Cannot install any add ons
No offense, you are not really offering much in the realm of actual solutions (I mean really? I need a VPN to make XBMC Addons work correctly?). I appreciate your attempts at help, but let's agree you and I do not have anything remotely in common. I would like an XBMC that does not require a VPN to work, and considering I have 107mb internet and do not have any other issues (NONE whatsoever), and a fresh install of Win 8.1... Thanks but I need XBMC to work without a VPN nor a insanely complicated network config... Any way's as stated before, us going back and forth doesn't help resolve the "actual" issue. (issue did not exist in XBMC beta 3)....
PS.... Since this is such an "easy" fix for us "users", please be so kind as to point out the error that we have done between the latest beta (which worked fine) and the " final " release. Smile

Hey I am just a dumb user please help! Smile
Looks like a mirrors issue. Working fine here. You could use your browser or wget to download the zip then install from zip.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-05-09, 06:08)ap90033 Wrote: No offense, you are not really offering much in the realm of actual solutions (I mean really? I need a VPN to make XBMC Addons work correctly?). I appreciate your attempts at help, but let's agree you and I do not have anything remotely in common. I would like an XBMC that does not require a VPN to work, and considering I have 107mb internet and do not have any other issues (NONE whatsoever), and a fresh install of Win 8.1... Thanks but I need XBMC to work without a VPN nor a insanely complicated network config... Any way's as stated before, us going back and forth doesn't help resolve the "actual" issue. (issue did not exist in XBMC beta 3)....

Yes I know that's not a solution, its a method to work out what exactly the problem is, ie troubleshooting - isnt that a staple of the IT field? Isolating the problem helps more that bitching and moaning about it. As I've said before it looks like a mirror is down, and until the issue is resolved I don't think there's much end users can do, bar using a VPN, installing manually, moving to another country or just waiting it out. Have you gone back to beta3 to see if it works or are you just assuming its only in 13 final? Thats a rhetorical question btw...

In response to your PM, what do you expect after big-noting yourself, telling everyone that there would be severe punishment for something like this in a corporate environment and that people behind xbmc should take more care in releasing it, all while you obviously had no idea about what you were talking about. Even after I told you where to troubleshoot your problem you told me I dont understand the issue at hand...

No offense, but I really feel sorry for the suckers that hired you to work in their IT department. Good on you, though.
FYI the files downloaded, I see them in the add ons folder. I have tried to install from zip but that is not working (which I thought would indicate some other issue than "mirrors down" but what do I know I am a dumb user Smile ). I was not trying to come off as a big shot in any way. I do work in IT and assume you do to. I was simply trying to make a simple point to which I feel you blew WAY out of proportion. If I hurt your feelings or offended you, I am sorry. If I came off a bit harsh again, I am sorry. I truly hope we can move past this little back and forth. Thanks.

PS, slamming me and inferring I suck at IT does not help the situation. I am actually a pretty good guy Big Grin

(2014-05-09, 07:03)nickr Wrote: Looks like a mirrors issue. Working fine here. You could use your browser or wget to download the zip then install from zip.
Thanks for the response! I have tried to install a file from zip and that does not appear to work. Smile
if manual zip isn't working either then there an issue with the userdata location where they are stored
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Teedub when you say:
"No offense, but I really feel sorry for the suckers that hired you to work in their IT department. Good on you, though."

You sound like you are trying to offend. I am good at my job and take pride in it. You do not know me at all and I would appreciate it if you would keep this to XBMC stuff and leave my character and who I am out of it. Thanks.

(2014-05-09, 13:52)Martijn Wrote: if manual zip isn't working either then there an issue with the userdata location where they are stored

Any suggestions? Thanks!
Seems to be working on my end now. :)
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
Same here. Weird how it wasn't installing from zip and now it is.

Hope "some people" wake up a little less grouchy here!
I am still having issues installing skin.

I thought doing a force refresh on the repository fixed it but i was wrong. skins will download to 95 percent then stop
(2014-05-09, 14:14)bobrap Wrote: Seems to be working on my end now. Smile

Spoke too soon.ConfusedSad Seems it's hit or miss on different servers/mirrors?

Disregard this...couldn't delete it.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
Interestingly enough, On my other XBMC installs everything installs fine.

It is only on the new fresh install I did that I can not install any addons.
Maybe there is some bug where a new install doesn't set permissions properly on the addons or userdata/addondata directory? Just a guess.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot install any add ons0