Bug Duplicate music artists under one song for XBMC and Kodi
The only problem with the override setting is it's global for ALL aspects of the music library. I have seen and personally scraped albums with exactly the same name but were released in different years, and were different volumes of a series, but no info differentiating them exists in the tags / album names as specified on MB. I can see this leading to different albums like this being clustered into the same entry. I've also seen separation bugs (i.e: one album, but multiple entries in the library) when all the relevant tags aside from track number, and track name match. This may be down to peculiarities in the tagging process and/or MBIDs, but the end result is still a mess.

Rather than having a global override option as it currently exists, I think a better solution is to be able to have an option/switch where Kodi simply ignore the MBID fields like it does for those MB tags that it currently doesn't recognize anyway (there are many) as was suggested above. This could/would also then have to automatically disable the facility to download extra information during updates, as this functionality relies on the information returned by the MBID scanned into the library as it stands.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Duplicate music artists under one song for XBMC and Kodi - by gibxxi - 2015-03-23, 04:53
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Duplicate music artists under one song for XBMC and Kodi1