• 4(current)
Release [Mod] Expanded Movie Wall and Logo View - Nox 5
Hi,

I figured out that I needed to manually import the zip into Kodi rather than copy the skin manually.

I am still puzzled that I can't seem to find the placement of the Aeon Nox 5 skin in the install directory of Kodi.
(2015-01-12, 12:32)Tomantino Wrote: Hi,

I figured out that I needed to manually import the zip into Kodi rather than copy the skin manually.

I am still puzzled that I can't seem to find the placement of the Aeon Nox 5 skin in the install directory of Kodi.

You have not unzipped the file properly. I assume you are referring to the complete skin folder I provided. You must take the folder inside the zip and place it in the add-ons folder. If you open the top-level folder, you should have several folders inside (the skin contents). If you open the top-level folder and have only one folder inside (the skin folder), you have not unpacked the contents correctly.
Hey warner306 , I have installed your skin folder and it works great on Helix for wall view and extendedinfo. I wanted to get the Imdb plugin to work as well but that doesn't work. Is there a work around ?
(2015-01-14, 20:53)Alim Wrote: Hey warner306 , I have installed your skin folder and it works great on Helix for wall view and extendedinfo. I wanted to get the Imdb plugin to work as well but that doesn't work. Is there a work around ?

I assume you are referring to IMDb Update. It has been working with Helix for me, so I'm not sure what the problem might be. I'd have to check again to be certain. The only thing you can do is post a link to a debug log in the thread dedicated to that addon.

The debug log is stored in the appdata/Kodi folder. You must turn on debugging in the System settings. Open Kodi and run IMDb update. Close Kodi. Navigate to Roaming/Appdata/Kodi and select the text file named Kodi. That file is the most recent debug log since Kodi was closed. Open the text file with a text editor like notepad and select all. The create a new paste on Pastebin , which is free and does not require a user account. Paste the debug log on Pastebin and provide a link to the log (which is created automatically by Pastebin) in the IMDb Update thread.
(2015-01-12, 22:25)Warner306 Wrote:

You have not unzipped the file properly. I assume you are referring to the complete skin folder I provided. You must take the folder inside the zip and place it in the add-ons folder. If you open the top-level folder, you should have several folders inside (the skin contents). If you open the top-level folder and have only one folder inside (the skin folder), you have not unpacked the contents correctly.

Thank you for your help. The skin installed correctly be copying the files as instructed, but it was also installed correctly by finding the .zip inside Kodi App.

I have two other questions I hope some one can help me with.

1) When I click on a movie poster on the movie wall it starts the movie. Is it possible to change the settings so that clicking the poster brings you to a view of the movie plot and other information?

2) I use The TVDB as scraper for TV Shows but it does not seem to have logos - what scraper is recommended?
(2015-01-16, 13:45)Tomantino Wrote:
(2015-01-12, 22:25)Warner306 Wrote:

Thank you for your help. The skin installed correctly be copying the files as instructed, but it was also installed correctly by finding the .zip inside Kodi App.

I have two other questions I hope some one can help me with.

1) When I click on a movie poster on the movie wall it starts the movie. Is it possible to change the settings so that clicking the poster brings you to a view of the movie plot and other information?

2) I use The TVDB as scraper for TV Shows but it does not seem to have logos - what scraper is recommended?

1) I believe you can change this in the program settings. The default action when I select a poster is a pop-up menu with three options: Play, Info and Manage. I'm not sure why your items play. This has nothing to do with the skin.

2) Logos must be downloaded separately with the Artwork Downloader add-on. I'm not sure if this is installed by default, but you can find it in the Kodi Add-on Repository (I think it's under Programs).

You might want to re-download my skin folder. I've made two corrections since you last downloaded it. I changed the floor label to Wall view and fixed an error with Infowall for TV Shows.
I like the addition of the Oscar statue and IMDB Top 250 icons but I'm curious if they can't be added to the bottom row of icons. To do that would I edit the same MyVideoNav file or are those icons in a different one?

I did add the code like noted but only the IMDB icon shows up. And it shows up in a few different view modes but not all. How does the code know which movies it should put the oscar icon up for? And how do I know which viewtype it's going to show up in and which it won't?

Hoping someone can offer some advice to a coding newbie.
(2015-01-17, 03:38)C.Taylor Wrote: I like the addition of the Oscar statue and IMDB Top 250 icons but I'm curious if they can't be added to the bottom row of icons. To do that would I edit the same MyVideoNav file or are those icons in a different one?

