(Gotham) can no longer delete from context menu?
Am I missing something, or has the option to delete file been removed from the context (right click) menu in Gotham? Also, I no longer see the option to bring up a menu when I hit "ok" instead of just playing. I did just do a reinstall and was previously running Frodo, so I guess it's possible that there's a setting I need to change?
File deletion is off by default. To turn it on go to XBMC -> Settings -> Appearance -> File lists -> allow file deletion.
I have that setting turned on, I can delete a file, but when I update library, it shows again (is not deleted physically). Anyone else has this problem ?
reFocus - Simply the best
The Debug Log may say something when you delete something from your library. Note you'll get multiple prompts in that case - one to remove from library, the second to confirm that you want to delete the files.

If you don't get the second prompt, it's probably due to it being on a read-only network, or that you don't have the above setting enabled.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thank you, Ned!
(2014-05-10, 00:44)jmarshall Wrote: The Debug Log may say something when you delete something from your library. Note you'll get multiple prompts in that case - one to remove from library, the second to confirm that you want to delete the files.

If you don't get the second prompt, it's probably due to it being on a read-only network, or that you don't have the above setting enabled.

Yes, I get multiple prompts, files are on a local hdd (Windows 7) and "allow file renaming and deletion" is checked. This is in the log:

08:48:53 T:5260 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
08:49:17 T:4168 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 5 times.
08:49:17 T:4168 ERROR: XFILE::CFile:Big Grinelete - Error deleting file E:\Movies\my_movie.mkv
08:49:17 T:5100 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
08:49:23 T:4168 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 2 times.
reFocus - Simply the best
hi

XBMC -> Settings -> Appearance -> File lists -> allow file deletion is missing from my menu. How do I go about activating it?

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(Gotham) can no longer delete from context menu?0