert to limited and stay there once I start a move). Sorry I know I should have logs for you but Im away at the moment.

there are 3 settings that need to be in sync to get proper output: the Intel video driver (via xrandr), the display, and Kodi itself. Having your display set to auto when it likely does respect the colorpsace setting in the infoframe is probably not ideal with the default xrandr setting used in the EGL builds, which assume a display that ignores infoframes; your display should be set to limited / 16-235. See: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2156978
  • 411(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37