XBMC is no more starting after update to 13.0-1.1 Gotham
Since many month I wait for recording a TV movie with XBMC and TVHEADEND, but after XBMC update today from 12.3 Frodo to 13.0-1.1 Gotham from packman repository on openSUSE 12.3, kernel 3.7.10-1.32, 32 bit, XBMC does no more start. In konsole I got the following error message: "/usr/bin/xbmc/xbmc.bin: relocation error: /urs/lib/libavfilter.so.4: symbol av_frame_copy, version LIBAVUTIL_52 not defined in file libavutil.so.52 with link time reference".
With 12.3 Frodo all was good, but now I'm very disapoited about this failure. How can I solve the problem and what does the error message mean?

libavfilter.so.4 points to libavfilter.so.4.2.100
libavutil.so.52 points to libavutil.so.52.48.101

With the XBMC update there where also some other openSuSE updates, also a kernel update done.

I tried already to uninstall XBMC 13.0 and wanted to reinstall 12.3 Frodo, but this package version is no more available on XBMC download section and also no more in packman repository. To find a 12.3 RPM elsewhere did also fail.

Addtional I tried to build xbmc 12.3 from source, but. /configure process is missing a library.

hfsalsa
Yeah most likely a broken patched opensuse package with "we know all better and external libav" - ask the suse guys to fix that.

For the source builds:

For 12.3: It's not maintained anymore and miss "a library" ... come on ... crystal ball is out of action
For 13.0 provide the output of configure / bootstrap in a pastebin
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Could solve issue. Have to use libavfilter from packman repository, but VLC installed its own one, which cause the error.
VLC delivers new updates, which contains a new libavfilter, this solves issue finally.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC is no more starting after update to 13.0-1.1 Gotham0