I did add the code like noted but only the IMDB icon shows up. And it shows up in a few different view modes but not all. How does the code know which movies it should put the oscar icon up for? And how do I know which viewtype it's going to show up in and which it won't?

You need to add the word oscar to the name of file

example; forrest gump.oscars.mkv
(2015-01-17, 04:06)Edworld Wrote:
(2015-01-17, 03:38)C.Taylor Wrote: I like the addition of the Oscar statue and IMDB Top 250 icons but I'm curious if they can't be added to the bottom row of icons. To do that would I edit the same MyVideoNav file or are those icons in a different one?

Hmmmm.... that's not as much fun!

I have a playlist that lists all best picture winners I use for a submenu option. Can that be incorporated somehow?
(2015-01-17, 04:10)C.Taylor Wrote:
(2015-01-17, 04:06)Edworld Wrote:

I have a playlist that lists all best picture winners I use for a submenu option. Can that be incorporated somehow?

It would be great if it can grab the information from the playlist, I have a playlist too
(2015-01-17, 04:24)Edworld Wrote: It would be great if it can grab the information from the playlist, I have a playlist too

I'm sure it's just a matter of knowing the exact code to enter. Looking for help with that!

Those icons should only appear in Logo view. The most annoying and simple thing to learn about skinning is the use of the <visible> or visibility tag. This "rule" determines the specific circumstances when an item (label, image, panel, etc.) will appear on the screen. That code should be a part of the group that starts with the following tags:

<control type="group">
<visible>Control.IsVisible(59)</visible>

If you follow the top of that control down to the bottom, you will see its linking closing tag </control>. Control.IsVisible(59) indicates that control 59, the id of Logo view, should be visible before the elements between the <control></control> tags can appear. If you don't get the icon code between those tags, the item will appear in other views.

To move the position of the icons, you would have to change its <posx><posy> on the screen. However, the elements on the bottom would also have to be moved to make room, so this could be a lot of work. Alignment tags are also used to influence the position of text-based labels.

(2015-01-17, 04:24)Edworld Wrote:
(2015-01-17, 04:10)C.Taylor Wrote:
(2015-01-17, 04:06)Edworld Wrote: You need to add the word oscar to the name of file

It would be great if it can grab the information from the playlist, I have a playlist too

Yes, I can help you with this, but you'd have to show me a picture of your playlist settings.

As mentioned, this is simply of matter of changing the visibility conditions governing when the images and text appear on the screen. For the Oscar statue, this is what I currently use:

<visible>SubString(ListItem.FileName,.oscars)</visible>

The list of visibility conditions is not endless, but I'm sure I can find something that references your playlist rather than the string .oscars.

The list of possible replacements for this conditional visibility is referenced here: List_of_Boolean_Conditions (wiki).
(2015-01-17, 06:45)Warner306 Wrote: Yes, I can help you with this, but you'd have to show me a picture of your playlist settings.

As mentioned, this is simply of matter of changing the visibility conditions governing when the images and text appear on the screen. For the Oscar statue, this is what I currently use:

The list of visibility conditions is not endless, but I'm sure I can find something that references your playlist rather than the string .oscars.

I got the icon appearing where I'd like it, but only the IMDB so far.

A picture of my playlist settings? What are you looking for specifically?

I have a number of playlists but this one is pretty simple. It's just a list of all the best picture winners. Would it work if I had the proper code that included the playlist name? If so, I'm just not sure what that code string would be.

Thanks for the help!
(2015-01-17, 07:04)C.Taylor Wrote:
(2015-01-17, 06:45)Warner306 Wrote: Yes, I can help you with this, but you'd have to show me a picture of your playlist settings.

I got the icon appearing where I'd like it, but only the IMDB so far.

A picture of my playlist settings? What are you looking for specifically?

I have a number of playlists but this one is pretty simple. It's just a list of all the best picture winners. Would it work if I had the proper code that included the playlist name? If so, I'm just not sure what that code string would be.

Thanks for the help!

I think the playlist name would suffice. See the final edit to my last post for a complete list of possibilities.
(2015-01-17, 07:05)Warner306 Wrote: I think the playlist name would suffice. See the final edit to my last post for a complete list of possibilities.

Cool.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mod] Expanded Movie Wall and Logo View - Nox 57