Recently added movies not updated
Hi,

I'm using openelec 4.0.2 with xbmc Gotham with Confluence skin on a RPi 512MB.

My problem is this: when adding movies, the newly added ones do not show up on the upper half of the screen. They are identified correctly by the scraper and show up in the movie collection. Every now and then a movie is shown under Recently added just to annoy me. I haven't found a pattern in which movie is shown. From the last added batch (Elysium, Exam, The Human Race and The Guard) only The Human Race is shown.

I hope I could describe my problem in an understandable way. Any input as to why my XBMC behaves this way is appreciated.

Regards,
benjonfin
When did you add these movies to your filesystem (not when they were added to XBMC)?

By default, the "dateadded" field is taken from the file modification date of the movies NOT the date they added to your XBMC library. So if you ripped these movies two months ago, even if you add them to XBMC today they will appeat to have been added to your library two months ago and therefore may not appear in "recently added" because, well, they're not recently added. Smile

dateadded. You need to change the default setting if you want to change the dateadded behaviour, but I think this requires a library rebuild (it doesn't apply retrospectively).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi,

this would explain it. I'll change the timestamp on the files and check if they show up afterwards.

Any idea if the touch command from Linux works on a NTFS formatted harddisk? Nevermind, I'll check that too Big Grin

Regards,
benjonfin
Thumbs Up 
Works like a charm. Thank you very much.

Thread can be closed.
I have a similar issue, but timestamps on files isn't the issue. rPI2.arm 5.0.8 + Amber Skin, storage on a NAS. Kodi 14.2GIT: 7CC53A9

In openelec, browsing through videos > files shows the new movies and creating a smart playlist (where path contains "Sci-Fi", for example) shows the new files, but recently added just doesn't want to work

On a Ubuntu 14.04 laptop, Kodi 15.1 + Amber skin works fine with recently added movies.
Hi all, having the same issue. Recently moved my library into Android Kodi. All recently added movies until the export in PC were working fine. New ones added directly on Android are not listed in the menu. How can I solve this? I don't want to make a cleaned and have to add covers and artwork for all. Thanks
@Grippen - My issue was with the time set on the rPI - it was essentially wrong (read: default) and the movies i subsequently added were lost in the normal "Movies" area and never appeared in recenty added. Once I set the time correctly in XBMC recently added worked as expected
Checked the "dateadded" field that is stored in the Kodi media library of the items that aren't appearing in recently added.

You'll need to look this up using SQL from the MyVideos database, or by querying the movie metadata with JSON (see sig):
Code:
texturecache.py Jd movies @extrajson.movies=dateadded @xbmc.host=<android_ip_address> <name of movie>

The default "dateadded" is the modification timestamp of the movie file, though this can be changed to the system time when the movies are added to the library so if your system clock (or the file timestamps) are wrong, the "recently added" widget will be wrong.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Ok thanks guys problem is I have not idea what you're talking about. Which file or files should I check and how to check them? I never messed around with Kodi files and I don't want to screw things up even more.

Can you tell me which file may be creating this problem? I could upload it so that some of you could check what is the problem?

One more thing if my system time is correct and I add a new file to my NAS with timestamp date from today and then Add it to Kodi Library, shouldn't at least that one appear? It seems that any new movie or episode that I add from now on just doesn't show up. For that to happen system time/date or Kodi should be very ahead of time isn't it?

As far as I can tell Kodi uses the timestamp of the files, i.e., date/time of file creation isn't it? I may have to check my timestamps. Maybe the problem is there. Theoretically if I change them all say to today they should appear right?

Thanks
(2016-01-26, 10:26)Grippen Wrote: Can you tell me which file may be creating this problem? I could upload it so that some of you could check what is the problem?

No point uploading anything if the timestamp of the file is the problem - this is in your file system, it's not in the file itself.

Knowing what date Kodi has used would be helpful, you can get this from the database.

(2016-01-26, 10:26)Grippen Wrote: Theoretically if I change them all say to today they should appear right?

In theory, yes. Maybe upload a debug log (wiki) of you scraping such a file if you aren't able to query your library.
Ok let me try and change the timestamps today and see what happens. I will return later with the result Smile
Fixed. It was definitely the timestamps on the files. Changed all the affected files to yesterday, refreshed them and there you go, they are in the recently added now.

Thanks
(2014-05-21, 18:25)Milhouse Wrote: When did you add these movies to your filesystem (not when they were added to XBMC)?

By default, the "dateadded" field is taken from the file modification date of the movies NOT the date they added to your XBMC library. So if you ripped these movies two months ago, even if you add them to XBMC today they will appeat to have been added to your library two months ago and therefore may not appear in "recently added" because, well, they're not recently added. Smile

dateadded. You need to change the default setting if you want to change the dateadded behaviour, but I think this requires a library rebuild (it doesn't apply retrospectively).

hi,
works like a charm for me on my raspberry and movies show now up in recently added when i copy them (<dateadded>0</dateadded>).

now i tried this with windows and it doesn't work. noticable is, that the userdata folder from kodi in windows looks different form the one on my raspberry. on the raspberry are more folder and files. in windows there are onlay iOS folder and rssfeeeds.xml.

anyone a tipp?

edit:
okay. there are different locations for the userdata folder. now it's working for me Blush
For those who wants to change the file modification date on a windows file, just use this simple (and fast) command line syntax:
copy filename.ext +,,

This will NOT copy the file itself, it only change the modification date to the actual date and time. Replace filename.ext with your actual filename and extension.
Source: https://superuser.com/questions/10426/wi...mand-touch
Hi

After fixing several media file names so the scraper now adds them to Kodi, they never show up in "Recently Added".

From an earlier response "The default "dateadded" is the modification timestamp of the movie file, though this can be changed to the system time when the movies are added to the library", it seems that "Recently Added" actually means "Recent Content"!

Does anyone know how to change it as per the above so that it actually reflects the library addition time?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recently added movies not updated0