- Update SeaBIOS to latest upstream commit
- script changes:
-- BDW chromeboxes now use same legacy BIOS as HSW boxes
-- BDW chromeboxes now have unique firmware for each device
-- remove Kodibuntu as it's outdated / not recommended
-- other misc changes / fixes
------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Matt,
I don't know if it's the best place to ask, but here it is...
I am trying to install the latest Ubuntu on my Chromebox and I get a kernel panic at the initial stage of the install. Something like kernel panic not syncing and then something about interrupts. It halts.
I was using 15.04 standalone on this box and it was working, but I put in a bigger ssd.
I tried two different sticks and different software to create those sticks, Rufus and unetbootin.
Do you have any ideas?
Thanks
(2016-03-09, 14:05)gixie Wrote: Hi Matt,
I don't know if it's the best place to ask, but here it is...
I am trying to install the latest Ubuntu on my Chromebox and I get a kernel panic at the initial stage of the install. Something like kernel panic not syncing and then something about interrupts. It halts.
I was using 15.04 standalone on this box and it was working, but I put in a bigger ssd.
I tried two different sticks and different software to create those sticks, Rufus and unetbootin.
Do you have any ideas?
Thanks

Assuming you're trying to install Ubuntu 15.10, the issue is noted on the wiki with a workaround listed Smile
Uh...OK...pardon my ignorance, but how does one go about passing the acpi argument at boot time? Is there like a config file where you can add this parameter? I did read about disabling the acpi but I just saw no way of doing it at boot time...
Thanks!

PS
I tried installing 15.04 with a DIFFERENT USB key and...it workedShocked! Turned out it was bad USB sticks previously. However I would like having the latest so thanks for your help.
(2016-03-10, 02:52)gixie Wrote: Uh...OK...pardon my ignorance, but how does one go about passing the acpi argument at boot time? Is there like a config file where you can add this parameter? I did read about disabling the acpi but I just saw no way of doing it at boot time...
Thanks!

first google hit says: http://askubuntu.com/questions/160036/ho...en-booting
Priceless, as usual...
I would buy you a beer...
I am actually running Plex HT with OpenElec, and an HP MCE IR receiver. The problem I am having is that I can turn the Chromebox M004U off with the remote, but I cannot turn it on.

How do I turn it back on with the remote? The power toggle and power on buttons do not work. The USB receiver does not blink red either, which means the USB IR receiver is off and is not even receiving the IR command to turn it on.
(2016-03-11, 08:01)somethingusername101 Wrote: I am actually running Plex HT with OpenElec, and an HP MCE IR receiver. The problem I am having is that I can turn the Chromebox M004U off with the remote, but I cannot turn it on.

How do I turn it back on with the remote? The power toggle and power on buttons do not work. The USB receiver does not blink red either, which means the USB IR receiver is off and is not even receiving the IR command to turn it on.

you can only power on via IR/BT remote when the box is suspended (S3), not when fully powered off (S5). Change the shutdown action from shutdown to suspend and the powertoggle command will work correctly
I have recently bought a new Asus Chromebox and successfully installed OpenElec/Kodi (the script makes it almost too easy Smile). I'm now playing with the various settings, and fighting with tvheadend and the various ATSC EPG providers.

I use a projector/receiver setup, and my receiver does not have an HDMI input for audio. I'm routing the HDMI output to the projector, and for now using the stereo output from the Chromebox. But I'd like to get S/PDIF out (optical or coax) to my receiver instead (I have a good 5.1 setup). I know I can use an HDMI audio extractor as an option, but I'd like to avoid having a device on the HDMI video path.

I see that people use USB S/PDIF out, but I'm not sure which ones are supported properly (in terms of drivers). Would a PCM2704 based card work? (many cheap options)

What are people using to get S/PDIF out from their Chromebox? Any suggestion on a device that is well supported?
(2016-03-11, 23:18)robca Wrote: I see that people use USB S/PDIF out, but I'm not sure which ones are supported properly (in terms of drivers). Would a PCM2704 based card work? (many cheap options)

What are people using to get S/PDIF out from their Chromebox? Any suggestion on a device that is well supported?

The Turtle Beach one listed in the wiki works perfectly, I used it myself before upgrading to a HDMI capable AVR. Probably still have it around here somewhere if you're interested in a lightly used one Smile
I'm sorry, I don't know how I missed it in the wiki... I vaguely remembered reading about SPDIF USB adapters, but I forgot where and missed re-reading the wiki... dumb.

Matt, I'm trying to send you a PM, but the system says I'm not authorized, probably because I'm too new/not enough posts. I'd be interested in your Turtle Beach, if you can please ping me (email, ideally) would be great
(2016-03-12, 00:31)robca Wrote: I'm sorry, I don't know how I missed it in the wiki... I vaguely remembered reading about SPDIF USB adapters, but I forgot where and missed re-reading the wiki... dumb.

Matt, I'm trying to send you a PM, but the system says I'm not authorized, probably because I'm too new/not enough posts. I'd be interested in your Turtle Beach, if you can please ping me (email, ideally) would be great

no worries, emailed you
(2016-03-11, 10:04)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2016-03-11, 08:01)somethingusername101 Wrote: I am actually running Plex HT with OpenElec, and an HP MCE IR receiver. The problem I am having is that I can turn the Chromebox M004U off with the remote, but I cannot turn it on.

you can only power on via IR/BT remote when the box is suspended (S3), not when fully powered off (S5). Change the shutdown action from shutdown to suspend and the powertoggle command will work correctly

Ahhh, that helps. How do I change the shutdown action to suspend? Is that a different IR command or a setting in OpenElec?

But the problem is sometimes OpenElec freezes, so I want to reboot the Chromebox everytime I start the activity on my Logitech Harmony. Is there a way to issue an IR command to restart OpenElec?

Thanks!
  • 415(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37