Linux Gotham 13.0 audio issues - losing audio after pause
I have an issue with my setup, could someone help me out?

First the setup:

xbmc box running spdif passthrough to receiver. Mostly works like a charm with no real hassle. Although, after pausing, the sound might or might not go away. I have no idea why and a side effect of this, apart from not hearing anything, is that I cannot load any addons nor can I through the interface reboot the device. If I try, it sort of just hangs there. It seems to be shutting down, but never kills the GUI (although the RSS feed stops moving) and the device never shuts down.

Currently using:
2:13.0~git20140506.0839-gotham-0precise

DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
DISTRIB_RELEASE=12.04
DISTRIB_CODENAME=precise
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 12.04 LTS"

Linux 3.2.0-24-generic #37-Ubuntu SMP Wed Apr 25 08:43:22 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

So I'm taking a few logs and saving them, trying to read to see if I can understand anything and I find some reference to the "CActiveAESink::OpenSink" lines which seem to have to do with audio. I check them all and they mostly look like this:

Code:
DEBUG: CActiveAESink::OpenSink - trying to open device ALSA:iec958:CARD=Intel,DEV=0

But then I find one that looks like this:

Code:
DEBUG: CActiveAESink::OpenSink - open NULL sink

which makes it revert to:

Code:
DEBUG:   Output Device : Default (HDA Intel ALC892 Analog)

and I'm pretty sure that's not what I really want. I want it to be passthrough like so:

Code:
DEBUG:   Output Device : HDA Intel

Now, what would make this issue appear? Have I made some error in the setup? Because when it works, it works and no issues what so ever ... And I never had this issue before with either Frodo or Gotham (unstable pre-RC) ... Should I update to 13.1 beta 2, because this is already solved? Please help!

I've attached one complete log for you, I have more if you're intrested. Appreciate any help on this subject.

xbmc log here
snippet log here (my guess for important bits of the log, everything in here is in the above one as well)

If I missed any important detail, please ask for it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham 13.0 audio issues - losing audio after pause0