13.1 Beta 2 shows as 13.0 Beta 2
I am running Gentoo Linux and made a local Portage tree and been playing with several versions so far.
Mostly working fine.

Today I got 13.1 Beta 2 compiled, and it did pull xbmc-13.1_beta2.tar.gz as part of the Manifest, but after compiling XBMC shows in it's System Info screen as 13.0 Beta 2.
Is this known to be some kind of bug, or did something else on my part go wrong?

Emerge shows 13.1_beta2 is installed...
If you grabbed the tag:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/tree/13.1b2-Gotham

then it will contain 13.1 Beta 2 in system information.

Just to keep you on your toes, RC1 will be tagged shortly. No changes from B2 other than we build release and update the version number.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Why the inconsistency in tags so much? There was something like that from 13.0 beta to beta 2 as well iirc.
What do you think?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
No naming convention?
Think again :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Well without talking to Martijn yet - i guess we finally have a new naming convention now maybe? Big Grin
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
hahaha Rofl

well with the "old" one it was "Gotham-beta1" for the 13.0 betas.
So without thinking i made it "13.1b1-Gotham" forgetting about how we previously tagged.
Other part was, that I still had the naming convention in my mind which we use for the file names and code bumps, hence i tagged them like that.
For stable releases we already did it like "13.0-Gotham".
Also using the other it wasn't even possible to have betas tagging for bugfix releases. How would you tag the 13.1beta if you would use "Gotham_beta1"?

could of course also be "13.1-Gotham_beta1" or "13.1-Gotham_b1". No preference from my side

note:
the "Gotham-beta1" was an oops as it had to be "Gotham_beta1"
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I don't care - make it equal for the future and be done Big Grin - but keep in mind that some arch linux devs complained about dashes in tag names or something iirc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
13.1 Beta 2 shows as 13.0 Beta 20