• 7(current)
Release Carbon Skin
Hello, I'm looking to modify the theme to create a complete copy of Apple TV's home screen layout i'm looking for the ability to change the height and width of the home screen icon's. I've attached an image to show you what i'm looking for within your theme i think they are a little off as well as with the roundness of the corners many thanks <3

(2014-11-29, 01:24)Jakeround98 Wrote: Hello, I'm looking to modify the theme to create a complete copy of Apple TV's home screen layout i'm looking for the ability to change the height and width of the home screen icon's. I've attached an image to show you what i'm looking for within your theme i think they are a little off as well as with the roundness of the corners many thanks <3

This is easy to do.
Goto Skin Settings > Home Icon Menu > icon layout > sio2
Then
Skin settings > home icon menu > icon theme > ios 7

Then apply a custom shelf
Skin settings > advanced skin setting > custom shelf bkgd > default

(2014-11-24, 10:04)fantasticn Wrote: Hi iCanuck,

I tried your skin and I very much like the clear design, the customizability and the responsiveness. However, after trying to adjust the skin to my needs I have the following comments:

1.The menu for customzing the tiles should be slightly revised. It should offer open customization for all tiles (every tile should be openly configurable, not tide to a certain selection), meaning
- select one of the functions:
a) system-function (movies-, music-, settings-, weather-, addon-section etc.)
b) addon (video-adon, music-addon or program-addon) or
c) selected windows/entered system-command.
- select a widget to be shown above (supporting extend-info-script)
- select an icon
- select the icon background-color (overriding the mixed colors)
You could even add selections for the tile pattern and tile frame color (if any frame is selected) overriding the corresponding general selections.

2. On the main-screen: If you select tiles in the third row it should not be the whole screen moving up but only the tile section. The upper part showing the widgets should remain in place. Therefore you would be able to have widgets for tiles of all rows (being in line with my suggestion no. 1 to offer such widgets for all tiles).

3. The skin should add support for logos and clearts (in the views)

4. The skin should add support for weather fanarts

5. Music section needs some more views (e.g. cover wall for albums)

Anyway, its a very nice piece of art already. So keep up the good work!

Brgds,

FantasticN

Edit: Ah, and it should show running videos in the background of the main screen, not as an "ugly" picture in the right lower corner.

I plan on adding all homescreen skin settings to the home customizer, I also want to add the feature to be able to move home icons around.

I still have alot of plans for this skin mod but I am waiting until stable Helix is released.
(2014-11-29, 02:41)iCanuck Wrote:
(2014-11-29, 01:24)Jakeround98 Wrote: Hello, I'm looking to modify the theme to create a complete copy of Apple TV's home screen layout i'm looking for the ability to change the height and width of the home screen icon's. I've attached an image to show you what i'm looking for within your theme i think they are a little off as well as with the roundness of the corners many thanks <3

This is easy to do.
Goto Skin Settings > Home Icon Menu > icon layout > sio2
Then
Skin settings > home icon menu > icon theme > ios 7

Then apply a custom shelf
Skin settings > advanced skin setting > custom shelf bkgd > default

(2014-11-24, 10:04)fantasticn Wrote: Hi iCanuck,

I tried your skin and I very much like the clear design, the customizability and the responsiveness. However, after trying to adjust the skin to my needs I have the following comments:

1.The menu for customzing the tiles should be slightly revised. It should offer open customization for all tiles (every tile should be openly configurable, not tide to a certain selection), meaning
- select one of the functions:
a) system-function (movies-, music-, settings-, weather-, addon-section etc.)
b) addon (video-adon, music-addon or program-addon) or
c) selected windows/entered system-command.
- select a widget to be shown above (supporting extend-info-script)
- select an icon
- select the icon background-color (overriding the mixed colors)
You could even add selections for the tile pattern and tile frame color (if any frame is selected) overriding the corresponding general selections.

2. On the main-screen: If you select tiles in the third row it should not be the whole screen moving up but only the tile section. The upper part showing the widgets should remain in place. Therefore you would be able to have widgets for tiles of all rows (being in line with my suggestion no. 1 to offer such widgets for all tiles).

3. The skin should add support for logos and clearts (in the views)

4. The skin should add support for weather fanarts

5. Music section needs some more views (e.g. cover wall for albums)

Anyway, its a very nice piece of art already. So keep up the good work!

