No more 5.1 over SPDIF with Gotham ? (alsa)
I recently upgrade my XBMC installation to Gotham and I can't make 5.1 sound play on my Amp there is sound but only 2 channels

My amp is connected to my XBMC box through Optical/SPDIF connection.
Nothing has change on my audio setup, the movie played are the same.

When I select SPDIF output on XBMC (HDA Intel PCH, ALC892 Digital S/PDIF) my amp always play stereo.

My XBMC box is dedicated to XBMC, it is under Ubuntu 12.04 headless (no gnome, xfce, or other), the sound is managed with ALSA (no Pulse Audio)

On a old (2012) Ubuntu forum thread I saw this :
Quote:S/PDIF only supports raw PCM stereo up to 96KHz 24bit, some pro gear accepts 192KHz 24bit.
Multi-channel audio over S/PDIF must be matrix encoded AC3/DTS datastream (not raw audio).

But why was it working before Gotham upgrade?

Thanks a lot for any suggestion (solution ?)
You used AC3 passthrough in 12.04 ... so enable the same in gotham. See the gotham FAQ.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...ings_go.3F <- see here.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Wouah quick and perfect answer.

This level settings is new in Gotham ?
I didn't seen it before, plus my theme (Aeon MQ3) didn't display this button (or I didn't find it) I had to switch to confluence then re-switch after...

Many, many thanks (great piece of software and great community)
(2014-05-24, 09:43)AvionDandy Wrote: I didn't seen it before, plus my theme (Aeon MQ3) didn't display this button (or I didn't find it) I had to switch to confluence then re-switch after...

Many, many thanks (great piece of software and great community)

MQ3 is in now way even Gotham compatible any more
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I just install Aeon MQ5, the button is not available also.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No more 5.1 over SPDIF with Gotham ? (alsa)0