• 448(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
I just got one of these from ebay and the guy said he had elec on it already. Well I see tons of people complaining about no signal and well I have the same issue. I tried hooking it up to a Sony tv, Hyundai tv, routing through my xbox and still cannot get signal. Booting to developer mode I get no signal as well and when I hard wire it and check my router I don't see it pulling an IP. I don't have a computer monitor because I just use my laptop and tv's. Anything else I can try?
(2016-06-28, 18:32)daweeze02 Wrote: I just got one of these from ebay and the guy said he had elec on it already. Well I see tons of people complaining about no signal and well I have the same issue. I tried hooking it up to a Sony tv, Hyundai tv, routing through my xbox and still cannot get signal. Booting to developer mode I get no signal as well and when I hard wire it and check my router I don't see it pulling an IP. I don't have a computer monitor because I just use my laptop and tv's. Anything else I can try?
How are you connecting it? Direct HDMI? And how do you know are you booting it in developer mode if there's no signal?
(2016-06-28, 18:38)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2016-06-28, 18:32)daweeze02 Wrote: I just got one of these from ebay and the guy said he had elec on it already. Well I see tons of people complaining about no signal and well I have the same issue. I tried hooking it up to a Sony tv, Hyundai tv, routing through my xbox and still cannot get signal. Booting to developer mode I get no signal as well and when I hard wire it and check my router I don't see it pulling an IP. I don't have a computer monitor because I just use my laptop and tv's. Anything else I can try?
How are you connecting it? Direct HDMI? And how do you know are you booting it in developer mode if there's no signal?

Yes direct HDMI, I don't have that display port adapter. Well I am putting in the paper clip and plugging the power in for it to boot, so I just assume its trying to go to dev mode but since I have no video I honestly don't know
(2016-06-28, 18:41)daweeze02 Wrote: Yes direct HDMI, I don't have that display port adapter. Well I am putting in the paper clip and plugging the power in for it to boot, so I just assume its trying to go to dev mode but since I have no video I honestly don't know

Direct is best, so no issue there. If the firmware has been flashed, then the recovery button won't do anything at all. If not, it would take you to the recovery screen (not dev mode) which is fixed at 1024x768, and is problematic for some TVs. But normal boot should come up in 720p/1080p or whatever the display's native resolution is.

If you're not seeing the device's MAC in the router info, then sounds like it's not booting vs not displaying video. Hard to troubleshoot that without knowing what was done to the box exactly. I'd seek recourse from the seller or ask them to cover shipping to have me evaluate/fix it
Yea I am waiting for his reply, the biggest issue is I now live down in Colombia so I had my mom bring it to me last week while vacationing in Brazil. Trying to find someone here in Colombia with a monitor that supports HDMI is going to be a nightmare hahahaha

The listing

It has been configured to boot directly into Kodi / LibreELEC (Jarvis) v7.0.1. It is no longer running Chrome OS. Works perfectly. Includes power adapter. It is not original but equivalent and works fine.
Here is what he said

I had installed Kodi using this script by Matt Devo ( http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=194362 ). With the custom firmware installed the reset button does not function anymore, it only works with the stock firmware. It should boot directly into Kodi unless escape is pressed during boot, then it should prompt you to boot from USB.

The only time I have had issues with getting no video or a black screen ( and I have a couple running in the house right now) is If I turn on the Chromebox before my audio receiver. You may check that your TV is set to the right input before powering on the unit or even trying a monitor.
I'd get a HDMI/DVI adapter and borrow a friend's monitor, only way to rule out the display as an issue.

and apparently I should be selling my own boxes on ebay ;-)
lol, I'm the seller of the Chromebox. Not sure what the problem could be. I set it up using the standalone option, which I have done several times without issue. It was working fine. If you have any other ideas to solve this problem that would be great. I just noticed you are from Austin. I live just south of there.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
hehehe thanks for the help guys, I will try to head to centro this weekend and see if someone will let me use their computer monitor in exchange for some pesos and see what happens. But I would think between a Sony, Hyundai and a small 24 inch challenger monitor they can't all have this HDMI issue. I mean my nvidia shield and amazon fire tv fire right up so I know for sure it's not the tv or cables. I also tried booting with no ram and got no signal(was hoping an error would cause the signal to kick in), also swapped out the SSD from my HP Mini 200 and still no signal. Also cableant packaged it very very well so I can't imagine it got damaged during transit.
(2016-06-28, 21:54)cableant Wrote: lol, I'm the seller of the Chromebox. Not sure what the problem could be. I set it up using the standalone option, which I have done several times without issue. It was working fine. If you have any other ideas to solve this problem that would be great. I just noticed you are from Austin. I live just south of there.

