Req Pressing the subtitle button of the TV remote should download the subs
Pressing the subtitles button that (almost all) TV remote controls have, and if there is no internal/external subtitle already loaded, XBMC should download the movies or tv show's subtitles using the subtitles service.
If this can't be a default behavior at least give us the option to toggle it on/off.

Please don't confuse this issue with the other "automatically download subtitles" threads, they are can be fixed with the "used the subtitles OSD button" while this focuses on the TV remote's button.

For the record my TV is a Sony Bravia (I hope, this is not actually a incompatibility issue where the remote control should behave that way but doesn't).
You mean the teletext button? If not, enable debugging (see debug log (wiki)) and brews the button on your remote, which will record that button press in the log, and then post us a link to the log file.
Should the teletext button handle the subs? doesn't seem to work for me.

I was actually in the process of exactly that, searching the keyname of that button.
I'm honestly not sure on the details of teletext usage (I know it can be used for subs, though), since I'm from the US :)

In any case, the request sounds logical. Once we know what button it is then we can see if it was simply just overlooked or not.
I've pressed the key and it seems like this is what it reveals when watching the .log file via `tail -f`:

Code:
03:56:21 T:2942301248   DEBUG: CecLogMessage - >> 01:44:51
03:56:21 T:2942301248   DEBUG: CecLogMessage - >> TV (0) -> Recorder 1 (1): user control pressed (44)
03:56:21 T:2942301248   DEBUG: CecLogMessage - key pressed: sub picture (51)
03:56:21 T:2942301248   DEBUG: PushCecKeypress - received key 2c duration 0
03:56:21 T:3036619408   DEBUG: OnKey: comma (0x2c) pressed, action is
03:56:21 T:2942301248   DEBUG: CecLogMessage - >> 01:8b:51
03:56:21 T:2942301248   DEBUG: CecLogMessage - >> TV (0) -> Recorder 1 (1): vendor remote button up (8B)
03:56:21 T:2942301248   DEBUG: CecLogMessage - key released: sub picture (51)
03:56:21 T:2942301248   DEBUG: PushCecKeypress - received key 2c duration 167

(I believe that means no action is bound to that key)

I've also tried to create a remote.xml file that looks like this (haven't tested it though yet):

Code:
<keymap>
        <global>
                <remote>
                        <key id="0x2c">subtitle</key>
                </remote>
        </global>
</keymap>

Is this how it's supposed to be?

ps: I've also tried to grab the teletext button's logs but it doesn't seem to output anything, I guess the TV grabs the keystroke and doesn't announce(?) it to XBMC?
That or maybe <sub picture>.
What should the action name be? I can't seem to find it. I'm currently searching this list

(sorry for the nagging but I'm a complete newbie on XBMC and I'm not sure what is what, I'm just reading the wiki and trying stuff out).

I've tried in that list (including ActivateWindow(subtitlesearch) and nothing seems to work), they all trigger the NextSubtitle action (which does nothing)

Code:
DEBUG: OnKey: comma (0x2c) pressed, action is NextSubtitle
ActivateWindow(subtitlesearch) should be the one. *shrug*
Well, that's weird...
Is this a bug? Or was this not intended to work that way?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pressing the subtitle button of the TV remote should download the subs0