Downloading Torrent files in XBMC - possible?
Hi!
Noob warning Blush

Running XBMC and loving it.
Was wondering: is there a way to download torrent files?
Was looking into that yesterday for a long time, and couldn't figure this out.
Thanks!!!
Tongue
Sort of, but not really. At least not efficiently. You can control torrent programs from within XBMC using add-ons, like Add-on:RTorrent (wiki), Add-on:uTorrent (wiki), or Add-on:Transmission (wiki). Just remember, on the forums we can't help you out with bootleg sources, like specific torrent sites or trackers.
(2014-05-29, 09:57)Ned Scott Wrote: Sort of, but not really. At least not efficiently. You can control torrent programs from within XBMC using add-ons, like Add-on:RTorrent (wiki), Add-on:uTorrent (wiki), or Add-on:Transmission (wiki). Just remember, on the forums we can't help you out with bootleg sources, like specific torrent sites or trackers.

Thanks! You'd be surprised but this is actually legit!

So I need to install these addons first and then take it from there..... If I understand you correctly...

But I am confused because you said "sort of, but not really". So is that a yes or a no? Blush
Someone wrote a binary add-on called XBMCtorrent that is basically a full torrent client, but it doesn't really provide typical torrent client controls. In theory someone could use that as a base to make a traditional torrent client that runs as an XBMC binary add-on.
Thanks!

I think that one is meant for streaming, no?
Yeah, which is probably why they didn't bother with traditional torrent controls.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Downloading Torrent files in XBMC - possible?0