• 488(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2017-01-08, 21:17)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2017-01-08, 14:43)mxlance Wrote: Thinking of switching from GalliumOS to LibreElec on one or both of my chromeboxes

however I still need to run google chrome or firefox web browser at times.
We subscribe and watch horse racing on various sites.

So the only option I can think of aside from just sticking with Gallium would be to load gallium or LibreElec on an SD card or usb stick and reboot as needed.

Not ideal but I am so impressed with LibreElec on my new pi3 and we only use the the web browser about 25% of the time

Any better ideas?

LibreELEC has the Chromium Browser addon for x86_64 devices, might be worth checking if that's sufficient for your browsing needs.

thank you for the reply. i tried chromium -no go with some of the sites we use.

any other ideas?
(2017-01-08, 22:49)mxlance Wrote: thank you for the reply. i tried chromium -no go with some of the sites we use.

any other ideas?

did you install the extras for DRM content and flash via the addon's settings? If not, try that
(2017-01-08, 22:51)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2017-01-08, 22:49)mxlance Wrote: thank you for the reply. i tried chromium -no go with some of the sites we use.

any other ideas?

did you install the extras for DRM content and flash via the addon's settings? If not, try that

Are those available to install with libreelec? I did not think so.

edit- sorry i forgot about these being extras installed within the browser. i will give that a try again. not sure if i tried it the first time.
thanks again
If not, give us an example of a site that doesn't work for you.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
thanks for the help
i hope to test this in a day or two and will get back to you.
I'm trying to update LibreELEC from 7.0.3 to 7.90.010, but when I restart my Chrome Box and it gets to "Checking Size", it says "Failed." "Your system (FAT) partition is too small for this update, and there is not enough space for the update to be installed! You must re-install your system using the disk image of a current release, or you must re-size your existing partitions so that the System (FAT) partition is at least 512 MB in size." Then it re-boots back to 7.0.3. I used the generic x86 update. I've never had any issues updating before. Am I doing something wrong or is this typical and I have to adjust something? Thank you.
(2017-01-09, 20:02)met_fan Wrote: I'm trying to update LibreELEC from 7.0.3 to 7.90.010, but when I restart my Chrome Box and it gets to "Checking Size", it says "Failed." "Your system (FAT) partition is too small for this update, and there is not enough space for the update to be installed! You must re-install your system using the disk image of a current release, or you must re-size your existing partitions so that the System (FAT) partition is at least 512 MB in size." Then it re-boots back to 7.0.3. I used the generic x86 update. I've never had any issues updating before. Am I doing something wrong or is this typical and I have to adjust something? Thank you.
the error msg is pretty self explanatory, and LE has further information on their site.
(2017-01-09, 20:02)met_fan Wrote: I'm trying to update LibreELEC from 7.0.3 to 7.90.010, but when I restart my Chrome Box and it gets to "Checking Size", it says "Failed." "Your system (FAT) partition is too small for this update, and there is not enough space for the update to be installed! You must re-install your system using the disk image of a current release, or you must re-size your existing partitions so that the System (FAT) partition is at least 512 MB in size." Then it re-boots back to 7.0.3. I used the generic x86 update. I've never had any issues updating before. Am I doing something wrong or is this typical and I have to adjust something? Thank you.

yeah, I updated from OpenElec and since I knew the partition size could be an issue (its mentioned in the wiki, etc) I decided to do a fresh install of LibreElec by creating a Live USB of GalliumOS and running the E-Z script from there. I am thinking you are still using a filesystem created by a previous installation of OpenElec or something else, so you'd have to do something similar.
You don't need to use the script to do a fresh install. Just boot from a libreelec install usb stick.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-01-09, 20:58)nickr Wrote: You don't need to use the script to do a fresh install. Just boot from a libreelec install usb stick.

That will allow me to increase the partition size? I made an install usb stick with the LibreELEC USB-SD Creator app. How do I boot to that stick? Simply restarting the box with the usb stick inserted results in a normal boot. I made the stick with the 7.0.3 version, thinking I had to make the adjustments with that version first and then upgrade to the newer version.
(2017-01-09, 20:26)bigcat400 Wrote:

yeah, I updated from OpenElec and since I knew the partition size could be an issue (its mentioned in the wiki, etc) I decided to do a fresh install of LibreElec by creating a Live USB of GalliumOS and running the E-Z script from there. I am thinking you are still using a filesystem created by a previous installation of OpenElec or something else, so you'd have to do something similar.
When we talk about a fresh install, is this what we're talking about? http://kodi.wiki/view/chromebox
(2017-01-09, 21:33)met_fan Wrote: When we talk about a fresh install, is this what we're talking about? http://kodi.wiki/view/chromebox

the majority of info there isn't applicable since you've already flashed the standalone firmware. Just boot the USB installer by pressing ESC when prompted, then select the USB from the boot menu (#2).
(2017-01-09, 21:37)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2017-01-09, 21:33)met_fan Wrote: When we talk about a fresh install, is this what we're talking about? http://kodi.wiki/view/chromebox

the majority of info there isn't applicable since you've already flashed the standalone firmware. Just boot the USB installer by pressing ESC when prompted, then select the USB from the boot menu (#2).
Thanks to all...I got it to update successfully.
(2017-01-09, 01:15)nickr Wrote: If not, give us an example of a site that doesn't work for you.

A quick update
Tried chromium addon version 8.1.106 and version 8.1.104 in libreElec 7.90.010, clean install today.
Flash is not working at all
configure: default settings also tried turning on and off other settings-no go.
actions: ran netflix and flashplayer support

I just asked about it in the LibreElec forum.
not off to a good start my be staying with gallium after all
Thanks for your help
To the best of my recollection press ESC on startup.
  • 488(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37