Weird / unlogical fault? Re. teletext in *.ts files
Hi all,

I'm a new user to XBMC and also to the forum. Got into XBMC by a friend since looking around for the "ultimate" MC to be used in my HTPC project. And it sure look promising!
All thou I stumbled into this weird behaviour when last night fiddling about and testing different settings,what files can be used etc, etc.

Hope someone here on the forum can help me solve it? Have XBMC FRODO V.12.3.0.0 installed on a win XP pro machine.
Please be constructive and don't start with "why do you use old OS blahdida, blahdida" conversation!
I've my good reasons of still using XP.

I've tons of *.ts files recorded with a satellite box (DM800) and my problem and weird thing is that when playing HD stuff the teletext, ie subtitles, appears without problem but with the non HD files it does not!....

I suppose there is nothing wrong with the files? since when playing them in VLC or for that matter on the satellite box there is no problem activating the teletext. I've looked in the "settings" page, ie clicking on the speaker icon, and in the HD files there is a option of changing subtitles but in the non HD this option doesn't appear.

Any help if this can, or is possible to be solved is much appreciated. A plugin maybe? Or perhaps another version of XBMC?

This function is crucial for me and if it's not possible with XBMC any user who knows of any other media center that this is possible,please point me to it. // cheers
I suspect the issue is in the .TS container (transport stream, which is a media container format. It may contain a number of streams of audio or video content multiplexed within the transport stream) demultiplexed into its constituent streams. There's probably only one teletext stream for all resolutions, and from the sounds of it,VLC handles this without issue, so it would appear that XBMC player doesn't make the connection for the lores streams for some reason (this might be just a matter of waiting for the next iteration of XBMC to incorporate the latest video software which is one gen behind VLC but uses the same engine. Or you could strip the container out and re-mux (try mkvmerge) with the teletext. Another work around would be to use VLC as your external TS player inside XBMC.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=162888

I'll end with "why do you use old OS blahdida, blahdida" conversation!
> PatK, Yours ; "I'll end with "why do you use old OS blahdida, blahdida" conversation! " was a good one, mate. Made me LOL :-)
Thanks a lot for your answer and thread link. Just read the thread, looks really interesting. Doesn't seem to be too complicated and hopefully I'll manage to try it when I've better time. All thou it's sad that one need to use an external player?
Really don't understand most of all the other stuff you're talking about. I'm a newbie.

Main reason for XP is compability problems with a external pro DAC / soundcard I use.
Also I'm a believer of the "don't try to fix what works" philosophy ;-), and XP works just fine for my needs. For now that is :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weird / unlogical fault? Re. teletext in *.ts files0