Run from usb
does anyone know if there is a tutorial and how i can install xbmc onto a usb drive and run the program from there .. i want to use a laptop without loading windows and boot directly from the usb drive .. i want to use xbmc gotham and don't want to install linux .. i seem to remember reading how to but i can not for the life of me find the web site again ,, anyone that can help i would appreciate it
(2014-05-11, 05:51)eclipseStorm Wrote: does anyone know if there is a tutorial and how i can install xbmc onto a usb drive and run the program from there .. i want to use a laptop without loading windows and boot directly from the usb drive .. i want to use xbmc gotham and don't want to install linux .. i seem to remember reading how to but i can not for the life of me find the web site again ,, anyone that can help i would appreciate it

http://openelec.tv/
i know where to get the program, what i am looking for is a way to run the full program from the usb drive, not from the pc drive .. i want to ba able to take the program wherever i go. i assume there is a boot program, or something i need to do to make this a possibility
(2014-05-11, 06:54)eclipseStorm Wrote: i know where to get the program, what i am looking for is a way to run the full program from the usb drive, not from the pc drive .. i want to ba able to take the program wherever i go. i assume there is a boot program, or something i need to do to make this a possibility

http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/HOW-TO...g_OpenELEC
OpenELEC is made for booting from USB drive. So you can just follow the Wiki.

Sounds like you want to DUAL BOOT. In other words, have the choice to run Windows or OpenELEC. You can google DUAL BOOT WINDOWS OPENELEC for some details.... or you might try this simpler approach;

1) Create an OpenELEC install flash drive
2) Change your BIOS to boot from USB drive. Set boot order with USB as primary, HDD as secondary boot drive.
3) Install OpenELEC on target flash drive (per wiki)

If you boot with USB drive in place, you should boot to OE.
If you boot with USB drive removed, you should boot to Windows.

Take extra care not to install to HDD by mistake. Shouldn't be a problem, but a safe option would be to temporarily remove the HDD while installing OE.
thank you whitebelly this is what i was trying to ask

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Run from usb0