Linux Lubuntu, XBMC and (usb) automount
Question 
Hi everyone!

I installed Lubuntu 14.04 on my Intel Nuc, together with XBMC to create a home theater PC (I chose Lubuntu instead of XBMCBuntu for a number of reasons) and encountered a small problem while I inserted a USB stick into the HTPC, as you can see in the image below (excuse me for the bad picture):

It seems that the default "a removable device is inserted" windows from Lubuntu shows up and it takes over the entire screen, rendering my remote unusable until I connect a keyboard/mouse to dismiss the window. XBMC picks up the USB device just fine.

Anybody knows which package is responsible for displaying this? Have already tried dconfeditor but no luck. Also looked on the internet, but couldn't find a definitive answer...

Lubuntu 14.04
XBMC 13.0
Intel Nuc
Happens with any ordinary USB drive that's inserted into any USB port on the NUC.
I think udev rules are responsible for this.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
standard ubuntu behavior, has nothing to do with xbmc.
pcmanfm > edit > preferences > volume management
I am wondering what the number of reasons are, since XBMCbuntu is basically Lubuntu + XBMC plus the configuration you haven't completed yet Smile
Can someone point me to the docs that detail the mechanism that Kodibuntu is using to mount my USB HDD? Google shows nothing for me.....

fstab shows the device, but it's being mounted as "2.73GB Hard Drive". I see nothing in udev or polkit to lead me to believe there's a rule for these devices, so I'm rather stumped.

If I create a static entry for the device in fstab (using the UUID) I end up "double mounted". I just want to either 1) have my own mount or 2) be able to "fix" the auto-mount.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lubuntu, XBMC and (usb) automount0