Bug Duplicate music artists under one song for XBMC and Kodi
(2014-11-26, 03:02)scott967 Wrote: Meanwhile, the database also saves something called "song artist string". This is only used for display with the track/song itself, not a part of the list of artists. This probably needs some tweaking as the song will have 3 song artists saved that it shows as Beginner feat. Das Bo & Ferris MC / Beginner feat. Das Bo & Ferris MC / Beginner feat. Das Bo & Ferris MC probably not so good. I suspect the problem is some people want the song artist to read Beginner feat. Das Bo & Ferris MC and meanwhile have 3 artists in the database, namely
Beginner
Das Bo
Ferris MC
Apparently it's not only used for display with the track/song itself, but also for scrobbling to last.fm.

(2014-11-26, 03:02)scott967 Wrote: ...but I don't think you can get that. You could get the song artist as Beginner / Das Bo / Ferris MC while keeping all three artists in the database, but I guess some people want to keep that "feat.".

For my part I strip out all "feat." and " & " that are used as conjunctives in artist or album artist tags, and instead use separate tags for each, ignoring whether or not the second (or additional) artists have a "feat." credit.
This is song info I do indeed want to keep. A song artist isn't exactly the same as a feat.

(2014-11-26, 09:25)Rouzax Wrote: It could be easy.
As soon as mbid's are seen in a file it should adhere to the logic I descibed a few post back http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1833916
That way everybody that does use MusicBrainz will have a correct database.
I do want to keep using Musicbrainz/picard, and certainly keep a correct database.

(2014-11-11, 14:31)Rouzax Wrote: If XBMC/Kodi would read the correct artist tag there would be no problem.
For the library it is great if each artist on a record is individually listed, however the display of the song should just be the Artist tag.
That way I can search for any artist but in the now play screen it looks as it should.
This sums it up very nicely...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Duplicate music artists under one song for XBMC and Kodi - by bertenvdb - 2014-11-27, 17:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Duplicate music artists under one song for XBMC and Kodi1