Gotham 13.1 Final Audio after upgrade
I have a Zotac ID84 (Intel 64bit) that I was running Frodo 12.2 on. I had 5.1 channel sound routing through my Sony STR-BH820 successfully.

I recently upgraded to Gotham 13.1 Final version. Now I seem to have lost my 5.1 channel output and all sound is coming from the two front speakers. I also noticed that even though I am in the System, Advanced user settings mode, I don't seem to have as many choices for specifying audio output capabilities.

XBMC seems to know that the encoding on the VOB files is Dolby Digital 5.1 as it says so on the screen. My receiver doesn't seem to be getting the signal, and just shows output on the front left and right speakers (i.e. 2 channel output).

My log file shows new NOTICES from the ALSA interrogation that don't appear in older Frodo based log files. These can be viewed here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=232284

My receiver should be able to process most of the formats that log seems to imply that it can't do.

Surround Sound Formats:•Dolby Digital
•Dolby Digital EX
•Dolby Digital Plus
•Dolby ProLogic
•Dolby ProLogic II
•Dolby ProLogic IIx
•Dolby ProLogic IIz
•Dolby TrueHD
•DTS 96/24
•DTS
•DTS-ES
•DTS-ES Discrete 6.1
•DTS-ES Matrix
•DTS-HD High Resolution Audio
•DTS-HD Low Bit Rate
•DTS-HD Master Audio
•DTS Neo:6

Does anyone know what is going on here and what I can do about it?

Thanks,

Gary P Smith
Please post screenshots of your audio settings - that'll probably be two screenies as it doen't fit on one page. Use the prtscr button on a keyboard to create screenshots, put them somewhere like imgur.com and post the links here.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thx for cutting the logfile. Make sure to read the Gotham FAQ,

hint:

First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks Nickr and Fritsch. I have found the problem.

Someone in the house had pressed a hard button on the amp that hard sets it into 2 channel stereo mode. I had forgotten that button was there. Putting the receiver into Movie mode now allows the sound to come through.

Setting the system in Expert mode show more of the options I was used to seeing. I recall seeing a Linear PCM mode before that I don't see now, but I don't think I'm interested in that anyway.

I don't know why these NOTICES started appearing in the log, but it doesn't look like they are creating any problems.

I am good now.

Thanks,

Gary P Smith

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham 13.1 Final Audio after upgrade0