• 438(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
I followed instructions to the letter. I'm stuck on inputting the commands in the terminal. After logging in as chronos,
when I input the curl command, it downloaded something like it was supposed to. When I input the sudo command, it gave an error and said there was no volume with that name. I would post a screen shot, but I'm at work. Any ideas?
Disregard
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
So type the command just without "sudo" in front of it?
(2016-05-11, 20:07)docsuess84 Wrote: So type the command just without "sudo" in front of it?
No, you absolutely need sudo to execute the script
I was trying to do this with a brand new box, and I was scrolling through and noticed someone else seemed to have an issue with the time and date being wrong. I'm going to try that when I get home and see if that fixes it.
(2016-05-10, 05:39)Matt Devo Wrote: You're inserting the USB then powering on, correct? Try one of the rear ports if using the front ones

Resolved with a new USB stick - ugh....
(2016-05-11, 19:08)docsuess84 Wrote: I followed instructions to the letter. I'm stuck on inputting the commands in the terminal. After logging in as chronos,
when I input the curl command, it downloaded something like it was supposed to. When I input the sudo command, it gave an error and said there was no volume with that name. I would post a screen shot, but I'm at work. Any ideas?

really hard to troubleshoot with a generic description of the error vs the actual error text

(2016-05-11, 19:14)Veronica Wrote: Try without sudo, sudo is mostly for Ubuntu based distros.

untrue, sudo is the standard *nix method to run commands with elevated permissions (sudo xxxx = superuser do xxxx). The only time you don't need sudo to execute commands which require elevated permissions is when you're already root, as with Open/LibreELEC.

(2016-05-11, 20:29)docsuess84 Wrote: I was trying to do this with a brand new box, and I was scrolling through and noticed someone else seemed to have an issue with the time and date being wrong. I'm going to try that when I get home and see if that fixes it.

based on your earlier description of the problem, I suspect not. The time/date issue causes ssl certificates to be registered as invalid since they appear to be issued in the future.

(2016-05-11, 20:34)jmhenry5150 Wrote: Resolved with a new USB stick - ugh....

lots of non-standards-compliant hardware out there unfortunately
The text reads as follows:
curl: (35) error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLOConfusedslv3 alert handshake failure

The second command resulted in No such file or directory
(2016-05-12, 04:11)docsuess84 Wrote: The text reads as follows:
curl: (35) error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLOConfusedslv3 alert handshake failure

The second command resulted in No such file or directory

then it would indeed appear that you have the date/time-related SSL certificate error. Log into ChromeOS as a guest and it should sync up.
Still getting the same error even with the correct day and time.
(2016-05-12, 08:58)docsuess84 Wrote: Still getting the same error even with the correct day and time.

I had to actually login to Chrome and change my timezone to get passed this error.
(2016-05-12, 08:58)docsuess84 Wrote: Still getting the same error even with the correct day and time.

since it appears to be causing problems, I've gone ahead and disabled the http-->https redirect, so hopefully that will take care of the issue
(2016-05-12, 16:31)Matt Devo Wrote:

since it appears to be causing problems, I've gone ahead and disabled the http-->https redirect, so hopefully that will take care of the issue

That solved the problem for me as far as getting the script. I'm attempting to do the stand alone setup. I have very slow internet, so I feel like a lot of my difficulty can be attributed to poor connectivity. I successfully backed up the stock firmware on a usb drive, when I tried to download the new one, it sat there for several minutes so I left the room. When I came back, the box had gone to sleep, and when I woke it up it was back to the script main menu. Will it confirm the new firmware is there, or does the fact that it went back to the menu confirm that it is done? I'm having a hard time downloading the Libreelec image but I think that's an internet problem on my end.
(2016-05-13, 19:29)docsuess84 Wrote: That solved the problem for me as far as getting the script. I'm attempting to do the stand alone setup. I have very slow internet, so I feel like a lot of my difficulty can be attributed to poor connectivity. I successfully backed up the stock firmware on a usb drive, when I tried to download the new one, it sat there for several minutes so I left the room. When I came back, the box had gone to sleep, and when I woke it up it was back to the script main menu. Will it confirm the new firmware is there, or does the fact that it went back to the menu confirm that it is done? I'm having a hard time downloading the Libreelec image but I think that's an internet problem on my end.

after the firmware is backed up, you'll be prompted for a few questions (USB boot default, headless boot, PXE support). After that, it will download a flash the firmware, and prompt you to press a key to return to the main menu (regardless of success or failure). If you answered the 3 questions and walked away, it's possible your pressing a key to wake the screen also jumped you back to the main menu after flashing finished. Either way, it's safe to flash again, and if it succeeded the first time, you won't be prompted for a backup this time.

re: LibreELEC image, you can simply download it from their site on another PC, there's nothing special about the script doing it - just a feature I added for convenience.
(2016-05-13, 22:08)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2016-05-13, 19:29)docsuess84 Wrote: That solved the problem for me as far as getting the script. I'm attempting to do the stand alone setup. I have very slow internet, so I feel like a lot of my difficulty can be attributed to poor connectivity. I successfully backed up the stock firmware on a usb drive, when I tried to download the new one, it sat there for several minutes so I left the room. When I came back, the box had gone to sleep, and when I woke it up it was back to the script main menu. Will it confirm the new firmware is there, or does the fact that it went back to the menu confirm that it is done? I'm having a hard time downloading the Libreelec image but I think that's an internet problem on my end.

after the firmware is backed up, you'll be prompted for a few questions (USB boot default, headless boot, PXE support). After that, it will download a flash the firmware, and prompt you to press a key to return to the main menu (regardless of success or failure). If you answered the 3 questions and walked away, it's possible your pressing a key to wake the screen also jumped you back to the main menu after flashing finished. Either way, it's safe to flash again, and if it succeeded the first time, you won't be prompted for a backup this time.

re: LibreELEC image, you can simply download it from their site on another PC, there's nothing special about the script doing it - just a feature I added for convenience.

Good to know. It asked if I wanted to back it up again. So it must not have worked.
  • 438(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37