• 532(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2019-02-05, 03:59)Leclair Wrote: This is the only option I get as an install location.

<snip>

After the install is completed, it asks me to remove the installer media and reboot. 

After the 1st reboot, it boots to the shell screen. When I type 'exit' and go to 'boot from file', the internal hard drive is not even listed. 

After a 2nd reboot, again to the shell, this time when I go to 'boot from file', the internal hard drive is there, but empty, no files. 

that's just bizarre, I've never seen anything like that. If there were a problem with the SSD, I'd expect the install to fail, but it's not.

I guess at this point, 2 options: 1) swap in another SSD, 2) revert to older Legacy Boot firmware and see if that works
(2019-02-05, 15:46)Rrrr Wrote: I've updated my previous message with corrections after gaining more experience (many hours!): I hope my mistakes will help others avoid this waste of time.
My Chromeos storage manager showed only 1.1GB free, so that's why the Chromebook Recovery Utility (CRU) could not write the image to the USB flash drive.
Using the CRU on a W10 machine worked for me now for all USB flash drives.
...just had to wait much longer letting the CRU write several partitions to the USB flash drive.
the drive showing 1.1GB free shouldn't be a factor. The Chromebook recovery utility writes an image to the USB, complete with partition layout and data. It doesn't care what if anything is on the drive, what format, etc. All that matters is that the drive capacity is large enough to support he image being written.

Quote:The sun is shining today.
I reset the partitions: Chromeos showed 10GB (why not 16GB?) before I reinstalled the dual boot with LibreElec (LE).
I gave 6GB to LE, 4GB to Chromeos.

Thank you so much for your quick and precise comments. It helped me persist. 

ChromeOS itself reserves 6-10GB for the OS depending on version, model, etc. 10GB is what is available to the user. The recommendation of partition size from the EZ Setup script takes this into account.
Quote:the drive showing 1.1GB free shouldn't be a factor. The Chromebook recovery utility writes an image to the USB, complete with partition layout and data. It doesn't care what if anything is on the drive, what format, etc. All that matters is that the drive capacity is large enough to support he image being written.
Understood, but when the utility downloaded the image on the Asus, I received a notification from storage manager. I could literally see the space shrinking in the process. 
Anyway, the approach with the W10 machine worked as well. Thanks.
KODI: LibreElec on Raspberry Pi
KODI: LibreElec on Asus Chromebox

Hi all when i was trying to run the EZ script it fails to install LibreElec because of insufficient space. I totally forgot to reset kodi to factory defaults and now my partition is too big to run the script up to 100%.  LibreElec fails to boot  now! Please can somebody help me to recover my partition and to rerun the script? Many thanks in advance!
(2019-02-05, 23:31)Ciler Wrote: Hi all when i was trying to run the EZ script it fails to install LibreElec because of insufficient space. I totally forgot to reset kodi to factory defaults and now my partition is too big to run the script up to 100%.  LibreElec fails to boot  now! Please can somebody help me to recover my partition and to rerun the script? Many thanks in advance!
 Just use ChromeOS recovery then restart the process from the beginning. As documented on the wiki Smile
I am able to boot in chrome os but not in LibreElec!
(2019-02-05, 23:45)Ciler Wrote: I am able to boot in chrome os but not in LibreElec!
I'm not seeing how that prevents you from following my instructions
(2019-02-05, 17:58)Matt Devo Wrote: that's just bizarre, I've never seen anything like that. If there were a problem with the SSD, I'd expect the install to fail, but it's not.

I guess at this point, 2 options: 1) swap in another SSD, 2) revert to older Legacy Boot firmware and see if that works 
 I will try reverting to the older Legacy Boot firmware. Does that mean I'm following #7 from your Chromebox Wiki? Resetting to Stock?

Thanks for all your help thus far.
(2019-02-06, 03:03)Leclair Wrote: I will try reverting to the older Legacy Boot firmware. Does that mean I'm following #7 from your Chromebox Wiki? Resetting to Stock?

Thanks for all your help thus far. 
 No, much easier:
* boot Linux USB
* run my Firmware Utility Script
* type uppercase U, then enter to "unlock" all functions
* option 3 to update the firmware
* choose L for legacy when prompted, N for headless and PXE. USB/SSD is your preference

then reboot and reinstall LE
(2019-02-06, 04:24)Matt Devo Wrote:  No, much easier:
* boot Linux USB
* run my Firmware Utility Script
* type uppercase U, then enter to "unlock" all functions
* option 3 to update the firmware
* choose L for legacy when prompted, N for headless and PXE. USB/SSD is your preference

then reboot and reinstall LE 
Legacy firmware installed no problem. Reinstalled LE, everything went fine as before. 

Rebooted, and I get this:

I guess I'm replacing the SSD?
(2019-02-06, 06:49)Leclair Wrote: I guess I'm replacing the SSD?

yeah, and I'd go back to the UEFI firmware too
To the folks who have had success with adding the pci=nomsi command line in my syslinux.cfg for a Chromebox, I am having no luck (I've tried it as pci=nomsi, 'pci=nomsi', "pci-nomsi").  The problem is that each time I add the parameter using nano and LE reboots, it thinks it is a new installation and I have to go through the setup wizard again - thus not taking effect.  Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

I followed the steps from the Kodi Wiki...
ssh root@<ip address>
<enter password, default is 'libreelec'>
mount -o remount,rw /dev/sda1 /flash
(Note: use /dev/sda6 for dual-boot setups)
nano /flash/syslinux.cfg
(Note: may be 'extlinux.conf' on some setups)
<add ' pci=nomsi' after 'quiet'>
<save and quit: CTRL+o CTRL+x>
reboot
(2019-02-07, 04:06)declare01 Wrote: The problem is that each time I add the parameter using nano and LE reboots, it thinks it is a new installation and I have to go through the setup wizard again - thus not taking effect. 
that doesn't make sense, the first-run wizard has nothing to do with that config file / doesn't write to it (it's normally read-only, remember?)

I suspect you aren't adding the pci=nomsi parameter correctly; you don't add the single quotes. post the config file on pastebin (cat /flash/syslinux.cfg | pastebinit) and provide the URL so I can see what's going on
It sure doesn't make sense to me - I had done some configurations in Kodi normally and got things setup properly.. then I found this workaround.  I edited the file and it wiped out my Kodi settings and started the wizard again on reboot (as mentioned, I tried it numerous different ways, all the same result)

Anyway, here is the Pastebin you asked for - https://pastebin.com/kRB5q22L
(2019-02-07, 04:19)declare01 Wrote: It sure doesn't make sense to me - I had done some configurations in Kodi normally and got things setup properly.. then I found this workaround.  I edited the file and it wiped out my Kodi settings and started the wizard again on reboot (as mentioned, I tried it numerous different ways, all the same result)

Anyway, here is the Pastebin you asked for - https://pastebin.com/kRB5q22L
 looks you need to edit /flash/EFI/BOOT/syslinux.cfg instead
  • 532(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37