(2016-06-28, 23:16)daweeze02 Wrote: hehehe thanks for the help guys, I will try to head to centro this weekend and see if someone will let me use their computer monitor in exchange for some pesos and see what happens. But I would think between a Sony, Hyundai and a small 24 inch challenger monitor they can't all have this HDMI issue. I mean my nvidia shield and amazon fire tv fire right up so I know for sure it's not the tv or cables. I also tried booting with no ram and got no signal(was hoping an error would cause the signal to kick in), also swapped out the SSD from my HP Mini 200 and still no signal. Also cableant packaged it very very well so I can't imagine it got damaged during transit.

well, booting without RAM is never, ever going to give you anything, since the firmware can't do much without RAM Smile

I'm at a bit of a loss since I've never been able to reproduce these issues myself. The only time I've seen issues with some 4K TVs, everything else I've tested - be it straight HDMI, DisplayPort, using an adapter of some sort, etc- has worked fine on the half dozen or so displays I have available for testing. I know some people have issues with their AVRs, or powering on before the display is on, but that doesn't sound like the issue here.
(2016-06-29, 03:44)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2016-06-28, 21:54)cableant Wrote: lol, I'm the seller of the Chromebox. Not sure what the problem could be. I set it up using the standalone option, which I have done several times without issue. It was working fine. If you have any other ideas to solve this problem that would be great. I just noticed you are from Austin. I live just south of there.

(2016-06-28, 23:16)daweeze02 Wrote: hehehe thanks for the help guys, I will try to head to centro this weekend and see if someone will let me use their computer monitor in exchange for some pesos and see what happens. But I would think between a Sony, Hyundai and a small 24 inch challenger monitor they can't all have this HDMI issue. I mean my nvidia shield and amazon fire tv fire right up so I know for sure it's not the tv or cables. I also tried booting with no ram and got no signal(was hoping an error would cause the signal to kick in), also swapped out the SSD from my HP Mini 200 and still no signal. Also cableant packaged it very very well so I can't imagine it got damaged during transit.

well, booting without RAM is never, ever going to give you anything, since the firmware can't do much without RAM Smile

I'm at a bit of a loss since I've never been able to reproduce these issues myself. The only time I've seen issues with some 4K TVs, everything else I've tested - be it straight HDMI, DisplayPort, using an adapter of some sort, etc- has worked fine on the half dozen or so displays I have available for testing. I know some people have issues with their AVRs, or powering on before the display is on, but that doesn't sound like the issue here.

I added the RAM back, I just didn't know what else to try. Let's say it was an issue with all my tv's, super rare I know but let's say it was. And I plugged in a keyboard while it booted with no signal, would the num lock etc light up? I ask because I tried and they don't
(2016-06-29, 04:29)daweeze02 Wrote: I added the RAM back, I just didn't know what else to try. Let's say it was an issue with all my tv's, super rare I know but let's say it was. And I plugged in a keyboard while it booted with no signal, would the num lock etc light up? I ask because I tried and they don't

no, num lock isn't enabled by the firmware, it would have to be the OS that would do it. The issue is, if the GPU doesn't think there's a connected display, it halts upon init, so the OS never loads. That's my best guess as to what's happening here
Anyone accept orders to put the newest kodi on My chromebox? I need help and dont want to deal with this anymore.
(2016-06-29, 17:18)spenna316 Wrote: Anyone accept orders to put the newest kodi on My chromebox? I need help and dont want to deal with this anymore.

you should add your general location
(2016-06-29, 17:18)spenna316 Wrote: Anyone accept orders to put the newest kodi on My chromebox? I need help and dont want to deal with this anymore.

can't help if you haven't posted what the problem is, but I do offer box setup / recovery services (as well as pre-configured devices), just drop me a PM or email at [email protected]
  • 448(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37