Solved [FernetMenta-Master] audio drifts out of sync on transcoded FLAC streams
Code:
pick fa55066 videoplayer: adapt lateness detection and dropping to buffering
pick 96f2eb0 video player: present correct pts to user for a/v sync (after buffering in renderer)
pick 82b0861 renderer: bump buffers to 5
pick e26affa videoplayer: update frametime, it might change due to fps detection
pick 6fb5d8b videoplayer: give streams with invalid fps a chance for fps detection
pick f7febe4 dvdplayer: allow rewinding at end of stream, do a seek after rewind
pick e77ed12 dvdplayer: observe pts counter overflow
pick 4c12eaa dvdplayer: avoid short screen flicker caused by unnecessary reconfigure of renderer
pick 0865d7a vdpau: advanced settings for auto deinterlacing
pick a6455f8 player: fix rewind
pick fe1fa54 OMXPlayer: some caching fixes for pvr
pick 28744e4 fix incorrect display of fps when dr kicks in
pick 2ff32dc renderer: allow some lateness within vblank interval
pick 268f2e8 ActiveAE: slightly reduce buffer size
pick 68df0d8 Revert "vdpau: comment some features that will be added later"
pick 0ded331 ffmpeg demuxer: faster channel change for PVR addons without internal demuxing (such as MediaPortal, ArgusTV, MythTV, NextPVR) Credits: FernetMenta, Davilla, Popcornmix, Wh$
pick 1d62b08 ffmpeg demuxer: make sure we start mpegts video with an i-frame
pick d77f8be DVDFactoryDemuxer: skip streaminfo for udp tcp and pvr-channels
pick 30ea29f squash fast switch
pick a498f13 squash fast channel
pick 0bd2421 linux: add shared lib for sse4 operations
pick c07031a vaapi: option to enable sw filters
pick c8a99c4 xbmc pr 3080
pick 9cd5710 set preatpicture if pts is equal to last frame
pick f9b8347 ActiveAE: add some debug logging
pick eb4eb1e squash swfilter
pick ddf484f swfilter, squash me too

That's all what is left :-) - you see anything SDL / X11 - nope :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I don't follow the commit logs closely enough it seems. Wink But this is good news to me. Compiling mainline as we speak and will do further tests today or tomorrow.
I thought I had fixed it prior to merging audio branch. Either the issue is gone or it shows in my master and mainline.
@FernetMenta–You mean in the last few days? The latest build I've tested was from the 1st of June. Will be interesting to see if a new mainline build (and thus by implication your master branch) is still affected though.
1st June? Since that time a whole lot has changed, clocks, planar, ... please when you report bugs always try with the very latest.

Edit: You openened on June 3rd - so most likely fine.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Just finished testing mainline (14.0-ALPHA1 Git:20140609-774d5f9), and the FLAC sync issues over S/PDIF are fixed. Watched a whole feature to the end and it had perfect sync and video smoothess throughout. (Also cool that SDL was finally gotten rid of.)

However, the issue with TrueHD streams remains. They quickly start stuttering badly after a couple of seconds regardless of which point in the movie one is at (i.e, when playing from the beginning or forward-skipping)

Debug log: http://pastebin.com/CGitd4qd
Are you sure that you want all that with "disabled vsync"?
Elaborate, please.
You sync to videoclock and your Vertical Blank Sync is set to disabled - why this?
As far as I know, VSYNC is disabled on this setup regardless of which of the three VSYNC settings is being used (ref. prior logs). It was used to be set to be enabled during video playback, but the setting made no impact on vertical tearing (which is not present anyway) nor fluidity during playback.

The only drawback was apparently, that when forced (always on), the refresh rate sometimes did not change correctly when stopping & restarting (stayed at a constant 60Hz), requiring a XBMC restart. So for this iteration (and for the FLAC test) it was set to off in the GUI as it served no purpose.

However, I am unsure why this would have an impact on playback of TrueHD streams (?). I can turn it back on to re-verify, but I am sure it will make no difference on the current problem.

EDIT: Moving this to a dedicated thread as for clarity, as the original issue was resolved. Moderators feel free to close this thread.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[FernetMenta-Master] audio drifts out of sync on transcoded FLAC streams0