Brgds,

FantasticN

Edit: Ah, and it should show running videos in the background of the main screen, not as an "ugly" picture in the right lower corner.

I plan on adding all homescreen skin settings to the home customizer, I also want to add the feature to be able to move home icons around.

I still have alot of plans for this skin mod but I am waiting until stable Helix is released.

Thank you, how about icon & image modfications? I tried looking in the skin files but I presume these are all conpressed?
Yes they are compressed. I can release the images when I have time to upload
great skin
Please keep in mind this skin is mainly a mod of fastcolors sio2 and sio2-x. I have not yet made any drastic changes to his homescreen layouts.

I am not a bigfan of the bubble look either. All I did was add the whole homescreen look from SiO2. I am planning on adding custom colors to the cache on the videoosd as well.

Instead of custom color and darkness presets, I am planning on adding custom hex color codes. This will solve your problem with the fanart darkness and you will be able to manually enter whichever darkness you prefer.

I am planning on alot of changes in the future, including an overall flat look. I probably won't ever add custom icons feature. However I will release the extracted textures so you can modify all you want.
(2014-11-29, 06:13)a_guy Wrote: Image

This is what I've been able to achieve with this skin. I have to agree the bubble look is very dated the shadows behind the home icons distort the background image and the bubble/glare on the movie coverart is messy and the movie coverart as well as the icons themselves are a little too small on home menu plus the reflection under the coverart just cuts off it should fade instead. an overall flat look would be clean I've been trying to accomplish atv os7 but this skin is limited but this is THE BEST skin for kodi

1. there is also the cache/load bar on video playback i cannot change the color its just forever red please add color options

2. I've been patiently waiting for an update with an option for a thin border for the selector like atv

3. a big issue for me is the "fanart background darkness" can you please make the darkest setting (no. 5) a lot darker i can still see the art its distracting when I'm trying to read content description in list view 1 and 3 (list1 and list3)

4. I don't know if its possible but can you make an option for customizable stock icons (movies, tv shows etc.) I would like to use the atv icons to get free of the thick bubble look. maybe just the ability to swap out the icons because I've made my own icons and have replaced them in the "icons-sio2" folder but nothing happens. also please remove the drop shadow on the home icons or if theres already a way to do that please let me know.

excellent skin! thank you!

Hello!! Please could you provide a download for your modifications you've made i've been wanting exactly what you've been wanting for a very long time. It would be greatly appreciated if you can upload to a file host website of Skype it.

Many Thanks
Jake Round
Hi iCanuck, do you have any ETA on your next updates for this skin? I am eagerly waiting for the option to remove/hide the clock and date from the home screen as well as the appearance settings fix. As I mentioned before, the problem on Helix is that once you changed to Carbon skin, the appearance settings gets locked up and you cannot access any of the options.
(2014-12-02, 16:35)ferman360 Wrote: Hi iCanuck, do you have any ETA on your next updates for this skin? I am eagerly waiting for the option to remove/hide the clock and date from the home screen as well as the appearance settings fix. As I mentioned before, the problem on Helix is that once you changed to Carbon skin, the appearance settings gets locked up and you cannot access any of the options.

Sorry I am really busy lately. I probably won't have time until closer to end of month for a major update. I will try and fix the settings menu issues sooner tho.
Love the skin, great job!
Would you consider adding a LoveFilm type view?
(2014-12-11, 13:45)Kaisho Wrote: Love the skin, great job!
Would you consider adding a LoveFilm type view?

Do you have an example?
iCanuck - I've done some digging but cant find what i want. Is there a way to completely disable the recommended tile and have just all recently added to the top of the screen

Thanks
(2014-12-15, 02:34)sharktech Wrote: iCanuck - I've done some digging but cant find what i want. Is there a way to completely disable the recommended tile and have just all recently added to the top of the screen

Thanks

If you go into the Home Customizer and you have Movies or TV Shows selected press up and you will see the toggle.
Are you also going to make this compatible with Kodi?

edit: never mind, didn't saw your kodi repo :-)
(2014-12-29, 20:03)rridder Wrote: Are you also going to make this compatible with Kodi?

edit: never mind, didn't saw your kodi repo :-)

Working on full Kodi support!
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Carbon Skin18