What to do when XBMC doesn't recognise a TV episode?
One little "annoyance" with XBMC is that if it doesn't recognise a specific show via the scraper, it doesn't display it exists at all in the library.

So, my specific example is that I have two seasons of the Royle Family, and the 1999 Christmas special. The special was actually the seventh episode on the season two DVD, but isn't actually part of season two (so using S02E07 won't work).

If I look on TVDB it lists the special but there is no episode data, just Christmas Special 1999, like so: http://thetvdb.com/?tab=episode&seriesid...9524&lid=7

So basically I've got that one episode in my Season Two folder on my NAS, but XBMC doesn't show it as being there because it can't scrape the data about the show... any thoughts on this? I imagine one-off/irregular specials are a bit problematic...

If nothing else, I'd like XBMC to show me that the file is there, even if it can't do the fancy stuff like naming it etc...

Am I missing something/have I done something wrong?
Specials are normally shown in XBMC as season 00 and for the specials look at which one it is. It could actually be the first special so it would be S00E01. Should work that way.
S00E01

Which will be the first Special episode. It has metadata that should place it before/after the correct normal episodes. It won't matter which folder it is in.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What to do when XBMC doesn't recognise a TV episode?0